Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old December 15th, 2010, 06:51 PM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Even in Heroscape there is a size variation. For example, Major X17 is a very big Medium 5 figure. I have always thought that the sizes depicted mass a litttle more than they depicted height.
Old December 15th, 2010, 06:57 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranx View Post
Even in Heroscape there is a size variation. For example, Major X17 is a very big Medium 5 figure. I have always thought that the sizes depicted mass a litttle more than they depicted height.
Sizes are off a little bit on some figures...but for the most part the size is closest to how many stacked hexes a figure is equal to.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old December 15th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Sizes are off a little bit on some figures...but for the most part the size is closest to how many stacked hexes a figure is equal to.
I second this observation. Even the hieght of terrain objects is based on stack terrain. (hive, glaciers, rock outcrops, ruins, trees, jungle).
I'm pretty sure the errata on Sentinels of Jandar is becuase the figures are slightly taller than they expected.
Old December 19th, 2010, 02:39 PM
has been BANNED

qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness qt.bangerang wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
It's entirely possible to build some good models, but it would be pretty difficult to get uniformity in sculpt design.

It would be pretty cool if somebody bought the Kings of War zombie pack and five sets of barrels from Amazon and built 10 sets of zombikazies. That's $60 in parts, or $6 per squad, but $10 per squad seems fair for the effort of assembling/painting.

If that sort of production gets up and running, it really changes the dynamic of what we can do with customs.
If enough people want the Zombies and are willing to pay for them. I can make recasts...they wont be perfect but it will work. I have already done this to a few actual HS Figures so I could have more of them or ones that are really expensive to get.

Here is a painted recast of Ornak...let me know what you think.

Old December 19th, 2010, 04:01 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

That's amazing work, qt.bangerang. I'm not sure what the legal issues are if you sell re-casts of existing figures, but if you're mixing and matching different parts to make figures, I can't see a problem.

This is definitely worth considering. But some of those Kings of War zombie packs and barrels from Amazon and see what you can do.
Old December 20th, 2010, 12:31 AM

Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tiranx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can see selling them being an issue, but trading for them would be something different entirely.

@qt.bangerang you should start putting your recasts on the trading thread.
Old December 21st, 2010, 05:40 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Mooseman, bmaczero, and I have managed to make the Magic Set Editor software output high resolution cards. Judges who are printing out cards may appreciate this new high-res version of the Zombie Hulk card:
Spoiler Alert!

As long as I'm posting... I realize we have a "one nomination per post" rule, but what's the policy on nominating two or three cards that have synergy with one another? Obviously you could just nominate in back-to-back posts, but I'm trying to gauge whether this would be frowned upon.
Old December 21st, 2010, 05:49 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Each nomination should be thorough.

I wouldn't presume to speak for all the judges on this, but if it's a Kurrock/Elementals situation, I'd look at them in the same post. Use your judgment; if you get slapped then I'm going to delete this post.

That card is amazing, dok. Great job with that to you, Mooseman & bmaczero.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:02 AM

personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby! personwholives rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Each nomination should be thorough.

I wouldn't presume to speak for all the judges on this, but if it's a Kurrock/Elementals situation, I'd look at them in the same post. Use your judgment; if you get slapped then I'm going to delete this post.

That card is amazing, dok. Great job with that to you, Mooseman & bmaczero.
Well, nominating something like sonya and the retchets would obviously need to be both nominated at the same time, but in a way, that is only "one nomination", because taking one without the other is mostly pointless.... sonya isn't worth her points without the retchets, and the retchets can't enter the battlefield without sonya. If you choose not to induct sonya, the retchets would obviously also be left out, and if you chose not to induct the retchets, sonya wouldn't be balanced correctly.

The elementals, on the other hand, can stand alone, though they are better with Kurrok then without.

(btw: quoted you, now you can delete the post all you like, but I have it on record)

TL;DR: I put a lot of thought into my posts. Please read them before responding, even if they seem long. I try to make my posts useful and worth the time.

Like NERVs? Try my new app! - My customs
Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:13 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

We discussed this at length behind the scenes, and decided that one nomination per post was the best official rule.

That being said, there is always some leeway with these types of things. We are reasonable people. If someone presents an Iskra-and-Rechets type pairing, where the two cards are inextricably connnected, I'd probably look at them together. If someone nominates two cards that are unrelated, or only share moderate synergy (like Bonding), I'd say to pick one for us to look at.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:15 AM
Fully Baked

krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker krysto2002 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by personwholives View Post
Well, nominating something like sonya and the retchets would obviously need to be both nominated at the same time, but in a way, that is only "one nomination", because taking one without the other is mostly pointless.... sonya isn't worth her points without the retchets, and the retchets can't enter the battlefield without sonya. If you choose not to induct sonya, the retchets would obviously also be left out, and if you chose not to induct the retchets, sonya wouldn't be balanced correctly.

The elementals, on the other hand, can stand alone, though they are better with Kurrok then without.

(btw: quoted you, now you can delete the post all you like, but I have it on record)
Don't you mean Iskra?
Although I disagree about her not being worth her points, I must say I entirely agree with your opinion that similarly related units be grouped together.
That being said, when you guys are done (no rush yet) I'd like to nominate Toraili the werewolf. I'll formally nominate it later when you guys don't have so much on your plate, but for now, just know I'd like to see it tested by you guys... after all, only the best. The unit is by Corzan and is a double sided card... now that's special.
Spoiler Alert!

Sometimes, you just have to start over.
Old December 22nd, 2010, 12:21 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

You can feel free to nominate Toraili whenever you want, but I can tell you right now I'll vote no when you do. Double-sided is cool for casual, but too far removed from official to fit in the SoV right now, imo.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs