Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Notices

Old February 13th, 2008, 11:37 PM

'Scaper Zeta Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kboleen
I played during the beta and decided not to play when it went live because it seemed to me to be just another "grind" game: endless monster bash to gain levels with a few "quests" thrown in occasionally.
Quests hand quite a bit of experience and there at least that I've noticed really isn't that much grinding. There really seems to be a nice flow to the game, the quests lead you to the newplace you should be for your level and there really never seemed to be a time where I was stuck at one level for to long.
Old April 14th, 2008, 07:51 AM

lhhgbh has disabled reputation
Re: LOTRO

BUMP!

I just started playing now that I have had more free time. Me and some friends started a small kinship if any of you are interested. You should like the name, Eyes of Valkyrie.

Just look me up, online most evenings Vilya, Gibletz or Gibletez.

I appreciate the break in spending on HS pieces, but come on already!
Old April 14th, 2008, 08:41 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

how is the mothly pay to play rate, i am intrested as long as the monthly is under 15(Wow is to expensive)
Old April 14th, 2008, 12:30 PM

Well they have whats known as founders pricing. All you need is to be invited via email to play by someone with the founders pricing (like me). You download the game via the link, setup the account. You get it free for 10 days. At the end if you like it you purchase the game. Target has had it for $14 on the clearance end caps. Dont let this fool you into thinking its going away. The Mines of Moria expansion is coming out this fall.

Anyhow once you buy the game (regular price $19.99) you choose your monthly subscription rate. The founder pricing is $9.99 per month or you can pay in 3,6,12 month increments for cheaper, or $199 for lifetime membership. You also get 30 days free when you buy the game. If you want a invite just email because I can only send out 5. Thanks.

Old April 16th, 2008, 07:38 AM

Syvaris knows what's in an order marker Syvaris knows what's in an order marker

thanks, i may sign up, if my computer will run it
Old April 17th, 2008, 08:23 AM

The requirements aren't too bad. 128 is the min rec. video. With 256 you can get the cooler FX. I would suggest 2GB of RAM. The game runs well at 1GB, but you get lag in the big city of Bree and in the old forest (scary place by the way)

The game is worth checking out.

Old April 17th, 2008, 10:34 AM

Bazooka has disabled reputation

If only Turbine would combine the fantastic outdoor coding resources they used in LoTRO with the physics based gameplay of the dungeons/quests in Dungeons and Dragons online.

Two great tastes that taste great together!
Old April 17th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!

I am going to be getting a new computer soon, and one of the main features I'm going to be looking for is the ability to play this game. Thwe average $500-600 dollar computer now has roughly these kind of specs:

~2 GHz Dual-Core Proccessor
2 GB RAM
ATI Radeon X1250 Graphics

For those of you who have this game, how well do you think those type of specs would run this game? What kind of specs would you most recommend?
Old April 18th, 2008, 08:20 AM

Ive got almost those same specs on my Dell XPS 210. It came with integrated graphics that handled the game decent, but without the top FX like water reflections, etc. I upgraded my 1GB of memory to 2 and my video card to a 256MB and it runs great now with minimal lag.My wife started playing so now I need to upgrade the spare pc with a new video card. In the meantime I play with lag once again as I could not very well let her use the crap pc.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games