Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old January 2nd, 2019, 01:12 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Queen's Gambit inspired scenario

This weekend I am hosting an annual Heroscape event (my birthday celebration). It will be about 12-14 people probably. My plan is to split into two teams, and run 3 boards. So each team will have representatives at each table.

I will give each side a huge pool of themed figures from which to build fixed point armies. So for example one side might be all Marro and the other Soulburg/Agent themed - I have a *lot* of figures.

With all that in mind, here is a link to a google doc outlining the scenario. I would love any input/thoughts/concerns etc. Also, I thought my fellow HS nerds might just enjoy this.

As the subject says this was inspired by Queens Gambit (the board game). Basically I wanted 3 boards where each board impacts the other boards.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:52 AM

LuckyST Woo who?
Re: Queen's Gambit inspired scenario

I think it's gonna be a good birthday celebration
Old January 3rd, 2019, 09:46 AM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyST View Post
I think it's gonna be a good birthday celebration
I have created a reputation with my family for my HS events. Each time I find myself trying to one up myself. This year I have a lot of 3d printed terrain and the campaign attached here.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 12:11 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Inspiring! Looks very Star Warsish. Relatively complex. 12-15 people! Curious to hear how it goes. Basic idea of linking maps with transporters is an oldy but goody. I’ve been having trouble choosing among Flash 19’s awesome maps. Now I can pick 2-3 (they’re small) and place transporters on them. . . .
Old January 3rd, 2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolakoski View Post
Well met!

Inspiring! Looks very Star Warsish. Relatively complex. 12-15 people! Curious to hear how it goes. Basic idea of linking maps with transporters is an oldy but goody. I’ve been having trouble choosing among Flash 19’s awesome maps. Now I can pick 2-3 (they’re small) and place transporters on them. . . .
Basically my brothers and a ton of kids (old kids now) - its a lot of fun. It is always a challenge creating scenarios that support that many people and yet move along reasonably. One huge game with 14 players is terribly slow and painful. But I love the idea that the games are all connected. And the notion of one of the games being the timer for all the games excites me. I love that it simply can not slog on forever.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Well met!

And are you a 4th degree black belt? I assume that is you in the photo. I am prepping to test for 1st degree hopefully in a couple of months.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 03:21 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

I promoted last March. What style are you studying?
Old January 3rd, 2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Well met!

Does that make you a Master now?

I am in Tae Kwon Do. Been at it about 4 years now and I think the next black belt test is in February...I hope to be ready.
Old January 3rd, 2019, 05:28 PM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Quote:

I am in Tae Kwon Do. Been at it about 4 years now and I think the next black belt test is in February...I hope to be ready.
It makes me a Sensei. What is your test like?
Old January 4th, 2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmeeple View Post
Quote:

It makes me a Sensei. What is your test like?
What do you study?

For my first degree test I have to demonstrate 9 forms (Taegeuk forms if your familiar), 30 grappling and self defense techniques, lots of line drills with more difficult combos (double tornado kicks in place is what I fear most on this part - yikes), and then a verbal part which we do a few days before the test.
Old January 4th, 2019, 01:56 PM

Well met!

Any sparring?
Old January 4th, 2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Well met!

Any sparring?
Its interesting, where I go there is no sparring for testing until like 2nd degree black belt. I always wondered why that was the case. I wish it was part of it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios