Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:03 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Cool Chicagoland March 2012 Tournament Results and Battle Reports

We had a great time at the tournament. 22 players attended making this tournament as large as several of the NHSD events this past year. Captain Canuck and I would like to thank each player who attended, the tournament would have been a complete bust without people who actually came to play. Special thanks to GaryLASQ and Jexik for donating to our prize table.

Let’s get to the results. Results are based on record and strength of schedule. I’ll just do the top ten records, unless someone wants to know more. We used mostly non-website names so if I need to switch someone’s site name in, please PM me.

1st place- Clarissimus 5-0 (SOS 15)
2nd- Gary’s Son 4-1 (SOS 13)
Tied 3rd- Hahma and Tanner (SOS 12)
5th- Legoboy 4-1 (SOS 11)
Tied 6th- Jexik and infectedsloth 3-2 (SOS 17)
Tied 8th- Gary’s Brother and Redman8 3-2 (SOS 15)
10th- The Bearded One 3-2 (SOS 12)
11th- Jason
12th- Kruggin
13th- Thor’s Hammer
14th- 133Lucas
15th- GaryLASQ
16th- tokomi
17th- Tyler
18th- Paul
19th- Dominik
20th- Scarlet Stinger
21st- David
22nd- Dustin

Last edited by legoboy; March 5th, 2012 at 09:10 PM. Reason: a sick wife and child tend to take precedence over this stuff.
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:05 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Chicagoland March 2012 Tournament Results

Boy,You must Have a long Drive Home

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old March 5th, 2012, 08:40 PM

legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby! legoboy rolls all skulls baby!
Cool Re: Chicagoland March 2012 Tournament Results and Battle Rep

As with every tournament, I struggled to decide on my army build. I wanted flexibility, but wanted to be able to go terrain specific if possible. I thought for a long time about swapping Kyrie squads each round, using Minions and Sentinels or Protectors together with Atlaga but couldn’t decide what to do with my last 80 points per round. Plus, I felt like I was selling myself short on the overall point limit. In the end, I decided to build “pods” that could function independently and still support the other “pod” that I had in play. I opted to go with two 300 point “pods” and two 200 point “pods”. (I’m tired of the quotation marks and imagine that you are too. I’ll stop using them.)

My Pods
Major Q9 180
Deathreavers x3 120

Stingers x 5 300

Krug 120
Raelin (RotV) 80

Cyprien Esenwein 150
Sonya Esenwein 45
Grand Total 995

Round I vs. Paul
On Dungeon Catacombs
I played Cyprien, Sonya and the Stingers, Paul played a Kyrie build (Taelord, Atlaga, Minions, Protectors and Otonashi). I started off with Cyprien going pretty well, and then his Minions came out and clobbered the Vampire Lord. Things went south for me for a while, but the Stingers with their numbers made a comeback. It helped that I was able to get the Attack+1 glyph and every now and then was able to step onto the Wind glyph to keep his Kyrie from taking flight. I won in the end.

Round II vs. Jexik
On Fissure
I ended up swapping out my entire army this round and went for power, Q9, Krug, Raelin and Rats x3. (Or to look at it through Jexik-ish eyes, two Menacers, some Defenders and a Cheerleader). Jexik played Charos and Greenies x4 with the Marro Warriors. Jexik played Charos and Greenies until cleanup time, while I lead with Rats and Q9. Q9 jumped into the middle to open fire, then got pounced on by Charos who was boosted with height and the Attack +1 glyph. Still in range of Raelin and her aura, Q9 lasted for a long time, but was unable to land many hits on the dragon king. Krug came out to hammer away on the dragon, and despite Krug’s height bonus couldn’t quickly add to the dragon’s wounds. Eventually, Q9 died, followed by Charos and then Krug. Jexik had a mess load of Greenies and his Marro plus the attack glyph. I had the Lords of Offense- Raelin and her rats. Actually, my remaining troops were able to take down more than my big guys, but in the end that Attack glyph was too much to handle. Jexik walked off with the win.

Round III vs. Kruggin
On Fire Isles
I split two of my pods for this game, playing Cyprien and Sonya along with Krug and Stingers x3. Kruggin played the Steamroller. I stepped on the massive curse, killing only Kruggin’s Crixus. The remaining gladiators came on hard, killing the Vampire and several Stingers. Late in the game, only Spartacus, one of his Capuans, Sonya and Krug were left on the battlefield. The pair of gladiators left Krug with 7 wounds. Krug finished the rest on his next turn. Kruggin for his part played a great game and was rolling skulls like no-one I’ve ever seen. Had he been able to roll one more at the end, that game would have had a different result. The win went to me.

Round IV vs. Redman
On Blackroot
I played this game with Q9, Krug, Raelin and the Rats again. Redman played Braxas, Agent Carr, Izumi Samurai and Stingers x2. He led with Braxas and his Stingers. Braxas killed everything she looked at, killing Raelin and Q9 in the same turn. (It was like this- There's Raelin- poof- gone. Oops, there's Q9- poof- gone!) Finally, Krug came charging out and saved the day for me. Thankfully, Redman couldn’t roll for Stinger Drain as well as he did for Poison Acid Breath and helped me along a little. At the end, a 6-wound Krug finished off the final Stinger. I was able to sneak away with another win.

Round V vs. tokomi
On Jotun’s Gap
The rats had almost failed me twice so I went back to the vampires and Stingers for this last battle. Tokomi played Nilfheim and a squad of Greenies, Atlaga, Zetacron and a squad of Phantom Knights (leaving him 35 points short of 500). My Stingers spread out, leaving Cyprien to work the middle of the field. Nilfheim met him out there and the two traded blows for a while. The Phantoms and Zetacron came out, scaring my vampire, so the Stingers went to work on the dragon. Cyprien was unable to land a hit on Zetacron, so he switched to the Phantoms. Then Atlaga came into the party too. From there I alternated back and forth between my units, killing the dragon, then the soulborg, then the Phantoms and eventually the Kyrie. Tokomi’s Greenies came to the party late, and were able to kill a couple of Stingers, but by then it was too late. I got my fourth win of the day.

I had a great time playing in this one. Jexik, tokomi and Paul were great guys that I hope to play against sometime soon. I was really pleased that two of my club kids were able to work me the way that Kruggin and Redman did.

I'm already looking forward to the next time I can get to a tournament, maybe host another. I want to thank all my club people for helping out, Canuck for his planning and video work, the ShogUn, who left a pair of sick kids at home, but wanted to come help setup and then left to go help his wife with the kids, and Thor's Hammer for his support. Thank you to Mrs. Moreno and Ms. Hutcherson for spending the day serving food to a bunch of geeks. You two were great!
Old March 5th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: Chicagoland March 2012 Tournament Results and Battle Rep

Umm...

Q9 can't be breathed on.

Other than that, look's like you had a great time!
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:25 PM

Master of Disaster is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Umm...

Q9 can't be breathed on.

Its funny how some people that play Braxas think that PAB works on any figure, regardless of size. Sadly, my bro lost a game at the first tournament he ever attended all because his Krug was killed by PAB from his opponent's Braxas.
Old March 5th, 2012, 11:44 PM

Cool Re: Chicagoland March 2012 Tournament Results and Battle Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Umm...

Q9 can't be breathed on.

I knew that overgrown worm couldn't PAB huge figures. I forgot that it was only possible on small and medium. Crud....
Old March 6th, 2012, 12:37 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Great reports! Now someone needs to host a Peoria Tournament

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old March 6th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

My overall list was:

Nilfheim
Braxas
Charos
4x Greenscale Warriors
Raelin
Marro Warriors
Isamu
Otonashi

I'll probably write a report later. Went 2-1 with a typical "zamboni" and 1-1 with other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old March 6th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

My 1000 point pool was:
Knights x3
4th Mass x2
Sir Gilbert
Finn
Thorgrim
Eldgrim
Nilfheim
Alastair MacDirk
Marcu

Round 1 vs. (My army: 4th x2, Knights x2, Sir Gilbert, Finn, Eldgrim) vs. ?? (hodgepodge army including x2 Stingers, Roman Archers x1, and Deathstalkers x1)

My opponent was fairly new to the game and hadn't ever played a competitive game before. He made a lot of good moves, but I was able to limit activations really quickly, and my 4th Mass got the range glyph really early on and WTFed his start zone. It was a fairly easy win, but there were a lot of those here. It gets tougher.

1-0

Round 2 vs. Infectedsloth (My army: Nilfheim, Knights x3, Gilbert) vs. (Fen Hydra x2, MBS, Ornak, Raelin, Marcu, Isamu? not 100% sure)

I lead with Nilfheim and took a glyph, which turned out to be summoning. I summoned Ornak, hoping to take him out early, but it took Nilfheim four or five turns to finish the job. I eventually got him down though, but a Hydra killed Nilfheim in one turn of attacks shortly after. I had a tough time getting through the eight defense Hydras after that, but I took one with me before my Knight ran out.

1-1

Round 3 vs. ??? (My army: 4th x2, Knights x2, Gilbert, Finn, Eldgrim) vs. (hodgepodge including Einar Imperium x1 and Kiova)
Another hodgepodge army, which isn't always the most fun to play against. The EI were his only offense, and the 4th Mass killed all three of them really quickly. All I know for the rest of the match is that I quickly dispatched most of his army with the Knights, although Kiova was hard to catch.

2-1

Round 4 vs. Guy (My army: Knights x3, Alastair, Finn, Thorgrim, Marcu) (Major Q9, Major Q10, Snipers x1, Repulsors x2)
If I am right on his army, he was over on points by ten, but whatever. He lead with Major Q9 and the Snipers and the Repulsors. The Knights and Vikings killed Q9 and all but one Sniper and Repulsor before they died. I may have got a few wounds on Q10 too. I just remember an awesome MacDirk run at the end where he just dominated. That 4th Defense die makes him amazing.

3-1

Round 5 vs. Jexik (My army: Knights x2, 4th x2, Sir Gilbert, Finn, Eldgrim) vs. (Raelin, Nilfheim, Greenscales x3, Marro Warriors)

This was probably the most tactically interesting game that I played all day. Jexik and I both rolled up our armies well, and he had his Raelin very well placed. The game was won when I moved my 4th Mass into a spot where they had height on Raelin, and killed her in a turn of attacks, and then severely crippled his defense, allowing for the Knights to finish Nilfheim.

4-1

Last edited by vegietarian18; October 16th, 2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old March 8th, 2012, 11:55 AM

The pictures from the tournament are posted in the events section, or here specifically.
Old March 8th, 2012, 03:45 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My 1000 points

Ornak
Fen hydra x2
Krug
Cyprien
Sonya
Stingers x3
Me-Burg-Sa
Isamu
Marcu
Raelin

battle reports coming tonight or tomorrow.

Round One: Map Broken Skyline: Opponent The Bearded One.
My army: Krug, Cyprien, Sonya, Stingers x3.
The Bearded One's army: Einar Imperium x2, Atlaga, Morgrimm Forgehammer, Isamu.

the beareded one is my friend so we each knew exactly what was in each others army. He sent his Imperium up but with only 9 stinger I was able to spread them out and go blow for blow with his Imperium. I killed all but on of his Imperium with my stingers, his last one was one lucky twenty sided glyph. The bearded one sent up Atlaga but he missed his bolt of witherwood on Krug, my cyprien finished him off. Mogrimm and Cyprien fought with Cyprien wining.

Winner, Me: Survivors: Cyprein 4 wound, Krug 2 wounds, two stingers

Round two: Map Sidewinder: Opponent vegetarian18.
My army: Fen hydra x2 Ornak, Raelin, Me-Burg-Sa, Isamu, Marcu.
Vegetarian18's army Nilfheim, Knights of Weston x3, Sir Gilbert.

My first ever tournament rematch, he beat me the first time. I went over the water with a hydra and Marcu and got on a glyph that was a dud. Nilfheim went for the other glyph that was summing, he summoned Ornak away from my army. He moved his knights over by my hydra. I attacked sir Gilbert with my hydra with height and killed him in one turn. Ornak took two attacks from Nilfheim which allowed me to get the first attack of with my other hydra, I killed his Nilfhiem he one turn. His knight had a hard time getting through my hydras backed by Raelin. I eventually won.

Winner, me. Left Raelin 2 wounds, Fen hydra 1 wound, Isamu, Me-Brug-Sa

Round three: Map Mayberry: Opponent Jexik.
My army: Krug, Cyprien, Sonya, Me-Burg-Sa, Isamu, Marcu
Jexik's army: Nilfhiem, Greenscale Warriors x3, Raelin, Marro Warriors

I focused on the right side seating up Krug by the glyph and Raelin on height by him. The glyph was mass curse, I lost Marcu Jexik lost nothing. His greenscale secured the other glyph (defense plus one). I decided to kamikaze with Cyprien to try and take out Nilfheim. 3 failed chilling touches and a dead Cyprian later all I had to show for it was Raelin with 2 wounds. He tied down Krug with 3 greenscale than had Nilfiem fly around taking out all my other units. Kurg was overwhelmed by his numbers and with the defense glyph and Raelin I had no chance.

Winner: Jexik Survivors: Raelin 2 wounds Nilfhiem maybe with a couple wounds I don't remember, Marro warrios, 5 or 6 greenscales.

Round four: Map: Juton's Gap: Opponent Vegetarian18's Dad.
My army:
Fen hydra x2 Ornak, Raelin, Me-Burg-Sa, Isamu, Marcu.
Vegetarian18's Dad army: Braxes, Raelin, Kelda, Greenscale warriors x2.

Great match up for me I knew this should be an easy win. His Greenscales went to the left and got the move glyph, no big deal. His Greenscales also got the mass curse glyph, he did not lose anyone, but I lost Marcu and one of my Fen Hydras! My other Hydra backed by Raelin killed some greenscales not by his Braxes. He sent Braxes went after my Fen hydra but could not but wound and with 4 attacks of 4 and sometime more with ornak red flag of fury I was able to bring down the 8 life 5 defense dragon. Realin a Kelda held out for a little bit but could not get through my 8 defense hydra.

Survives: Infectedsloth: Fen hydra, Raelin, Orank 1 or 2 wounds, Isamu?

Round five: Map Fissure: Opponent GaryLASQ son.
My army: Fen hydra, Stingers x3, Cyprien, Sonya.
GaryLASQ son army: Wolves of Badru x3, Werewolf lord, Kaemon Awa

My stinger moved up both sides, one of them stepped on the negation glyph and negated his Werewolf Lord. His Kaemon Awa moved up the left side and killed a couple of my stingers, while his wolf combo and my stingers were fighting on the other side with both receiving casualties. My stinger on the right side were pushed back, so Cyprein with height engaged Werewolf lord. His werewolf lord attacked by fen hydra and put 3 wounds in his first attack. Cyprein and werewolf lord went at it for a couple rounds with Cyprein dieing and werewolf lord getting 4 or 5 wounds. In a turning point, I had 3 stingers left, I failed stinger drain and the next turn Kaemon Awa finished off my last two stingers, if stinger drain had not failed I would have finished of his werewolf lord before he killed cyprien. My reaming figures were killed off with out much of a fight.

Winner: GaryLASQ son: Left: Kaemon Awa one wound, Werewolf lord 5 wounds, 4 or 5 wolves.

Last edited by infectedsloth; March 27th, 2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old March 8th, 2012, 04:33 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

I"m wondering if there were any Thanos or Hulk sightings?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports