Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 15th, 2015, 05:21 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
I don't know Arcade, but the Reprograming Tornado posted looks a lot more fun.
I do like the theme of dropping an X OM on their card; it's a clever power, for sure. But it's also a lockdown power, and I usually prefer that sort of thing to have some room for failure and not be a sure bet. A little bit of it is okay (Heinrich Zemo comes to mind), but it's not something I'd like to see replicated any too widely. Like I said, no strong preference, but if I had to pick one, I'd go for the d20 version of the power.

On the two versions just posted, I don't have any immediate thoughts. I'll have to sleep on it and get back to you.
Well, it is a lockdown power, but it's not like it's going to be that powerful - it requires adjacency from a figure with survivability that's hardly reliable, offensive potential that's situational, and that's probably best kept at the back, and it only works on Androids, Cyborgs and AIs - not a lot of people. I can't see it being overpowered.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I'm not worried about it being overpowered. It would make Arcade a little more pricey, but it's not a big stumbling block to balance. I'm just not convinced it would be too fun to play against. If Arcade drops that X on a figure with your OM, that's a guaranteed OM loss, unless you have a means of removing said OM. And Arcade gets a free turn, too, on Androids. That kind of thing can be very frustrating.

Quote:
This Game Isn't Over, however, is right now - that's a 40% chance of killing any Android whenever Arcade would be destroyed. Imagine getting something like that on someone like Vision.
That's a solid point - I wonder if it should have a clause like "subtract the chosen figure's Life number from your roll". That could let him have a decent shot at squaddies and riff-raff without being too strong against Android Heroes.
Old April 15th, 2015, 08:10 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Quote:
I don't know Arcade, but the Reprograming Tornado posted looks a lot more fun.
I do like the theme of dropping an X OM on their card; it's a clever power, for sure. But it's also a lockdown power, and I usually prefer that sort of thing to have some room for failure and not be a sure bet. A little bit of it is okay (Heinrich Zemo comes to mind), but it's not something I'd like to see replicated any too widely. Like I said, no strong preference, but if I had to pick one, I'd go for the d20 version of the power.

On the two versions just posted, I don't have any immediate thoughts. I'll have to sleep on it and get back to you.
Well, it is a lockdown power, but it's not like it's going to be that powerful - it requires adjacency from a figure with survivability that's hardly reliable, offensive potential that's situational, and that's probably best kept at the back, and it only works on Androids, Cyborgs and AIs - not a lot of people. I can't see it being overpowered.

This Game Isn't Over, however, is right now - that's a 40% chance of killing any Android whenever Arcade would be destroyed. Imagine getting something like that on someone like Vision.
That's my fault. I missed a clause there. It is supposed to read "android that you control". It's fixed now.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old April 25th, 2015, 05:11 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

I saw Sersi and thought that Matter Manipulation would be a good power for Firestorm. I don't know much about the character, so if this write up isn't quite on point, I blame my lack of exposure.

NAME = FIRESTORM
SECRET IDENTITY = RONNIE RAYMOND

SPECIES = METAUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY =

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 450

MATTER MANIPULATION 5
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Firestorm, you may roll 5 combat dice. For each shield rolled, place a Wound Marker on or remove a Wound Marker from the Army Card of a figure within 4 clear sight spaces of Firestorm.

FIRESTORM SPECIAL ATTACK
Range Special. Attack 3 + Special.
When attacking with this special attack, you may roll up to X additional dice, where X is equal to Firestorm's remaining Life. All figures within 3 spaces of Firestorm are affected by this special attack. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Figures with the Lava Resistant special power are not affected by this special attack. After attacking with this special attack, roll one unblockable attack die against Firestorm for each additional die rolled. Firestorm Special Attack may only be used once per round.

ENERGY TRANSMUTATION
When Firestorm defends against an adjacent attack, you may remove a Wound Marker from this card if he has any excess shields.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 25th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

There's actually a Firestorm write up in voting this round from Japes.
Old April 25th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!

Sweet! I'm gonna go check that out!

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old April 25th, 2015, 06:30 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I know he is drafted, and is likely coming down the pipeline, but I figured I'd throw out my design for Cosmo, a personal favorite.

NAME = Cosmo

SPECIES = Kanine
UNIQUENESS = Unique Hero
CLASS = Telepath
PERSONALITY = ???
SIZE/HEIGHT = Medium 5

LIFE = 6
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = ???

TELEKINETIC BLAST
Once per round, instead of attacking, Cosmo may use Telekinetic Blast. All
figures within 2 spaces of Cosmo may be placed on any empty space within 2 spaces of their original placement. Figures moved by Telekinetic Blast never take any leaving engagement attacks.

TELEPATHIC MANIPULATION
When an opponent reveals an Order Marker on a card that has at least one figure within 4 spaces of Cosmo, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, the opponent's turn immediately ends. Additionally, you may reveal the "X" Order Marker on this card. Take temporary control of that hero and immediately take a turn with the chosen Hero. At the end of the turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before the Telepathic Manipulation. All Order Markers that were on the chosen Hero's card will stay on the card.

PSIONIC SHIELD
An opponent may never take temporary or permanent control of Cosmo or any figure you control that is adjacent to Cosmo.
Old April 25th, 2015, 06:47 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Not bad! A little too powerful maybe, but a solid start. I have a write-up somewhere, I focused more on the "head of Knowhere's security team" aspect on mine.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 25th, 2015, 07:09 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollBrute View Post
Not bad! A little too powerful maybe, but a solid start. I have a write-up somewhere, I focused more on the "head of Knowhere's security team" aspect on mine.
It's always tough on the "too powerful" front, for me at least. Because he has these powers, he excels at them in comparison to his peers, so it's tough to think of ways to use them and represent them, but make him weaker for the sake of point value. I tried here, with the once per round on the 1st power, 13 and the revealing of the X for the 2nd part of the 2nd power(just to take 1 turn with an opponent's figure), and his 3rd power I feel is essential.

Attack wise and offense wise, he isn't really a threat. So I feel this design captures a pretty support heavy character. He can disrupt pods once per round. He can negate turns from opponents who start them within range, and once per round take a turn with them if successful. And lastly he can keep his allies from getting controlled, as long as he is adjacent. Probably looking at around 190?
Old April 25th, 2015, 07:15 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Well, Telepathic Manipulation blows away Diablo's Sleep Potion 14 or Spider-Girl's Bio-Magnetic Field 12. They're both 140, but you could easily argue that Diablo is worth more, and Spider-Girl is, at the very least, great for her cost. The problem is adding another, similar, power on top of those two. With Diablo+Cosmo, your opponent would almost never get to take another turn. Add John Stewart to move them into place and for offensive support, and you're looking at a crazy army.

6 Life/5 Defense makes Cosmo super hard to KO on top of that. I mean, he's just a dog in a space suit, how come his Life is 50% higher than a standard Human? 4 Attack's also nothing to sneeze at (Enchantress, Cap, and Star-Lord also make it better), and his other two powers aren't broken, but they're very useful as well.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old April 25th, 2015, 07:26 PM

The idea of a Life of 6 was that he has lived for so many years. The 5 Defense is due to him being able to telepathically/telekineticly defense in a force field sort of manner. The attack is the same type of mindset.

However, his stats, IMO, are the hardest part to nail down. If you said "let's make his Life 4, Attack 3, and Defense 4", I wouldn't argue it.

His powers on the other hand, I feel are essential to the design. I think the 3 represent the most important qualities/abilities he has. The die rolls and whatnot can be debated. However, swapping out 1 in favor of a teamwork/leader esq. ability, could also work.
Old April 25th, 2015, 07:43 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
I saw Sersi and thought that Matter Manipulation would be a good power for Firestorm. I don't know much about the character, so if this write up isn't quite on point, I blame my lack of exposure.
That power is actually what gave me the inspiration for the Firestorm write-up I came up with.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 25th, 2015, 07:53 PM
Never Forgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
That power is actually what gave me the inspiration for the Firestorm write-up I came up with.
Then it looks like we're on the same wave length!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy