Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old October 21st, 2014, 06:49 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
DFW Star Wars 'Scape Project - New Cards 11/2

DFW Star Wars 'Scape

For the last 3 years, the local DFW crew have been working on our own brand of custom Star Wars cards for Heroscape. When we started this endeavor, the HoSS was well established. We realized that they have been in a ton of work (more so than us), but they were making cards with a different goal. We wanted our Star Wars figures fit mesh in more directly with classic 'Scape figures. As such, powers were created specifically to tie into classic abilities, personalities and traits were kept consistent, etc. etc.

We've gotten to the point where we might as well share our progress on some of the more complete figures. So here are the first few figures we want to release.

Update 11/2

Here's another batch cards from our New Hope cards. I thought I'd roll out some Empire cards to let you know what direction we were heading there. Vader was one of the first cards we worked on and went though many revisions. He's been a favorite of many of the playtesters. Tarkin is cool, but there was some serious debate about making him a cheerleader. His power ended up working really well and exemplifies our goal of working well with classic scape. He fits in really well in classic competitive armies.

Chewie and the Jawas might be our two most revised cards in the entire project. Their folders are full of variations cards. Many debates were had over Chewie's speed and stats, etc. For awhile his bowcaster was a special attack, then we decided to make it normal and boost his melee. He had all kinds of variations to the card you see below. The Jawas had the most drastic changes. They were very tricky to get right and we experimented with a wide range of power combinations on them. In my opinion, the result is a very unique and thematic squad. When you play against them they are just annoying little buggers.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy.

HAN SOLO
HAN SOLO by jason_jullie, on Flickr

LEIA ORGANA
LEIA ORGANA by jason_jullie, on Flickr

LUKE SKYWALKER
LUKE SKYWALKER NH by jason_jullie, on Flickr

GREEDO
GREEDO3 by jason_jullie, on Flickr

DARTH VADER4 by jason_jullie, on Flickr

GRAND MOFF TARKIN3 by jason_jullie, on Flickr

CHEWBACCA7 by jason_jullie, on Flickr

JAWAS7 by jason_jullie, on Flickr

We've got tons more, but I figured we'd roll them out in a gradual fashion. Be sure to let us know your thoughts.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Last edited by Dignan; November 2nd, 2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old October 21st, 2014, 07:00 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!
Re: DFW Star Wars 'Scape Project

Awesome! I like how your group matched them up with 'Scape generals.

I however think Hans class should be Smuggler. It relates more to what he does as a character, IMO (though I'm not a Star Wars geek ).
Old October 21st, 2014, 07:14 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I always like movie quotes for the power names.
Old October 21st, 2014, 07:51 PM

Lesur is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post

I however think Hans class should be Smuggler. It relates more to what he does as a character, IMO (though I'm not a Star Wars geek ).
I agree. Han was a smuggler for Jabba for most of his life. Also, will there be different types (Raelin RotV, Raelin SotM = Luke Skywalker Boy, Luke Skywalker Jedi) where there are several cards for the same character but only one can be chosen. And could we please have a list (even if it's just the character names and not the cards). Chewie bonding with Han would be really cool and a Luke - Leia sibling bond (if you do card variants) would also be pretty cool.

I am a supporter of Star Wars, HeroScape, Age of Mythology and Ninja Ponies. Don't judge my good taste.
Support the Sasquatch Militia. We are looking for people like YOU!
Old October 21st, 2014, 08:12 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Very nice! Greedo is perfect. I'm not a fan of Leia being endgame filler, though.
Old October 22nd, 2014, 09:00 AM

CronArmy is surprisingly tart

I absolutely love Leia's Diplomatic Mission power. It would be incredibly useful in those situations where you aren't for sure if a wounded figure is going to be able to live through an attack or not. And since you've set her up as an end game figure, you'll get this flexibility the entire match. Very cool!
Old October 22nd, 2014, 06:59 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
Thanks. Here is out methodology for general alignment.

Rebels: Jandar
Empire: Utgar
Mercs/Droids: Vydar
Old Republic: Einar
Separatist/Sith: Valkryl
Ewoks/Wookies/Various: Ullar
Various: Aquilla

That was our general way of thinking when we were working through the figures. Some figures fell in multiple categories and we had to make a call on which one worked out best.

Quote:
You're probably right. That makes more sense as a "class".

Quote:
Also, will there be different types (Raelin RotV, Raelin SotM = Luke Skywalker Boy, Luke Skywalker Jedi) where there are several cards for the same character but only one can be chosen.
Yep, several characters have multiple cards. Luke has three (NH, ESB, RotJ), Obi has 2, yoda has 2, etc. Same rules apply, you can only field one like Raelin.

Quote:
And could we please have a list (even if it's just the character names and not the cards).
Sure, I'll work on a list and get it posted some time this weekend.

Quote:
Chewie bonding with Han would be really cool and a Luke - Leia sibling bond (if you do card variants) would also be pretty cool.
I'll get the Chewie card posted soon...

Quote:
I'm not a fan of Leia being endgame filler, though.
This was a huge point of contention in our design and playtesting (probably the biggest argument we had @R˙chean). This Leia was trying to incorporate a new form of cheerleader and show how she really helps out when things are desperate. The RotJ Leia is a little more "fighty".

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 2nd, 2014, 09:26 AM

Here's another batch cards from our New Hope cards. I thought I'd roll out some Empire cards to let you know what direction we were heading there. Vader was one of the first cards we worked on and went though many revisions. He's been a favorite of many of the playtesters. Tarkin is cool, but there was some serious debate about making him a cheerleader. His power ended up working really well and exemplifies our goal of working well with classic scape. He fits in really well in classic competitive armies.

Chewie and the Jawas might be our two most revised cards in the entire project. Their folders are full of variations cards. Many debates were had over Chewie's speed and stats, etc. For awhile his bowcaster was a special attack, then we decided to make it normal and boost his melee. He had all kinds of variations to the card you see below. The Jawas had the most drastic changes. They were very tricky to get right and we experimented with a wide range of power combinations on them. In my opinion, the result is a very unique and thematic squad. When you play against them they are just annoying little buggers.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy.

DARTH VADER4 by jason_jullie, on Flickr

GRAND MOFF TARKIN3 by jason_jullie, on Flickr

CHEWBACCA7 by jason_jullie, on Flickr

JAWAS7 by jason_jullie, on Flickr

Old November 9th, 2014, 02:40 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: DFW Star Wars 'Scape Project - New Cards 11/2

I'm glad to see that your are rolling these out. We have worked on these for quite awhile now. Thanks!

What's next? Sandpeople and Banthas?

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old November 25th, 2014, 01:27 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I like these, thanks for sharing, guys.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 25th, 2020, 02:31 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Did y'all ever make more of these @Dignan @R˙chean?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 25th, 2020, 10:56 AM

Yeah, we actually made a ton of these. We just haven't finished testing all of them. We got off track. I need to make the cards up for where we were and just post them.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards