Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old March 26th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Seeker of the Last Word

RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness RobertDD wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Simpson's AE Grenade Question Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizziii View Post
You can only attack creatures in line of sight (you must be able to see their hit areas). You cannot make attacks around corners.

Charles
Yeah, well, WotC also wrote to someone you can't fly out of water. I mean, the first part of that line that you bolded is obviously false (Grenade, Shotgun Blast) so why would the second part be right? Charles hasn't got the foggiest what he's talking about and I would not rely too much on what he wrote there.

Like I said: wait for the real ruling from our rule team. They tend to live up to a higher standard than WotC.

They are done! Version 1.00 is out: Books of HeroScape in pdf format
Old March 27th, 2009, 12:06 AM

Fizziii knows what's in an order marker Fizziii knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizziii View Post
You can only attack creatures in line of sight (you must be able to see their hit areas). You cannot make attacks around corners.

Charles
Yeah, well, WotC also wrote to someone you can't fly out of water. I mean, the first part of that line that you bolded is obviously false (Grenade, Shotgun Blast) so why would the second part be right? Charles hasn't got the foggiest what he's talking about and I would not rely too much on what he wrote there.

Like I said: wait for the real ruling from our rule team. They tend to live up to a higher standard than WotC.
I know. That's why I never posted it when it showed up and made sure to fill out the questionairre. The only reason I posted it is because of your comment that sent you diving for cover.
Old March 27th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Ok guys here it is:

Grenades 101

How to conduct the Lob
It has become painfully apparent that there are questions concerning Lob that cannot be answered easily. After much discussion and shifting position we realize that there cannot be a ruling on Lob without defining one concept that is unique to Lob, and that is “clear area”. Below is a walk through of the Grenade Lob procedure with an explanation that should clear away a lot of the ambiguities of Lob.

The steps
So you’re playing the game and you decide you want to use one of your Airborne Elite to Lob a Grenade at a figure.

1. Remove the Grenade Marker

2. See if the target figure is within Range
Count the hex spaces from the Airborne Elite to the target by using the most direct route, and ignoring any terrain (including overhangs) or obstacles of any kind. Just count the spaces (note that a figure directly above or below the Airborne would be considered at a range of 1 for this purpose). If the figure is within a range of 5 spaces, you may continue to step 3.

3. Check LOS
  • If the Airborne Elite can see the target, and the target is not directly above or below the Airborne Elite, continue to step 4.
  • If the Airborne Elite can see the target, and the target is directly above or below, but no more than 12 levels higher than the Airborne Elite's base, continue to step 5.
  • If the Airborne Elite cannot see the target because of intervening objects or terrain that are more than 12 levels higher than the Airborne Elite’s base, stop here. He cannot Lob to that target, otherwise continue to step 4.
4. Calculate your Clear Area
Clear Area is the path that the grenade must take to actually reach it’s target. To calculate Clear Area, count the spaces the grenade must travel to reach the target using the same method you would use to count the movement of a figure that has the Flying ability. If, in order to reach the target, the grenade passes onto any space that is higher than 12 levels above the Airborne Elite’s base, or if the amount of spaces traveled by the grenade is more than the spaces counted for Range in step 2, then there can be no Lob, otherwise continue to step 5.

5. Success!
If you've made it this far, then all of the above criteria have been met, the Lob is a go, and you may roll attack dice and continue to resolve the attack as usual.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's