Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics
Comics Not Heroscape or Marvel Heroscape.

Old July 1st, 2010, 11:39 AM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Wonder Woman's New Costume

So... the powers that be have decided that Wonder Woman needs a new costume and a new backstory.

Unveiling Wonder Woman's New Costume Direction

Here's the new costume:

...and here are some other costume's she's worn over the years, for historical perspective:

Spoiler Alert!

Personally, I'm not crazy about the new look. The bracelets look too chunky and elaborate, the pants look too dark, and the jacket looks like she stole it from 90's-era Rogue.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons, even death may die.

Heroes of StarWars 'Scape / North Carolina 'Scapers
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:55 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Wonder Woman's New Costume

Yeah, I’m not keen on it either.

I read somewhere she has spurs on her boots now. Spurs?! What is she? Annie Oakley?! The costume was designed by Jim Lee for J M Straczynski.

I wish these guys would leave the legends alone.

Old July 1st, 2010, 12:21 PM

Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Granite-M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Lest we forget, let's take a look at some other drastic re-designs of iconic characters' signature looks:

Oh yeah... those all turned out real well.

Old July 1st, 2010, 12:51 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granite-M View Post
Lest we forget, let's take a look at some other drastic re-designs of iconic characters' signature looks:

NO COMMENT.

BLACK PANTHER?!?

NEVER CARED FOR REILLY.

THIS ONE IS ACTUALLY PRETTY AWESOME.
Personally, I'm not a fan of DC, but I think the new costume is better.

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:25 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I don't mind it....less silly looking than her traditional costume, though I wish she was wearing boots.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old July 1st, 2010, 12:37 PM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I’m just waiting for the day they decide to change the Silver Surfer’s look. I can hear them now. “It’s 2015! We have to update Kirby’s masterpiece! He can’t be flying around the cosmos on a surfboard half naked! It's too offensive to all the silver people! Let’s slap a silver tux on him complete with top hat and tails and stick him in some kind of silver space Lexus! Lexus sounds like Nexus and Nexus was a great space comic! The Surfer could be a great space comic, too!”

Old July 1st, 2010, 02:36 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabSheila View Post
I’m just waiting for the day they decide to change the Silver Surfer’s look.

Would this count?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:57 PM

Apparently Jim Lee is fond of coming up with new, "edgy" designs for costumes:

Spoiler Alert!

Huntress isn't too bad, but seriously, what is up with Superman? Gloves? Shoulder logos? Is that a communicator watch on his wrist? Madness! Madness!!

Old July 1st, 2010, 02:03 PM
Sandy 7-Up

Quote:
what is up with Superman? Gloves? Shoulder logos?
If Superman did get cold, you couldn't even argue that the gloves were to keep him warm since he's wearing a short sleeve shirt. As far as the shoulder logos go, they're if you miss the huge honking S on his chest. "Who is this flying caped guy? I can't quite make out what letter that is on his chest. Oh yeah, he's got a little s on his shoulder. It must be Superman!"

Old July 1st, 2010, 10:34 PM
On Fire like in NBA Jam!

Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flame Gryphon is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Apparently Jim Lee is fond of coming up with new, "edgy" designs for costumes:

Spoiler Alert!

Huntress isn't too bad, but seriously, what is up with Superman? Gloves? Shoulder logos? Is that a communicator watch on his wrist? Madness! Madness!!
Madness? THIS. IS. Well, madness.....

Can you defeat a mind such as mine?
Riddler
Old July 3rd, 2010, 10:31 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

In major Indian myth, some heroes are AVATARS of gods. They can't come down here and help out by remaining gods. Look at Gandalf, not to mention J.C. Not to mention The Last Airbender.

Its just a story. Enjoy it for the ride. Then it will be over.

Old July 1st, 2010, 02:22 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:

Hey, it's Monica from Friends! I wonder if Chandler knows about this...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Comics