Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Notices

Old August 17th, 2009, 12:08 PM

=Cheeseclan=Ldr=09 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Viper Strategy

You need the any number of armoc, venocs, and warlords. You also need some good cannon fodder. My standard army for this strat is Taelord, MDG, Roman Archers x1, Roman Swordsmen x1, Armocs x1, Venocs x1, Venoc Warlord

The Vipers start a little to the left or right with everyone else in a big mass in the center. enemy will want to get rid of the main threat, Marcus and TAelord. Meanwhile, with the warlord's move bonus, your vipers sneak behind enemy lines and wreak havoc on the weaker (and usually squad) units that haven't been sent to destroy marcus and such. Then when the vipers have killed most of the weaker enemies, grab your remaining romans and taelord and pull them towards where the vipers are, keeping them close together. Once the Vipers and Strong Guys are together make a attack on whatever is left of the stronger units. Once their dead, wipe out the remaining enemies. The amazing part of this strategy is how quickly the vipers wipe out the weaker soldiers. I have finished a game in ten minutes with this strategy. IT was amazing! Feedback will be help full so i can revise my strat. and make it even better. TY!
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:15 PM

pixlepix Woo who?
Re: Viper Strategy

how are you a contributor?

"Heroscape isn't interfering with your life. Your life is interfering with heroscape."
Basic guide to heroscape
guide to heroscape rules
The best online game ever(try it out for a month.)
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The main problem for this strategy is that you're laying out what your opponent's moves will be. Now, what if you're opponent doesn't move like you said they should? What would happen then?
Also, that seems like a massive amount of cards to keep track of, so it'd be awfully hard to move as a group.
Third, the vipers are cannon fodder themselves. You wouldn't need extra army cards to do it too. Seeing this, I believe it means you only have one of the common sets (poor you ), and that would make this point unvalid. But, it would be a better idea to put a large swarm of vipers into the army (aka, as much as you have and are able to squeeze into the starting zone without dropping any figures).

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

This seems really close to trying to be a Strategy Article, without the name. You should of consulted someone before even posting this. Also, someone already has made a strategy article for the vipers.

Try to clean up whatever you can salvage of this, for too many problems exist.

MegaSilver, Unit Debate Master
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:51 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Cheeseclan=Ldr=09 View Post
You need the any number of armoc, venocs, and warlords. You also need some good cannon fodder. My standard army for this strat is Taelord, MDG, Roman Archers x1, Roman Swordsmen x1, Armocs x1, Venocs x1, Venoc Warlord

The Vipers start a little to the left or right with everyone else in a big mass in the center. enemy will want to get rid of the main threat, Marcus and TAelord. Meanwhile, with the warlord's move bonus, your vipers sneak behind enemy lines and wreak havoc on the weaker (and usually squad) units that haven't been sent to destroy marcus and such. Then when the vipers have killed most of the weaker enemies, grab your remaining romans and taelord and pull them towards where the vipers are, keeping them close together. Once the Vipers and Strong Guys are together make a attack on whatever is left of the stronger units. Once their dead, wipe out the remaining enemies. The amazing part of this strategy is how quickly the vipers wipe out the weaker soldiers. I have finished a game in ten minutes with this strategy. IT was amazing! Feedback will be help full so i can revise my strat. and make it even better. TY!
Just one question: have you ever played Heroscape?!? If you have, then you should know that "sneaking around the enemy lines" doesn't work whatsoever.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:57 PM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:

Just one question: have you ever played Heroscape?!? If you have, then you should know that "sneaking around the enemy lines" doesn't work whatsoever.

You would know

Anyway, it's a good idea, I do think it needs a little revision. Plus, Taelord is not the unit to use, he's basically benefiting no one, and he's overpriced. Maybe a figure that can hold it's own ground such as Brunak would benefit this more. Q9 would also be a great figure. Plus, I would substitute your armocs for some more venocs. If you can.

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:19 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'll just sum up - 1 x Any Common Squad = Bad News

There is no sneaking in Heroscape. You opponent can see your figures and your OM's.

This is Seven army cards. Even with the bonding offered, it's going to be a nightmare to get everyone where you want them to be.

Old August 17th, 2009, 01:26 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubafication View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Quote:

You would know

Anyway, it's a good idea, I do think it needs a little revision. Plus, Taelord is not the unit to use, he's basically benefiting no one, and he's overpriced. Maybe a figure that can hold it's own ground such as Brunak would benefit this more. Q9 would also be a great figure. Plus, I would substitute your armocs for some more venocs. If you can.
Fixed. And remember who got you into Heroscape.
If I remember correctly, you had never heard about the game until I let you win that first game we played.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 17th, 2009, 02:13 PM

Tiny Timmy knows what's in an order marker Tiny Timmy knows what's in an order marker

....I played the Viper army at Gencon...

I used the venocs to weaken their army... for the first three matches they frenzy like crazy, only lost one due to a chomp on the warlord, the other two games I lost, my frenzy didn't work...

My army was
5x Venocs
2x Armoc
Warlord

I went 2-3 in the tourney with this fun army.
Old August 17th, 2009, 03:05 PM

mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker

The best strategy when playing the vipers is to hide your opponent's Airborne Elite. Lost 16 vipers (11/12 Venocs and 5/9 Armocs) in only 2 turns last night.

Come to think of it, I think I lost 15 of those 16 in the first turn.

Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar keep on giving.
I recommend everyone try Darth Vader's Massivescape suggestions.

Last edited by mrkurtb; August 17th, 2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old August 17th, 2009, 03:21 PM
so CUTE when he's bitter

Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscape Elffy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
This seems really close to trying to be a Strategy Article, without the name. You should of consulted someone before even posting this. Also, someone already has made a strategy article for the vipers.

Try to clean up whatever you can salvage of this, for too many problems exist.

MegaSilver, Unit Debate Master
This is not even CLOSE to a Strategy Article. The Strategy Articles go very in depth in one unit. And the people who write them know what they're doing.

This 'strategy'? I believe this would be called a flop. The vipers just don't stay alive long enough to do much, in most cases. Scratch the Vipers, and just use Romans.
Old August 17th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Arguably this is a fair stratgy, but it needs work. Think hammer and anvil. The Vipers, move quite fast and hit hard enough. A good hammer would be a force that can take the hits, Sentiles, minons, q9, etc.

You push the forces into the heavies (who are open without order markers) and attack like crazy with the vipers. If you opponant kills vipers you have more time to better position your heavies and take some range out at the same time. If he attacks the open heavies hopefully they survive and your vipers do what they do until they are all dead or holding glypes.

Either way your hope is that the opponants forces are in complete disarray by the time the vipers are wiped out and your forces have the time to set up for the "real" attack.

If frenzy hits enough and your up against range this might really pay off.... or fail horriablly.

wRiggs

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles