Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old October 12th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: HAC (Heroscape Army Creator) - create armies with no acc

Still using the HAC for every army I build, and the HCS (Heroscape Card Searcher) as well. Are you still doing updates to these, @Spuke Boy ? I'd love to see the 2 new VC units in there. And I could maybe toss in an idea or two about potential improvements, if you were open to that.

Still love this resource. Hoping it's going to continue for many years to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 13th, 2016, 01:25 AM

Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Still using the HAC for every army I build, and the HCS (Heroscape Card Searcher) as well. Are you still doing updates to these, @Spuke Boy ? I'd love to see the 2 new VC units in there. And I could maybe toss in an idea or two about potential improvements, if you were open to that.

Still love this resource. Hoping it's going to continue for many years to come.
Glad to hear it still is getting used! Lately I have only been updating the HACCS database and hope to finish the army creating part of it very soon!

For now, I just went ahead and inserted the two VC units into the HCS/HAC database. Please go ahead and toss in your ideas about potential improvements! I won't be making any changes to HAC anymore, but I would implement the ideas in HACCS.

By the way, I'd be curious to know why you're currently using HCS over HACCS.

Search for any Heroscape cards and create armies.
Create, save and search your own custom cards.
Check out HACCS (Heroscape Army Creator and Card Searcher)!
Old October 13th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuke Boy View Post
Glad to hear it still is getting used! Lately I have only been updating the HACCS database and hope to finish the army creating part of it very soon!
Okay, cool. I look forward to it!

Quote:
For now, I just went ahead and inserted the two VC units into the HCS/HAC database.
Excellent! That helps so much. Thanks for taking care of that so quickly.

Quote:
Please go ahead and toss in your ideas about potential improvements! I won't be making any changes to HAC anymore, but I would implement the ideas in HACCS.

By the way, I'd be curious to know why you're currently using HCS over HACCS.
I suppose the main reason is I just didn't realize it was ready. Now that I'm looking at it again, I do recall giving it a try, but that was a long while ago and it wasn't quite ready yet. I'm sure whatever issues I found way back then are fixed now.

Perhaps a secondary reason is I just like the HCS interface layout better. Having the results covered up by the search window seems to make it harder to refine search results. Certainly the HACCS search itself seems more powerful.

Playing with it very briefly just now, I didn't immediately see how to search for VC units, so that would be a non-starter for me. I definitely have to be able to include those in any search I do.

My primary suggestion, in fact, which I didn't yet see in HACCS (although, as I say, I only poked around very briefly so might have missed it) is to be able to turn on VC (or C3G, HoSS, etc) at a global level. In the current HAC (and HCS as well), I'm constantly having to recheck the VC box, or forgetting to recheck it and then wondering why I'm not getting the results I expected. Being able to set-it-and-forget-it would be ideal.

Thx again for this marvelous resource!

Quote:
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 14th, 2016, 01:02 AM

Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness Spuke Boy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Perhaps a secondary reason is I just like the HCS interface layout better. Having the results covered up by the search window seems to make it harder to refine search results. Certainly the HACCS search itself seems more powerful.
Oh, interesting - do you think an option to put the search cards in the middle pane would make it easier to refine search results?

Quote:
Playing with it very briefly just now, I didn't immediately see how to search for VC units, so that would be a non-starter for me. I definitely have to be able to include those in any search I do.
You can find them by clicking on the "Settings" Button at the top left. I guess it isn't as intuitive as I felt it was. The HACCS Manual currently only describes some basic functions, but you might find it helpful for some things. I probably should put a link to it on the HACCS site itself.

Quote:
My primary suggestion, in fact, which I didn't yet see in HACCS (although, as I say, I only poked around very briefly so might have missed it) is to be able to turn on VC (or C3G, HoSS, etc) at a global level. In the current HAC (and HCS as well), I'm constantly having to recheck the VC box, or forgetting to recheck it and then wondering why I'm not getting the results I expected. Being able to set-it-and-forget-it would be ideal.
I think that's one of the things I wanted to do back then, I just didn't know how. As soon as I found out how to save cookies in the browser I implemented it in HACCS!

Old October 24th, 2016, 11:23 PM
Search and Rescue Expert

Man, I really thought I had answered this already ... sorry for the delayed response!

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, interesting - do you think an option to put the search cards in the middle pane would make it easier to refine search results?
Yes, I think so. Although then you might have a rough time making it all fit.

Quote:
Quote:
You can find them by clicking on the "Settings" Button at the top left. I guess it isn't as intuitive as I felt it was.
Ah, no, I didn't see that at all.

Now that I'm in it, I see some issues here too. But I suppose I should really post those over in the HACCS thread rather than here.

Quote:
The HACCS Manual currently only describes some basic functions, but you might find it helpful for some things. I probably should put a link to it on the HACCS site itself.
Yeah, that seems logical.

Quote:

Why I Left the C3V
Old July 14th, 2017, 01:42 AM

DatSaxophoneGuy is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

When I try to export my army to Hexscape by going to the options and clicking import on my army hsa. file it says something went wrong with unzipping the file... Why?
Old July 15th, 2017, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatSaxophoneGuy View Post
When I try to export my army to Hexscape by going to the options and clicking import on my army hsa. file it says something went wrong with unzipping the file... Why?
I don't understand exactly at what point the problem is occurring. Does it happen while exporting a Hexscape file or while importing one? I believe I never implemented a Hexscape import functionality - you can only import text exported by the "Export Army" link.

I would recommend you try HACCS (Heroscape Army Creator and Card Searcher), which replaces HCS and HAC. At the bottom of the first page of that thread you can find a little explanation on how to use the Army Creator. I hope you find HACCS easier to use!

I currently don't have enough time for programming, but I'd be happy to hear about ideas for improvements!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software