Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old September 17th, 2015, 03:45 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Online Season 22 - Reverse Draft -- CONGRATS DOK!

Online Heroscape Season 22

WINNERS REPORT GAMES HERE!
Spoiler Alert!

This is a 2015 End of Year Championship qualifying event.
Games are played using the online Heroscape interface. Links to how-to-play videos below:
Spoiler Alert!
Using an online voice chat utility, such as Skype or Google Hangouts, improves the playing experience considerably.

Format: Reverse Draft
  • Each player submits one army of between 400 and 600 points, and between 7 and 20 figures. Army submissions may have more than 20 figures, but no more than 20 can be placed at the start of the game. VC Allowed, no Marvel. Standard 24-hex startzone restrictions apply when placing your army.
  • There is a dice-off at the beginning of the game. The winner of the dice-off chooses whether to make the first army selection, or defer the opening choice to their opponent.
  • For the opening army selection, a player selects one of the two armies to play (their army or their opponent's army). They may also state that they intend to sit (leave out) specific figures from that army. Figures left out are not part of the army for that game.
  • The player who did not make the bid has two choices:
    1. Let their opponent play the chosen army, and take the other army.
    2. Make a counter-offer for the chosen army. The new offer must sit enough figures to make the partial card point total lower than the offer that came before.
  • Continue the counter-offer process until one player decides to take the other army (with all figures available) instead of making a counter-offer on the bidded army.

Example Reverse Draft:
Spoiler Alert!

The regular season will last four weeks, with one game each week. After the regular season ends there will be a single elimination bracket for the top finishers.

Maps:
Spoiler Alert!

TG Pool:
Spoiler Alert!

Event Details and Rules:
Spoiler Alert!

Players in the event:
  1. Arrow Grut
  2. Chris Perkins
  3. Crixus33
  4. dok
  5. Dysole
  6. jcustar07
  7. kevindola
  8. Kinseth
  9. MegaSilver
  10. Mew28
  11. mtl1998
  12. Roballtogether
  13. Smithy Winfred
  14. Soundwarp SG-1
  15. Taeblewalker
  16. Tom_Bombadil_
  17. twigleg2
  18. vegies dad
  19. vegietarian18
  20. William099

Last edited by Dysole; November 10th, 2015 at 01:00 AM.
Old September 17th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Online Season 22 - Reverse Draft (Signups Until 9/27)

Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't see the Zettian Infantry, the Zettian Guards or the Zombies of Moridan on the lists
Old September 17th, 2015, 04:46 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Zanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithy Winfred View Post
Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't see the Zettian Infantry, the Zettian Guards or the Zombies of Moridan on the lists
Corrected. There was some miscommunication between the code we have to set this up and the google forms and it cut off everything after Wolves of Badru alphabetically. I'm not sure exactly what happened but a work around was implemented and it should be good to go.

~Dysole, appreciatively
Old September 20th, 2015, 02:21 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

This sounds super confusing. What's the incentive as the second player to bid. Almost seems convoluted enough that i'd just want to skip it and go straight to playing. Furthermore it seems like winning the dice off is more of a bane than a boon as the other player can force you to play under the point total.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old September 20th, 2015, 03:29 AM

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
This sounds super confusing. What's the incentive as the second player to bid. Almost seems convoluted enough that i'd just want to skip it and go straight to playing. Furthermore it seems like winning the dice off is more of a bane than a boon as the other player can force you to play under the point total.
If I've brought Drudge and you've brought Stingers and my opening bid is "Eh, I'll play a Stinger light.", if you don't bid lower you're going to have to beat Stingers with Drudge.

As to the diceoff, well it all depends on the armies. In some situations, playing under the point total is not a bad thing. I'll take 2 squads of 4th Mass against about 5 squads of Groks. The goal is to end up with a balanced matchup. In some matchups, winning the diceoff will give you an advantage and in some it won't.

~Dysole, hopefully clarifying
Old September 20th, 2015, 03:31 AM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hmm I see. So as far as building my own army goes what level/grade of units should I focus on?

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old September 20th, 2015, 03:33 AM

Honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Hmm I see. So as far as building my own army goes what level/grade of units should I focus on?
What's more important is that it's breakdownable (i.e. something with a lot of high point heroes could struggle unless they're all bad so you'll be dissecting the other guys' army). You can pretty comfortably submit just about any level of units.

~Dysole, helpfully
Old September 20th, 2015, 03:35 AM
the above

Aha. Okey dokey!

Customs here
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old September 22nd, 2015, 08:22 AM

jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby! jcustar07 rolls all skulls baby!

Is there a space limit for armies?

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!
Old September 22nd, 2015, 10:37 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm a goof.

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.

Last edited by Arrow Grut; September 22nd, 2015 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Kev always keeping me honest
Old September 22nd, 2015, 11:50 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Standard 24-space startzone rules will apply. No extra hexes.
Old September 23rd, 2015, 12:20 AM

General J is surprisingly tart

So let me get this straight,

I make an army 400-600,
opponent makes an army 400-600.

We die roll, highest # wins.

Winner gets to either choose:
Picking their own army
Picking their opponent's army.

The opponent can then offer; "I will trade you armies under the condition that I sit out x many of x units."

Then I can either say "Yes, that's good, let the game begin." or "No, offer up more." until both parties are satisfied / ready?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events