Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old July 2nd, 2023, 03:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Iron Legion Drone - Vote for On Deck

I guess the question becomes whether we see faction tags as solely something that needs to have mechanical usefulness or if there are other uses for it (theme, flavor, nods to teams meant to place nice with each other, etc.).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 2nd, 2023, 04:21 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I've never read a single Iron Man comic and I know who Happy and Pepper are. I believe they both have Clix as well.

I agree that we wouldn't necessarily pay off that design space with them, but I don't see any need to limit it just to limit it either.

But I could also see a lot of just plain old Iron Man suits being in a Stark Industries faction too. Maybe I'm alone on that one?
yeah...you know MCU Pepper and Happy...which would likely be more Avengers things

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 2nd, 2023, 04:23 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
I guess the question becomes whether we see faction tags as solely something that needs to have mechanical usefulness or if there are other uses for it (theme, flavor, nods to teams meant to place nice with each other, etc.).
100% don't want Faction tags to only be mechanical things...

I'm just saying that with the designs mentioned, Stark Industries won't be used mechanically and anything that wants Tony Stark and is not an Avenger or power suit wearer, will be calling out Tony Stark and it won't be nearly as bad as other things that call out a name since we have a dozen tony Starks

Not against putting Stark Industries I was just pointing out earlier, the reason we went with Avengers was because the robots themselves have the Avengers symbol on them.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old July 2nd, 2023, 04:24 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If we are using the tag for game play synergy hooks, then it clearly has a game play impact and it's not just flavor text. If a faction has no synergy via the tag, then yeah that could then just be for non-game play related uses. Kind of hard to use it just as a not game play thing though, as eventually when someone wants to use the tag as an ability call out on a new card it suddenly ropes in people that shouldn't be there.
Old July 2nd, 2023, 04:28 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
If we are using the tag for game play synergy hooks, then it clearly has a game play impact and it's not just flavor text. If a faction has no synergy via the tag, then yeah that could then just be for non-game play related uses. Kind of hard to use it just as a not game play thing though, as eventually when someone wants to use the tag as an ability call out on a new card it suddenly ropes in people that shouldn't be there.
I don't think I'm understanding this comment. If they have the faction tag then they obviously should be there. Not sure how you are roping in folks that shouldn't be there?

Faction tags CAN BE a game play thing...they don't ALWAYS have to be. Young Justice faction tags are 1000% not functional mechanical things for instance.

Old July 2nd, 2023, 04:30 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
I've never read a single Iron Man comic and I know who Happy and Pepper are. I believe they both have Clix as well.

I agree that we wouldn't necessarily pay off that design space with them, but I don't see any need to limit it just to limit it either.

But I could also see a lot of just plain old Iron Man suits being in a Stark Industries faction too. Maybe I'm alone on that one?
yeah...you know MCU Pepper and Happy...which would likely be more Avengers things
I wouldn't put the MCU version of those characters in the Avengers, though.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't think I'm understanding this comment. If they have the faction tag then they obviously should be there. Not sure how you are roping in folks that shouldn't be there?

Faction tags CAN BE a game play thing...they don't ALWAYS have to be. Young Justice faction tags are 1000% not functional mechanical things for instance.
Totally on the same page.

I'm fine with Avengers or Stark Industries here. I think either option beats no faction, though, and I can understand the argument that these aren't actual Avengers per se, but since they're MCU versions they kind of sort of are and they clearly make sense within the faction.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 2nd, 2023, 04:48 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Stark Industries is an interesting faction tag idea.

How I see the synergy benefits of faction tags is that it represents a group of individuals that have become more than their individual parts through training, companionship, and experience. It's similar to a basketball team that has gone to training camp together, practiced with each other 3-4 times a week or months, and hang out together when not working vs a team of random players being thrown together that have never met. The random players might individually be better than their counterparts at each of the starting 5 positions, but the long term team knows where each other are going to be on the court at all times. The long term team knows what each other are thinking in a specific game situation, the long term team knows how to cover up for each other's weaknesses on defense and send help where needed. As such the long term team destroys the team of random individuals. Training, preparation, experience, and knowing each other leads to a confidence in each other that is hard to fake and thus is represented via team tag synergy.
So are you against Avengers and Justice League tag in general...because half the Avengers have never directly worked with each other...yet they are all avengers. They haven't trained together etc.
You are painting with a pretty broad brush here so I guess my response would be both yes and no. I've been on record saying I don't think the Great Lakes Avengers should be Avengers, and Justice League Dark shouldn't be Justice League. They are different enough teams from my point of view to have their own unique synergy.

When I made the WCA themed Hawkeye, I wanted him to be able to recruit his own team. Now in 2.0, he has the Avengers tag because he is a regular member of the Avengers proper, and can recruit someone like Mocking Bird out of SHIELD to help form the WCA. The WCA was a very early splitting of the Avengers team into two so they could better cover the US's two coasts (and to sell more comic books), so many of it's members would have shown up in both teams.

If you are talking about different era's of the same team members, then that falls into the 'what if' or 'alternate reality' realm our entire game is based upon. We get to create new stories with our game play, during which two Avengers who may have never appeared in the same comic as each other but were both Avengers for years can be teamed up and it's plausible they would mesh well. Someone who played football in the West Coast Offense under Mike Holmgren for the Packers and another for the Seahawks would conceivable both know where each other are going to be on the field for a given play even though they never played together before. Their background, experience, and training were similar enough they can adapt to each other pretty quickly.
Old July 2nd, 2023, 04:55 PM
C3G Landlord

Quote:
Quote:

Well, just recently we had some people wanting Doc Ock & Batroc the Leaper to have a MoE tag, while others didn't think they belonged. Flavor and sorting decisions can cast a broader net than others are comfortable with. I was happy to have them if they belonged, but I wasn't familiar enough with their history with the MoE to say whether or not they belonged and deferred to others. Luckily Zemo is a recruiter, so I can just recruit those two if I want to play them with him, even if they are from a different era.
Old July 2nd, 2023, 05:04 PM

Seems like in the MCU they're basically members of the Avengers and LP made a good point on Discord that Tony is likely to have both personal drones and Avengers drones, with this being the latter, so I'll go yea for On Deck here with them as Avengers.

Old July 8th, 2023, 05:08 PM
A Man of Taste

Down to @Yodaking here

Old July 8th, 2023, 11:51 PM
C3G Landlord

You can call on time whenever. Abstain
Old July 9th, 2023, 10:24 AM
A Man of Taste

With On deck votes not really impacting anything moving forward I, personally as a rule, don’t plan on passing things on time unless extreme circumstances.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database