Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old May 1st, 2017, 10:43 PM

Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker Grimnak knows what's in an order marker
Re: Cleveland, Columbus, and Pittsburgh (C2P) Tournament 4/2

My turn! So many of my games were nail biters; I felt like I'd aged several years during the afternoon of the tournament.

I recruited Einar's forces, particularly Kaemon Awa, Roman Legionnaires 4x, MDG, and Guilty McCreech.

Game 1: @TrollBrute (Arrow Gruts 3x, Swog Rider 2x, Ornak, Krug, Nerak, Isamu) on Sirocco

I didn't feel too good about this matchup, especially since I was having flashbacks of my sound defeat against TrollBrute the previous tournament. The game did not start in my favor at all, with his smart moves allowing him to set up his Swog + AG pod on height and shoot arrows of death down at my poor Romans. At the end of the round, we had a damaged Krug ONE space from a defenseless Kaemon Awa, and TrollBrute conveniently had the initiative glyph. We rolled for initiative, sure of Kaemon's death; I rolled a natural 20 whole TrollBrute failed to get a 12+. I took advantage of this lucky roll and Quick Released Krug to death on the next turn. Marcus and the Romans slugged it out and I sealed the game to win on points with a lucky last-minute one-shot of Ornak with an unharmed Kaemon Awa. Excellently played, TrollBrute! You honestly deserved the win, but it all came down to that one initiave roll.

Win (1-0)

Game 2: Sienna (my girlfriend!) (Marro Stingers 3x, Minions of Utgar 2x, Isamu, Deathreavers) on Mobius

Again, I had no faith in my army's ability to take this one down. The Deathreavers clogged everything down, took glyph control (and one of them was Defense +1!), and even killed a daydreaming Roman. I did fairly well against the Stingers, only losing Marcus and a handful of Romans. Aside from a few lucky blanks on the Minions' parts, they picked me off one by one. In fact, it came down to my 120 points remaining in Kaemon Awa vs. her 110 points in a squad of Minions. No matter what I did, I couldn't kill a minion, and she couldn't reach Kaemon. Just as she had me cornered, time was called and I snuck away with a 10 point victory.

Win (2-0)

Game 3: Ron (my father!) (Krav Maga Agents, Major Q10, Microcorp Agents 2x) on Phlegrean Fields

My dad and I had played countless games in the garage practicing with our armies, and I always beat him. So naturally, both of us were fairly certain I'd win again. However, this map lends itself perfectly to mowing down Romans from range on height). He parked his KMA on the hill and rained death on my army as they tried to approach. Marcus and almost all of the Romans fell with nothing to show for their deaths. It looked like the D-Day invasion, except with Romans for the Americans and sci-fi agents for Germans. Nonetheless. Kaemon got shot up after doing a bit of damage, and I got slaughtered by my dad with a combination of terrible dice rolls and a range-favored map. I'm not salty, though

Loss (2-1)

Game 4: @GUILD_WARRIOR (Marrden Nagrubs 5x, Su-Bak-Na, Wo-Sa-Ga) on Morh

I was excited to play this army, and I admittedly felt confident on my ability to win because of his lack of range. However, I was in for a surprise. Su-Bak-Na wasted Marcus,and the abundance of Nagrubs meant that unless I got a big strike he could heal his wounds effortlessly. Well, after things started to look bad for me, the game turned around. A huge strike from a lone Roman on height and a blank on Su-Bak-Na's part meant I had one less Hivelord to worry about. Guilty McCreech did some damage to Wo-Sa-Ga but all damage was healed. The game got so close that as Wo-Sa-Ga approached my poor Kaemon, I literally had to form a protective wall with the few Romans I had left to prevent a Coil Crush. Time was called, and I had one turn left with Kaemon, and I had to kill something to win. I targeted his last Nagrub with a Quick Release to steal his last OM (and the win). I blanked the first shot, but the three skulls on the next attempt were enough to hand me the win. Well fought, GUILD_WARRIOR!

Win (3-1)

Game 5: @hose (Arrow Gruts 3x, Marro Warriors, Isamu, Krug, Mimring) on Shards

Despite my close win against TrollBrute's Arrow Geuts, I wasn't feeling much better about this army. The game began in my favor, as Guilty McCreech single-handedly slew Mimring. However, Krug found a way into my startzone next to Kaemon, and I faced a very difficult decision. As my last turn for the round, do I surround Krug with 4 Romans and go for the kill before h could damage Kaemon, or do I kill the surrounding Gruts and hope Kaemon doesn't die from 2 attacks of 5. I chose to surround Krug... and left him with ONE life left at the end of the round. Hose won initiative and proceeded to murder the rest of my army with a 9-attack Krug running through my startzone. Hose never needed the Marro Warriors or Isamu to boot. Very well played, hose! I'm 0-2 against you now, so I'm looking forward to our next meeting!

Loss (3-2)

Overall, I took 5th, only placing above my girlfriend because I -barely- beat her in a head-to-head matchup. I had a ton of fun, but I sure wish these tournaments would be more often!

P.S. Thanks so much to Cole, TrollBrute, flameslayer93, and hosey for being cordial and supportive opponents while playing Sienna. She enjoyed the tournament very much!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events