Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database
C3G2.0 Dossier Database Database of all released designs in C3G 2.0

Old December 17th, 2023, 03:18 PM
See the Book of Sporx for updates.

Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner)

Prerelease: As worded, it doesn’t look like Nightcrawler can use both En Garde and Bamf together. Is that the intent? Am I misreading something rules wise?

EG replaces move through attack phases with “a move action” that allows 2 attacks during “this” move action. However, Bamf must be used “instead of his move action,” to allow teleporting. It reads like he gets one or the other. In other words, “this” 2 attack move action is replaced/gone if he bamfs.

As I read it, you either make 2 attacks “on the ground” with EG, or 3 Bamfs sometime in the activation, with one attack (potential -1 Defense) in the attack phase of that activation.

Maybe the thing confusing me is the -1 Defense sentence about Bamfing in En Garde.
Old December 17th, 2023, 03:37 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

EG trades the move through attack phases for a single move action + 2 normal attacks. You can then use that move action for a normal move action, or trade it away to use Bamf! If you opt to use Bamp!, then defenders attacked after using Bamf! have their defense reduced by 1.
Old December 17th, 2023, 04:22 PM

Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sporx wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Thanks for the intent clarification! I think the “this” and “instead of” wordings don’t lead to that reading, unfortunately. If that is the intent, we should re-word slightly. I don’t have a suggestion this second, but will rewrite when I have a chance, unless someone beats me to it.
Old December 24th, 2023, 12:56 AM

Prerelease: unresolved discussion in [Book of] Blob re: Nightcrawler Bamfing Large figures to be a Blob counter.
Old December 24th, 2023, 09:06 PM

Following up on my note above, I think the “instead of” phrase is the problem. Suggestion:

BAMF!
AS his move action, you may BAMF! up to 3 times at any point during Nightcrawler's activation. When you BAMF!, you may choose an adjacent Small or Medium figure. If it is an enemy, it cannot be chosen more than once per activation. To BAMF!, place Nightcrawler within 3 spaces, then you may place the chosen figure adjacent to Nightcrawler. BAMF! placement is unstoppable.

This way En Garde’s 2 attack move action is the BAMF!, not a “something else” that isn’t a move action.

Also, should En Garde be listed first, because it replaces the move phase entirely, which decision point precedes any move action or BAMF!?
Old December 25th, 2023, 01:16 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

If someone could remember to tag me on this one when everything is straightened out I'd appreciate it.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old December 28th, 2023, 05:38 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporx View Post
Following up on my note above, I think the “instead of” phrase is the problem. Suggestion:

BAMF!
AS his move action, you may BAMF! up to 3 times at any point during Nightcrawler's activation. When you BAMF!, you may choose an adjacent Small or Medium figure. If it is an enemy, it cannot be chosen more than once per activation. To BAMF!, place Nightcrawler within 3 spaces, then you may place the chosen figure adjacent to Nightcrawler. BAMF! placement is unstoppable.

This way En Garde’s 2 attack move action is the BAMF!, not a “something else” that isn’t a move action.

Also, should En Garde be listed first, because it replaces the move phase entirely, which decision point precedes any move action or BAMF!?
It works just fine as is. You're replacing his normal move and attack phases with a move action and 2 normal attacks. It was made to ape the Combat Dexterity wording and works much the same way.
Old December 29th, 2023, 09:42 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I do think it's not entirely clear that BAMF! itself counts as a move action. I think Sporx's wording of "As his move action" clarifies that nicely.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 30th, 2023, 04:47 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

I think it has just made it more confusing.
Old December 30th, 2023, 11:17 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Do we have other teleporters yet and is it normal for them to make the teleport actually count as a move action? (or I guess not just teleporters but any instance of placement-as-move-action). That stuck out as maybe weird to me but also I haven't totally kept up with what we've done in other cases there.
Old December 30th, 2023, 11:20 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Do we have other teleporters yet and is it normal for them to make the teleport actually count as a move action? (or I guess not just teleporters but any instance of placement-as-move-action). That stuck out as maybe weird to me but also I haven't totally kept up with what we've done in other cases there.
Solid point. Currently the rulebook has this:

"Move actions consist of either a normal move, a special move, or a maneuver, as will be covered in this section."

I can't think of any other instances of "place" abilities that act as move actions. I wonder if we shouldn't try to alter BAMF! into a special move action?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 30th, 2023, 11:48 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I think it's probably not a great idea to make it less like other placements if they aren't normally move actions. Maybe...

Quote:
BAMF!
Instead of Nightcrawler's move action, you may BAMF!. When you BAMF!, you may choose an adjacent Small or Medium figure. If it is an enemy, it cannot be chosen more than once per activation. To BAMF!, place Nightcrawler within 3 spaces, then you may place the chosen figure adjacent to Nightcrawler. BAMF! placement is unstoppable.

EN GARDE
Instead of Nightcrawler's move through attack phases, he may BAMF! up to 3 times and make up to 2 normal attacks, in any order. Defenders have -1 Defense if attacked immediately after Nightcrawler uses BAMF!
Cuts out the option to move normally during En Garde but that was always worse and I think especially so now that he has the unstoppability and countering it is pretty tough? Could work harder to keep that if it's important to Ark, but I think trying to preserve that option is the crux of what's making things a little tough to parse.

Other notes:

* Shorter
* "Instead of move action" still - I think this is more consistent with other things.
* Handles BAMFing when someone gives him a maneuver more cleanly - IMO that's a little weird in the current language because of the "during his activation" stuff in BAMF!
* May want to call out Large (or at that point switch to not Tiny or Huge?) if he's supposed to be able to get Blob

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G2.0 Dossier Database