Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 16th, 2014, 10:21 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game (Looks HeroScap

So according to my theory, of we want more Heroscape, be prepared to buy this game.

-"Give me Heroscape or give me some other decent board game!"

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
1. It does extremely well, so Wizards decides to re-release Heroscape to make more money, because they're the same game.
I don't foresee WotC bringing Heroscape back to market at all, especially not due to success of MTG. For WotC, success for the Heroscape knockoff equals success for their existing Magic cards, so they won't mess with what helps their existing product.
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:42 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

To be honest Magic the Gathering Multiverse makes more sense than D&D's worlds in terms of Heroscape and summoning from other worlds, as planeswalkers do what Arch-Kyrie do on a average basis.

I'm most exited about canalizing the Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game. I've been looking for cheap hell hounds for along time. The dice are sexy and so are the tiles and all of the new figures are pretty amazing, painted or not I can fix those I purchase myself by painting them. I plan on getting 5 sets. I also like the new mechanics and systems that will be introduced in ways, most of us have thought of before in customs.

I just hope if the game becomes popular we will see New Phyrexia. All Will Be One!

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old October 16th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Cautiously optimistic. One one hand, it's more Scape. On the other, it's D&D all over again with it being comprised solely of fantasy crap instead of a mix of fantasy, historical, and science fiction.

I imagine that when this game comes out if it's not already just exactly like Scape but with a MtG theme, that we as a community could just convert the stuff into regular Scape ourselves. I wouldn't be surprised if those unpainted figures and mat terrain and card board ruins were just mock-ups, by the way. Stuff like the game not having order markers is easily rectified.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old October 16th, 2014, 11:42 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El T View Post
Quote:
1. It does extremely well, so Wizards decides to re-release Heroscape to make more money, because they're the same game.
I don't foresee WotC bringing Heroscape back to market at all, especially not due to success of MTG. For WotC, success for the Heroscape knockoff equals success for their existing Magic cards, so they won't mess with what helps their existing product.
There is a very low chance that Heroscape will be revived. WOTC will just profit off a MTG themed Heroscape knock-off. And then, when it gets to be good, they stop production to "Focus on their core brands."

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old October 16th, 2014, 11:58 PM

G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby! G1shark rolls all skulls baby!

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity, I have erased that line."
Old October 17th, 2014, 01:01 AM

Puffy is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Exclamation Heroscape Remade as Magic Board Game

I was doing some online surfing, checking news in all sorts of my hobbies, and I found this gem.

Magic Article:
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/boardgame

Video Sneak-peak by Boardgamegeek:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHN2NpEOYSg

It looks like this is WOTC decided fate of Heroscape. If you google "Magic the boardgame", you can find more info and pictures on it.

There's reports that the Hasbro Heroscape design team was in on this. There are many obvious similarities with Heroscape in terms of figure design, terrain and game mechanics.

Could this be the start of something new and great, or the final nail in the coffin of Heroscape? What are your opinions on this?

|Insert witty remark Here|
Old October 17th, 2014, 01:03 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Heroscape Remade as Magic Board Game

There's a big discussion about the game in the Other Board Games forum. You can read lots of speculation and opinions there, and some new facts too.

I think this thread is going to get locked up and/or merged, though.

Old October 17th, 2014, 01:05 AM

Oh, my mistake. I'll get rid of this.

Old October 17th, 2014, 01:08 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
Oh, my mistake. I'll get rid of this.
The admins will take care of it. And don't feel bad, there were at least 3 threads on the game this morning.

Old October 17th, 2014, 01:37 AM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm glad to see a new version of HeroScape for a new generation, but I'm not sure this is for me. I never got into MTG so the theme doesn't really engage me. I've got plenty of terrain already, and this looks like it's going to be pretty sparse in that department. I could see buying it for the figs, but I've had the option to expand my collection of units through C3V for years now and never really got on board.

I hope it will be a fun new game that will bring as much joy to its players as HeroScape did for me, but I just can't see myself getting infected with the mad collectors fever I had for HS.

Last edited by Elstree; October 17th, 2014 at 10:47 AM. Reason: fixed typo
Old October 17th, 2014, 01:47 AM

I'm a fan of Heroscape. I'm a fan of Magic: The Gathering. However, when I saw the article on Magic's site, I was kinda disturbed. To me, it seems like another nail in the coffin of Heroscape.

I'd love to see this be wildly successful at combining two games I love. Unfortunately, I'm pretty pessimistic about the situation. I just don't see the game picking up enough steam to get people to check out Heroscape, or revive it. I doubt it'll do much for introducing people to the Magic trading card game either.

I'll definitely be on the lookout for people's opinions of this games once it releases. I may even pick up a copy and try it out.

Prove me wrong Heroscapers and Magic players!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion