Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old August 31st, 2019, 09:19 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Can a figure with a height of 7 and a move of 7 walk over a ruin?

A ruin is height 6, according to the RotV rulebook. Since it does not occupy a space, and figures can be adjacent with a ruin in between them, this says to me that it can be climbed over.
From the FAQ:
Quote:
Can a figure walk or move over a ruin to get to the space on the other side?
Yes, but normal movement rules still apply. The ruin (from the Rise of the Valkyrie Master Set) is 6 levels high, so it would take a move of at least 7 to get onto the other side, and the figure’s height would have to be higher than 6 in order to move over it.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old August 31st, 2019, 09:23 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Oh sweet. I was pretty sure I had read it somewhere but couldn't find it in the rulebook.
Old September 2nd, 2019, 07:34 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

It's a pretty hilarious rule. Basically if a big nonflying figure manages to get 7 move it can out of nowhere hop over a ruin pulling a fast one on your opponent. I don't think ive ever seen it in a game.
Old September 2nd, 2019, 09:27 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Yep

I've watched Jotun jump over a ruin (had Valda I think)

~Dysole, now wondering if road bonus counts because, she's pretty sure it counts when you scale a battlement as long as both the place you leave from and the place you drop down on are both on the road
Old September 2nd, 2019, 11:12 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Is there permanent death in Heroscape’s Vahalla?

I’m working on a custom character that won’t kill on moral grounds. Pointless if there is no death, no? Why would anyone fight? Or does the revived hero and the entire planet forget about every death? How and where do they reappear?

Last edited by kolakoski; September 2nd, 2019 at 11:42 AM.
Old September 8th, 2019, 11:25 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

If a figure has a power that affects all figures within 4 spaces of it, does that figure's power affect itself?
Old September 8th, 2019, 11:41 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
If a figure has a power that affects all figures within 4 spaces of it, does that figure's power affect itself?
Yes, but it is usually clarified if it does like Sonlen. Often times the powers don’t affect the figure, but it is always tagged with “<this power> does not affect <figure>.”

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old September 8th, 2019, 11:47 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Yes, but it is usually clarified if it does like Sonlen. Often times the powers don’t affect the figure, but it is always tagged with “<this power> does not affect <figure>.”
Thanks! We were trying to figure this out over on the C3G side of things.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 01:47 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Do people have a favourite online video they direct people to to learn how to play?

I'm interested in answers generally, but specifically at the moment my preferences are: a) 20mins max, b) assumes no general gaming background, c) a good sense of the game is more important than a watertight rules description. In case it makes a difference, a very specific exception to b) is that you can assume the intended audience has played one or two games of Summoner Wars.

Thanks for any leads!
Old September 23rd, 2019, 01:56 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Tom Vasel/The Dice Tower has a 5 part series where he looks at different parts of the game, and I remember liking it when I watched it. I don't remember specifics and how in depth it is, but looking it up really quickly the generals are:

1 - Intro and Terrain - 9 min
2 - How to Play Heroscope - 10 min
3 - Characters - 9 min
4 - Different Sets/Expansions - 11 min
5 - Final Thoughts - 6 min

It has been a long time so I don't know if you could just get away with part 2 as a how to play (the only part I clearly remember is that tip #1 is to shred the basic rulebook), but it would probably be worth checking. I think Sir H also has a how to play on his channel, though I also don't remember much about it.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old September 23rd, 2019, 02:27 PM
Setting the Table for Super

Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ericth74 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

@Sir Heroscape has a video here

Its 33 mins though.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 03:50 PM
Is a Quadradical

ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth ollie is a man of the cloth

Thanks both! Between them that gives me a good range of options to share with people.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's