Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old October 25th, 2011, 08:57 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation
Beyond Gencon: Masters Invitational Tourney

Gencon, of course, is the unofficial world championship of Heroscape, but not every great player in every region is able to make it out to compete. I gather that many folks can't afford the trip, but also that the timing of Gencon is not always ideal.

I wonder if there's a way to get around those limitations. If we were first able to identify the best regional players, we could discuss times during the year that would be optimal for them to attend. Beyond that, maybe some of us Heroscape enthusiasts would be able to pool money for their travel and lodging costs.

I know I'm veering close to suggesting Heroscape prize-fights, but I don't want to go that far. So far, Heroscape has kept big prizes like that out of the picture, and that's probably for the best-- it keeps the game friendly. But I figure it wouldn't corrupt the game to merely ease the hassle of making it to such an event for great players.

Anyway, I'm just throwing the idea out there for discussion. What does everybody think about something like that?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events