Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles
Heroscape Strategy Articles Heroscape Strategy Articles with discussions. Including Order Markers, Units, Game Play, etc.

Old February 14th, 2010, 04:54 AM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Greater Ice Elemental discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
I think that my favorite theroyscape use for these guys so far is to use them as a barrier for ranged units against melee units that can ignore standard screens-notably Orcs, but also any other unit with Disengage or Phantom Walk. Rats don't faze the Gruts, but a 4-hex wide, stabby-ice barrier will make them stop and think. They would be especially effective in an army where you could afford 2 or more of them.
So stingers?

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old February 14th, 2010, 03:50 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Which, interestingly enough, fits perfectly at 500:

260 Greater Ice Elemental x2
240 Marro Stingers x4
500 points, 16 spaces

Sounds like fun!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 14th, 2010, 04:04 PM

FatDragon465 costs too much!

this character seems very useful

It seems like it would be hard to take him down and because of his ice cold special ability you could make bridges for your armies to cross.

Call me the Punisher
Old February 14th, 2010, 04:43 PM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Which, interestingly enough, fits perfectly at 500:

260 Greater Ice Elemental x2
240 Marro Stingers x4
500 points, 16 spaces

Sounds like fun!
That...is a scary ass army in my opinion. Enough attacks to deal with most squad armies, while simultaneously having a very strong offense against heroes.

I like this Army, and may field it for some testing. I imagine it would lose to boring armies that consist of all stingers however, i.e. Raelin and 7 sets of Stingers.
Old February 14th, 2010, 04:46 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

It's definitely stronger against more melee-oriented armies. Not to mention I think something with longer range than the Stingers (to draw opponents toward the Ice Elementals) would be better. But it fits.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:21 PM

goaliescaper is surprisingly tart

This unit makes melee pause correct? So wouldn't it make sense to use him as a deterent to melee when they otherwise would engage your KMA for example.

What do you think of GIE 130
KMA 230
Raelin 310
Stinger x2 430
Brandis Skyhunter 520

He shoots... and the airborne elite drop just in time to save the goal!
Old April 11th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliescaper View Post
What do you think of

GIE 130
KMA 230
Raelin 310
Stinger x2 430
Brandis Skyhunter 520
I think that a one-man screen isn't enough and Brandis isn't going to be doing anything useful there. Think about it, the stingers are exactly the same as Brandis except they get 2 more attacks and the potential for an extra attack die on each of those attacks. So, basically, the stingers are throwing up to 12 dice per turn (9 if you aren't aggressive with Stinger Drain like I am), while Brandis is throwing MAYBE 5, usually 3.

GIE 130
KMA 230
Raelin 310
Stinger x2 430

Is a decent starting point.

-Another GIE would bring the total to 560.
-Another GIE and substituting the Krav for a 3rd squad of stingers would bring the total back to 520.
-Adding 2 or 3 squads of Rats brings you to 510 or 550. If your opponent gets through the Rats, they still have to get through the GIE. The GIE is also nice to have around in case you see an army that can bypass rats, like a Grut army.
Old April 12th, 2010, 10:41 PM

goaliescaper is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliescaper View Post
What do you think of

GIE 130
KMA 230
Raelin 310
Stinger x2 430
Brandis Skyhunter 520
I think that a one-man screen isn't enough and Brandis isn't going to be doing anything useful there. Think about it, the stingers are exactly the same as Brandis except they get 2 more attacks and the potential for an extra attack die on each of those attacks. So, basically, the stingers are throwing up to 12 dice per turn (9 if you aren't aggressive with Stinger Drain like I am), while Brandis is throwing MAYBE 5, usually 3.

GIE 130
KMA 230
Raelin 310
Stinger x2 430

Is a decent starting point.

-Another GIE would bring the total to 560.
-Another GIE and substituting the Krav for a 3rd squad of stingers would bring the total back to 520.
-Adding 2 or 3 squads of Rats brings you to 510 or 550. If your opponent gets through the Rats, they still have to get through the GIE. The GIE is also nice to have around in case you see an army that can bypass rats, like a Grut army.
It was late and I was trying to find something for 90 points and i realized that brandis was and since I never used him I just stuck him in there. I think there are better ways to use the points though

EDIT -- Maybe playing it at 510 with 2 squads of rats as you suggested woiuld be the best bet.

He shoots... and the airborne elite drop just in time to save the goal!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Heroscape Strategy Articles