Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 3rd, 2022, 09:45 PM

Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby! Finrod rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape 2nd Edition is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Am I the only one freaking out at the thought that this might not get funded? I’m dreaming up ways to form sleeper cells of friends ready to buy 5 copies if we still have not reached 8k backers by the deadline.
No, you're not. At this point, it's highly unlikely to get funded, barring some major changes in either interest or the campaign itself (and I don't think I've ever seen Hasbro change a campaign in the middle).
Old October 3rd, 2022, 10:37 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
Am I the only one freaking out at the thought that this might not get funded? I’m dreaming up ways to form sleeper cells of friends ready to buy 5 copies if we still have not reached 8k backers by the deadline.
No, you're not. At this point, it's highly unlikely to get funded, barring some major changes in either interest or the campaign itself (and I don't think I've ever seen Hasbro change a campaign in the middle).
No, they don't change them much. I have seen some minor tweaks, like the unmasked head for the Ghost Rider set, but nothing drastic. They extended the goal for Unicron because they were going to miss it, but that was an early campaign and they said they won't do that again. They changed the color of the HeroQuest minis partway through that campaign, but that may have been planned from the beginning.

Edit: More Haslab info - They missed the goal for the Rancor by around 600 units and didn't produce it. They are serious about the minimum number of backers. They also missed the last two stretch goals for HeroQuest but included them anyway. Speculation is they had already paid the quest designer and didn't have another way to market the material.

The thing they could change right now for HeroScape is the presentation. There is almost no attention to the tiles and that is a big draw for new players. We don't even know how many of what shape tiles we are getting, and new players might not even understand that it comes with terrain.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 10:39 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Dude, its a little early to be giving up. This is not a normal campaign, and will not follow the usual funding parameters.

And cheer up; the next wave of C3V won't cost you anything.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 10:45 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Yeah, but will it be painted???
Old October 3rd, 2022, 10:53 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Yeah, but will it be painted???
Maybe, maybe not. There's a good chance that the minis alone will run you more than $250, unless you got them when we announced them. And, you know, I hope your terrain isn't getting brittle. Or you didn't want jungle. And walls. And a master's set worth of base terrain.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 3rd, 2022, 11:05 PM
Online HS Season 6 Champion

TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheSparkleInYourWater is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Maybe, maybe not. There's a good chance that the minis alone will run you more than $250, unless you got them when we announced them. And, you know, I hope your terrain isn't getting brittle. Or you didn't want jungle. And walls. And a master's set worth of base terrain.

Was this issue addressed for the new terrain that is being produced?

Will they be using a different type of plastic for the new terrain?
Old October 3rd, 2022, 11:09 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I've seen Encarmine say on the Discord that the new minis will be "injected," or something. I don't remember the term. It was the good thing, and not the bad thing. And I don't know what that means for terrain.

I just know that the universe of Heroscape is losing terrain, one shattered water tile and one broken 7 hexer at a time, and that the value of new terrain being introduced into the hobby is *significant*. Both for new people and for people who don't have so much terrain that it's become disposable.

Which is why I put it like that.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 3rd, 2022, 11:24 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
And, you know, I hope your terrain isn't getting brittle.
I've noticed my lava field tiles are quite brittle, the red plastic seems different than the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 11:26 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vydar_XLIII View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brak88 View Post
Dund deserves a 2.0.......maybe........
Hear me out...! CARR RIDING DÜND!
But does Dund have a license to drive a CARR?
That would only matter for Dund riding Carr.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 11:38 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
- Hurray! Heroscape is back! Uh... oh, well, maybe?
- Uh... not painted, what~!? ... oh. ... ok I am way out of the loop.
- Hurray! Pirate stuff 100% yay. And some flying squirrels and ****, yes 100%. And tree-ish guys, ok cool, uh but they look evil, um hmm. And, uh... most of it is sci fi / horror monster dudes, jeez. And uh... no historicals at all, what? (research) uh... because reasons... ummmmm.
- Hurray! Terrain! Well, walls I guess. Are they strong? Me castles are hella strong. And jungle trees, well, ok cool, reprints would be cool for others, I guess. I have them.
- Hurray! Crowdfunding! Buy 2 keep 1? Uh-oh... haslab, what ... is... this... ? Ah, I see... so Hasbro saves 10% on fees and gives up XX% on lack of exposure? Monopolies suck but both Kickstarter and Hasbro are...
- Hurray, I'm back in my account. It took a month or something, beats me.

- Disclaimer: I am many years out of the loop.
- Conclusion: Heroscape is one of the best games ever, as you all know, but I am ambivalent at best about this and I haven't really even thought about it a huge amount yet.
Ye gods, so funny. WELCOME BACK.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 11:50 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Paging Chameleon! Is Chameleon in the house? We need Chameleon to buy 42 sets and store them in a huge stack in his basement.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old October 3rd, 2022, 11:55 PM

Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness Master Roshi wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I've seen Encarmine say on the Discord that the new minis will be "injected," or something. I don't remember the term. It was the good thing, and not the bad thing. And I don't know what that means for terrain.

I just know that the universe of Heroscape is losing terrain, one shattered water tile and one broken 7 hexer at a time, and that the value of new terrain being introduced into the hobby is *significant*. Both for new people and for people who don't have so much terrain that it's become disposable.

Which is why I put it like that.
100%

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion