Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 7th, 2006, 03:26 PM

darkmooninc has disabled reputation
Printing the Cards

I have looked through a dozen guides on how to create the card and design the characters. But no one seems to explain what's the best way to print the cards out. Is it viable to get cardstock that is indistinguishable from the normal HS cardstock? Any one have some knowledge in this area? I am hesitant to use paper if I know I can get the cards to look like authentic HS.
Old December 7th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker
depends if you want old HS cardstock or new. New, your looking at about 140lb stock, and old about 180.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old December 7th, 2006, 08:28 PM

Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Raudulfr Shieldcrusher is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I use heavy-weight matte paper.

Gerting them to look like the originals will be tough. The cards are press-printed on coated stock. You can't really get the same look and feel on an ink-jet. You can get close, sorta.
Old December 8th, 2006, 12:40 AM

Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker Skeletor knows what's in an order marker
Funny you started this thread my roommate works for a repographics company and he just handed me the prints for the customs I made and they look almost identicle to the heroscape cards.

Hold on I'll ask his secrete

He recommends 100lb cover stock and you can it at a paper supply store Like "Kelly paper"

lighter weight stock recomend for a consumer printer

When you make these images you need to give yourself a little over lay because if you print it close to the edge it is really hard to make a precise cut.

Kind of like when they print out stickers

IN photoshop

1.) first crop the the image using the the crop tool in a square box. Adjust edges and apply the crop

2.)go to image-> size and make it 4.95 inches width and change the resolution or dpi to 300

3.) view-> fit to screen

4.)select-> all

4.)edit->copy merged

Now you need to make a template other wise your size will get all funky (His words I am typing this with him over my shoulder)

5.)file-> New
make it 8.5 x 11 inches and resolution must stay 300 pixels/in

6.) view show rulers bring in guides 1.75in of an inch on the right and left side. To do this click on the ruler on the left and it should bring some blue vertical lines with it. should have lines at 1 and 3/4 in and 6 and 3/4inch

7.) make guides 1/4 inch on the top and the bottom

8.)go edit-paste

9.)then fit image inside your guides

You should have some thing that looks like this

8.)now if you want you can put one on the bottom lined up with that guide and do 2 at a time

9.) repeat for the backs but he recommends making the backs a little bigger

If you have a good printer that doesn't scew the paper when you load it the images should line up when you print the back side.

good luck I don't know if this helps but this is how he made them and they look awesome.
Old December 8th, 2006, 12:51 AM

Sev_ has disabled reputation
If you don't have a good printer or it isn't working, just go to Kinko's, Office Depot or Office Max.
Old December 8th, 2006, 01:03 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev_
If you don't have a good printer or it isn't working, just go to Kinko's...
Kinkos has a program you can install so you can print your stuff from home and go pick it up later.
Old December 10th, 2006, 10:16 AM

ikkyu142 has disabled reputation
Skeletor,
Tell your friend thanks the trick worked great for my home printer. I used photo paper for my cards and it works well.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards