Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old February 13th, 2023, 12:21 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Wargrounds of Scape (WoS) - discussion thread

Can we please get a non-judge post-BoV map inducted?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by superfrog; February 13th, 2023 at 12:25 PM. Reason: :P -- congrats Flash as always, and an early congrats to Ulysses.
Old February 13th, 2023, 12:28 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

Thanks in advance.
I believe one is percolating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old February 13th, 2023, 02:01 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd like to nominate Shaolin Monastery by @Sheep .

I've played on this map multiple times, and enjoy the avenues for development that it provides within a relatively compact footprint and unique tileset. I also love the map's aesthetics and strong theme.

The map has been used in at least two competitive tournaments that I'm aware of:
Louisville: https://www.heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=59593

Eastern OH NHSD: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53653

The PDF build instructions can be found HERE.

As this is my first WoS nomination, please let me know if there is any other information that I need to provide and I'd be happy to do so.

Last edited by Captain Stupendous; February 13th, 2023 at 04:05 PM.
Old February 13th, 2023, 02:45 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Percolator by Ulysses.

I'll just add a few things that I noticed in my games.
  • The start zones are super clear, and they're somewhat unique as far as RotV start zones go, the opposing sand/rock configuration is one of my favorites.
  • Speaking of start zones, the right side of the start zone (together with the placement of the jungle tree) is configured to encourage movement toward the center.
  • The open-ness of the center is very nice. There's 44 level 3 hexes, and part of me wanted more level 4, or to move some level 4 more inward, but anything cutting off that center flow would be unhelpful (hence the double small ruin).

Overall a very polished map with such limited terrain. I'll join my fellow judges in voting to induct.
Old February 13th, 2023, 02:45 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Having played on it at Louisville, I will say that we only used half the side of the map due to glyphs. If you have something that's slightly unbalanced it really pulls hard to one side because of how wide it is. For reference, when we used it I had put on valda and Dagmar/ulvania. Overall, it just felt too wide to me during the match. I do like the concept and I like how the fight around the glyph goes, but part of the map just gets neglected.
Old February 13th, 2023, 03:55 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I also put Dagmar and Valda on Percolator at the Colorado event. I didn't see the other games, but in mine we definitely favored the Valda side a little more than the Dagmar one. I agree you'll want well-balanced glyphs for this one. Although the center of the map is so good I suspect many matchups will still see play spread across the map, especially if both glyphs are weaker.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old February 13th, 2023, 03:58 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
I'd like to nominate Shaolin Monastery by @Sheep .

I've played on this map multiple times, and enjoy the avenues for development that it provides within a relatively compact footprint and unique tileset. I also love the map's aesthetics and strong theme.

The map has been used in at least two competitive tournaments that I'm aware of:
Louisville: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=59593

Eastern OH NHSD: https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=53653

The PDF build instructions can be found HERE.

As this is my first WoS nomination, please let me know if there is any other information that I need to provide and I'd be happy to do so.
Appreciate your support for the map, Captain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
I also put Dagmar and Valda on Percolator at the Colorado event. I didn't see the other games, but in mine we definitely favored the Valda side a little more than the Dagmar one. I agree you'll want well-balanced glyphs for this one. Although the center of the map is so good I suspect many matchups will still see play spread across the map, especially if both glyphs are weaker.
He was referring to Shaolin.
Old February 13th, 2023, 04:06 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
Quote:

--
--
--

--
Old February 13th, 2023, 04:09 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
Quote:
Yeah both of our messages sent at the same time. I quite like Perculator myself. I would say it's one of the few maps I would leave up all the time. Actually. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would just looking at it
Old February 13th, 2023, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
I quite like Perculator myself. I would say it's one of the few maps I would leave up all the time. Actually. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would just looking at it
That's exactly what I thought as well. It looks a little boring but it plays really great. I'm glad to see it getting inducted into WoS.

--
--
--

--
Old February 13th, 2023, 05:43 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Gotta keep you guys busy. Had a few maps sitting for a while...bout time I threw them in the ring. Officially submitting these 3 maps through the WoS Gauntlet...

Dralli

Used in:
MARS November
UT November
Peoria November

MidSummer

Used in:
UT November
MO Seasonal Jan

Eyohi

Used in:
Peoria Jan
OHS Season 47

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 13th, 2023, 05:57 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

Thanks in advance.
Aside from that...also significant that 100% of inductees (so far) have ALL been part of a GenCon/ScapeCon pool.

In a way, kinda makes sense since the maps there are supposed to be some of the best AND they do get the most play from the widest array of formats and players...but still...interesting how that's panned out in the voting/judging ...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios