Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old January 28th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Life Of A C3G Design

I could feasibly see us having a release every 3 months.

Imagine a pool of figures that have been officially C3G approved but not yet released. They would sit in the Googlewave thread until then. In the pool sits:

Wolverine
Green Lantern
Wonder Woman
Flash
Deadpool
Robin
Thor
Lex Luther
Kang
Vulture

But really close to being finished were:
Sabertooth
Sinestro
Riddler

We could wait two more weeks until the other three were finalized and vote on releasing a set that contained any 10 of the 13 already released figures. I would insist on a rule that states that the three that were passed over must be included in our next release though. That way a figure doesn't get stuck in the pool. Plus, this would influence what figure I chose. If Wonder Woman was left in the pool, I would be more likely to create a Cheetah.

Last edited by Balantai; January 28th, 2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun Balantai is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
So a new thread that we'd use for about a week each time we release 10 or so designs? Doesn't seem like a very economical use of forum space ... I'd almost rather just change the name of the release thread for each of these "releases" and put some actual pictures up in it during that release time instead of just the links to catch people's eyes.
And then change the name of my link in my sig instead of linking a whole different thread.
Symantics.
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Balantai, can you think of any other ways to achieve this level of excitement and envolvment with the community without having to dangle our units in their faces for a whole month before we release them?

I am trying to be serious though.. what do you think?
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:11 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balantai View Post
I could feasibly see us having a release every 3 months.

Imagine a pull of figures that have been officially C3G approved but not yet released. They would sit in the Googlewave thread until then. In the pool sits:

Wolverine
Green Lantern
Wonder Woman
Flash
Deadpool
Robin
Thor
Lex Luther
Kang
Vulture

But really close to being finished were:
Sabertooth
Sinestro
Riddler

We could wait two more weeks until the other three were finalized and vote on releasing a set that contained any 10 of the 13 already released figures. I would insist on a rule that states that the three that were passed over must be included in our next release though. That way a figure doesn't get stuck in the pool. Plus, this would influence what figure I chose. If Wonder Woman was left in the pool, I would be more likely to create a Cheetah.
I really hate this idea. Hiding units in the wave for months is not how to get the community involved...
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Balantai, can you think of any other ways to achieve this level of excitement and envolvment with the community without having to dangle our units in their faces for a whole month before we release them?

Word of mouth is probably our next best asset. Bats is the best at that. He was able to bring up our release in a whole bunch of threads while remaining relevant to the topics.
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:14 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
I really hate this idea. Hiding units in the wave for months is not how to get the community involved...
I'm sorry, I was unclear. I'm not suggesting we design them in the waves. After they're designed and finalized, they're moved to waves where they just sit until release. This might only be a week or so.
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Word of mouth is probably our next best asset. Bats is the best at that. He was able to bring up our release in a whole bunch of threads while remaining relevant to the topics.
Well then that plus some front page love ever few months should be more than enough. Plus this release put us on the map, now everyone has us on their radar. I don't think we need to worry about sets, unless we agree to pause on Ala Cart to do another Master Set, and that aint gonna happen for a long time.
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I'm sorry, I was unclear. I'm not suggesting we design them in the waves. After they're designed and finalized, they're moved to waves where they just sit until release. This might only be a week or so.
I understood you. But if the unit is hidden, then people wont be able to play it, and that is how you alienate them.

Balantai, lets just calm down, and not assume that the site will loose interest in what we are doing without this big set idea. Lets give our new Ala Cart way (that we haven't even started yet) a chance before we decide that we need sets to maintain excitement and attention.
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:24 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
Well then that plus some front page love ever few months should be more than enough. Plus this release put us on the map, now everyone has us on their radar. I don't think we need to worry about sets, unless we agree to pause on Ala Cart to do another Master Set, and that aint gonna happen for a long time.
I guess we just disagree. I really don't think interest will stay if we're releasing figures every week or so. Afterall, this is Marketing 101. Why do you think Heroscape releases figures in Waves? It's to generate excitement.
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I guess we just disagree. I really don't think interest will stay if we're releasing figures every week or so. Afterall, this is Marketing 101. Why do you think Heroscape releases figures in Waves? It's to generate excitement.
There is something to be said about consistency though. For example: showcasing 1 unit per week, will keep people coming back to see the next new thing each week, instead of once every 3 months.
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:28 PM
Name's Ash... Housewares

Quote:
There is something to be said about consistency though. For example: showcasing 1 unit per week, will keep people coming back to see the next new thing each week, instead of once every 3 months.
We shall see. I will drop the issue.
Old January 28th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think we need to remember who it's most important to keep interested in this project - us.
If we stay interested and do good work, the community interest will come. And if it doesn't, but we're still interested, does it really matter?
Manufactured delays in releasing sounds like the kind of time waster that is apt to make people designing things a little less interested.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy