Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 28th, 2022, 11:07 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!
Wormhole mechanics-input wanted

My brother, kid and I were spitballing about this idea, and I'd like to have a solid initial idea/rules in place before we play it, so it's clear and there's no argument during the game, but with the knowledge that it might need adjustment before being implemented again. I have a variety of ideas, but here's my current plan.
  • Wormholes will be indicated by shadow tiles
  • By default they will be inactive
  • To be activated a figure must be on a Glyph of Brandar (there may be more than one Brandar on the map, only one needs to be occupied, more than one occupied is mechanically the same as one being occupied)
  • Inactive wormholes may be walked over or stopped on as normal spaces
  • Only single space figures may pass through an active wormhole
  • A single space figure that steps on or otherwise becomes on an active wormhole (Throw/Carry/etc.) is transported to another wormhole
  • Moving from one wormhole to another costs zero movement
  • Double spaced figures that step or stop on an active wormhole, or are on a wormhole that becomes active are not transported
  • A figure transported between wormholes must move off the exit wormhole
  • Any figure that is unable to move off an exit wormhole must roll a d20; if 1-10 the figure is destroyed, if 11+ chose an opponent to pick an unoccupied space adjacent to any wormhole other than the one that was entered to place the figure, if there is none the figure is destroyed (this applies to figures that are standing on inactive wormholes that are activated outside their turn, and figures that are Thrown/Carried/etc. and placed on a wormhole)
  • Roll a die for any double spaced figure that is standing on an active wormhole at the end of a round, if a skull is rolled that figure receives a wound

Legalese is a little loose, but the gist is there. Any thoughts?

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old October 29th, 2022, 02:38 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Wormhole mechanics-input wanted

I've done something similar in the past.it was when I first 3d printed a bunch of cool little portals that sat on a one hex. My rules for those were that a figure on an adjacent space could use one space of movement to enter that portal, and be placed on a space adjacent to another portal on the map. There are twists you can add to it like roll a die and make the character go to a random portal, or a specific portal, or either or. Also, by damaging the model for rolling a certain number or lower. I first got this idea from a frostgrave scenario. What we generally settled on was something with very little negative. You either just go from point a to point b. Or you add a very small modifier of negative/positive to a d20 roll. It really allows easy use of multi tiered/leveled terrain for non flying figures to battle on. I never did figure size restrictions just to keep it fun and usable by all. There were portals, that easily went from point a to point b. As well as chaotic portals that had deadly or random effects. Kept to a minimum on damage so people would still use them. That's not exactly what you were asking, but it's a great alternative that you could also use with your glyphs or shadow spaces. Also leaving engagement attacks would apply when going through a portal when passing an enemy figure. A portal could not be used if there were no available spaces next to another portal. IE, if it was completely surrounded.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 29th, 2022, 12:31 PM

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Thanks. Good to hear your practical experience with something similar. Our ideas seem to be pretty close, with the exception of size limit and you also had moving off the exit wormhole as a free step. I see definitely not wanting to deincentivize using them by making them significantly risky. I only included a high chance of destruction in a limited fashion to have a clear mechanic in place before it came up in game, with the bonus of it including a risk that the players would have to take into tactical consideration sometimes (stop on an inactive wormhole?) and a strategic offensive application, by being able to move an enemy onto an active one.

Old October 29th, 2022, 06:30 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Thanks. Good to hear your practical experience with something similar. Our ideas seem to be pretty close, with the exception of size limit and you also had moving off the exit wormhole as a free step. I see definitely not wanting to deincentivize using them by making them significantly risky. I only included a high chance of destruction in a limited fashion to have a clear mechanic in place before it came up in game, with the bonus of it including a risk that the players would have to take into tactical consideration sometimes (stop on an inactive wormhole?) and a strategic offensive application, by being able to move an enemy onto an active one.
The only reason it was a free step was that it is a physical portal in the way. The figures couldn't physically stay on the hex space. It works though. It's a great tool to make maps that have multiple levels of castle competitive, when they just usually are not. It also creates important parts of the map similar to glyphs. If you can fight to keep people out of the portal, it works.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old October 29th, 2022, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
The only reason it was a free step was that it is a physical portal in the way. The figures couldn't physically stay on the hex space. It works though. It's a great tool to make maps that have multiple levels of castle competitive, when they just usually are not. It also creates important parts of the map similar to glyphs. If you can fight to keep people out of the portal, it works.

Oh, I gotcha. I was picturing you 3d printed something like a 0 level tile, but it sounds like it ws more like a tower or standing mirror?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions