Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:16 AM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Conversation with Craig (and a 400pt game too!)

O.K. it is 3am Sunday and I am tired so I will do my best to get up what I can...

To consolidate, I included the new info with the info from the other thread...

ODB called me with some notes he took from an interview with Craig at Comic Con.

Here it goes...

Marvel Heroscape
-One box masterset.
-Heroes only. No squads.
-Can be compatable with CHS but NOT RECOMMENDED!

*New MHS info...

I talked with Derek Weston (as in the Knights of) and he informed me that the 10 figures in the case was all there would be in the MS. The terrain may be more or less (my guess is that it would be more). The same great design team that works on CHS developed MHS. They come up with all the abilities and maintain communication with Marvel for OK's on final product.
Later I talked with Craig and asked about the possibilty of DC joining the ranks. He mentioned Mattel's liscensing with DC (although not aware of the exclusivity of the liscensing) and said he could not discuss any future plans with the line (expansions).
I also noticed a yellow MHS glyph on the glass so I looked underneath it and there was no graphics but it simply read "mysterious object". I am assuming this to not be final product.
In person the figure's are superb. Better than most Heroclix...Thanos especially shines compared to his HC version. The wall is definately breakaway and the red-head is indeed Red Skull.

Distribution issues
-Walmart & Target problem (they hold orders in distribution center for a while) it's not like hobbie stores where they order direct.
-2 Heroes + 1 Terrain question: Answered by marketing lady, "We target to kids age 8-12 who want big dragons as opposed to extra trees." Good thing is that Walmart has requested 3 Tundras per box!

*New Distribution info...
I don't know if this will mean anything to some of you but Weston gave me some more reasoning on the target market. He says the buyers are 80% kids (parents shopping for kids) while the online community is 80% adults. And in order to maintain distribution through the big 3 they must market to kids.

Online Support
-Heroscape.com updates are coming soon.
-Craig & Rob posting on Heroscapers.com?...Rob just shrugged...did not want to answer (Oogie feels ther is not a lot of enthusiasm about the internet presence)
-Oogie says, "We miss you guys answering questions about rules." Craig says he has a stack of FAQs from Chris that he will be getting to and we should keep sending questions to Chris (the playtester guy).

*New Online info...
Talking with Craig, he is really loving Heroscapers.com! I think he proved it with how much time he spent with me and his willingness to share (no marketing lady around but he still could not go too far). He does know what is going on here.
He told me about some of their gaming sessions and totally awesome scenarios. I suggested they be posted at Hasbro's site and he agreed (was seriously saying he would). One scenario involved gladiator arenas with 6 players commanding 3 heroes each. The players had money and could pay the trainer for better fighters and bribe the animal tamer to so the wolves and dogs released into the arena would leave them alone. There was even snipers in the stadium crowd picking off the gladiators. When there was only 6 fighters left the game was over and points were tallied.

Craig's Favorites
-Favorite Hero: Raelin for her versatility (works well in any army).
-Favorite Terrain: Not out yet!!!

Wave 5/Castle
-Oogie got really good pics of wave 5 figures but no cards were out (Craig thought the stats were already on the site and says they should be soon)
-High quality full-page pics of all castle rules & scenarios
-Fortress Door (Destructable Object) 10 life 4 defense with a special:
REINFORCED DEFENSE
When defending against a small or medium figure add 2 automatic shields to roll. When defending against a large or huge figure add 1 automatic shield to roll. (not verbatim)
-There are 6 castle sets in the big picture.

*New Wave 5/Castle info...
I got a chance to see the back of some of the wave 5 packaging. From the character discriptions: Unique squad pack (both Einar)- Ninjas have a disappearing ability and Samurai gets +3 move when attacking and counterstrike. Armidillos (Utgar soulborgs) have disengage and an ability that allows them to dodge attacks and move 4 spaces. Don't remember the rest...I should have written it down. Dangit!

I did not take pics of the castle rules since Oog already did that (was hoping he would be there so I can get the pics from him) but I did glance it over. The door has no point value so it is mainly for scenarios (you were right, Truth, the scenario in the book involves a small army defending the castle against a larger one).

Other Stuff
-Will there be big news at GenCon? "YES!"
-Einar Dragon or Elephant? "There are plans for specific individual army growth. Did you hear the rumor? No? Ha Ha Ha Ha, it hasn't reached Heroscapers.com yet."
-Advanced rules? Looking into it.
-Hasbro UK? Expect a big push here, especially with Marvel Heroscape.
-Ke-Mo-Shi soon? Yes!
-Is Craig involved with developing Ke-Mo-Shi? YES, out of all the entries he thought she would work extremely well with the Marrow.
*When I talked about my multiple MS figures collecting dust Craig mentioned the desire to do new terrain only sets.

AllSkulls -vs- Craig
Craig was cool enough to accept a 400 point challange and I decided to take it easy on him (did not want to show him up in front of his design team ).

So I pick a team that I never played...
Marcus
Romans
AE
Krav
Blade Gruts

Craig chooses...
Krug
Mittens
Vipers x4

I will make this short and sweet.
This was my first time facing so many vipers and I was glad that I had a strong ranged army. My range did not last to long due to Craig's wieghted 20-sider...I mean spectacular frenzy rolls. He must've rolled 8 or 9 frenzies within the first 4 rounds. I picked off viper after viper but they just kept coming. When all I had left was Marcus with about half life, he finally brought Krug in. Marcus could have won if it wasn't for Krug's 8 life, wounded smash and double attack!

It was a realy fun time, especially when I mentioned Krug's undercostedness . Thanks for the game, Craig.

Craig's Appreciation
Oogie got a chance to chat with Craig for a while and says that he is "super cool". He said thanks to all you hardcore gamers who are the best advertisement (Heroscapers.com). "Thank you for your support and passion."

*Craig is truly a "super cool" guy, along with all of his design team. You can tell they love the game and enjoy to see others enjoying it.

From right to left: Lindsay "Saylind" the graphics girl, Craig Van Ness, AllSkulls with autographed army card, Will "Guilty Mc" Creech, and Derek "Knights of" Weston (he is really happier than he looks)

If you think that's having friends in high places, check this out...

Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:40 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Cool post allskulls! So the samurai and ninjas are Einar figures-that was my guess anyway! and the soulborg rats are utgars aye? well i thought they would be either vydars or utgars anyway!
The terrain only sets idea would be great, i have multiple mastersets and dont use the extra figures from those!
I can't wait to see kee-mo-shi!
But he said heroscape would get a push over here in the uk, especially marvelscape?! We've only got up to wave 1 of HS and hasbro replied to an email i wrote saying that there were no more heroscape sets being released this year in the UK! *Want More RTTFF, VW & TT!*
Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:46 AM

dra(gon) has disabled reputation
great that they pick up the arena idea.

i hope that senarios will look good, im exciting how their arean look and if the use catel parts . my areana had be massiv and oly one play ground.

they seems to build a map battel arena.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:48 AM
Grindmaster

I believe Oogie actually reffered to those sets in particular for the UK when he relayed that info to me. Sorry, I did not follow up any further on the subject.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:48 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Conversation with Craig (and a 400pt game too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
....Samurai gets +3 move when attacking and counterstrike.....
All I can say is Doc is a lucky man I won't have these in hand in time for the Great Monk Slaughter. :P

Thanks for the post due. Light on pics heavy on content. Just the way I like it.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:59 AM

Usagi3 has disabled reputation
Thanks for the report ! Entering waiting_for_pics mode

What if adults were perished children ?

Please forgive my bad english as I am French.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:03 AM
ultradoug

Wow! Sounds like great time! I can't belive you played him! Lucky.
...Extra bonus, cute girl in pic. *explodes* what more could you ask for?!
Great report! Great stuff, more pics? Awsome.
Thanks Allskulls & Craig!
Hey, maybe the new terrane is named Craig Mountan and you have to climb up rocks... ^_^
Also, now I have pic of Craig, I can make him epic HAaahhahahahah nothing is safe!
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:12 AM

Marsman has disabled reputation
Ahhh! Nothing is safe!
(Quickly erases location from profile)

War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:15 AM
assistant leader

skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun skyknight is a penguin with a machine gun
Allskulls, that was really great, thank you for coming back and sharing with us right away. This little episode has had me crawlin out of bed at 5AM to see if there is new info. Great great report. Thank you so much.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:20 AM
Grindmaster

5am!?! Why am I still up!?! I feel like a zombie right now...I may have left some things out...I know I have. Anyways I will sleep now and check here on Monday.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:55 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Thanks for the update AllSkulls. You think you could get together with Oogie and share your info gained from the trip for the front page write up?
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:10 AM

Roufus has disabled reputation
"There are plans for specific individual army growth."

Does this mean we're getting more snakes, or orcs, or... whatever?
That would be neat!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News