Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 27th, 2016, 06:46 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Most disappointing rule in Heroscape?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Shooting a character in the hand equals certain and quite sudden death!
This is actually how I lost Syvarris in one of my first games. He was hit by a Krav, with only one move left to the Healing Glyph.

Still, I wouldn't change that rule. It's too funny to pass up.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old September 29th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Our Illustrious Winner?...

yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby! yamissflash rolls all skulls baby!

A character cannot climb a ledge equal to their height.

I remember having to undo half of a game on New Year's Eve because I forgot about this rule when moving the Krav.

I suppose there is some balance in that it helps prevent range figures from getting to positions where they are immune to most melee units, but it's a rule that is uncharacteristic of the rest of Heroscape's streamlined rules. Unnecessary in my opinion. Remove the rule and then add 5-10 points to the Krav/Stingers to make up for the buff.
Old November 15th, 2016, 11:04 AM

chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness chaoserver wears ripped pants of awesomeness

While it is silly that a roman legionaire on height gets heigh advantage vs. Jotun, I agree with those who like this, as it is simple and elegant. Scape is very plug and play, and the more you have to stop a new player and explain an intricacy, the less smooth things go. Obviously in that case it is cut and dry, but once you change the rule for that, suddenly you are comparing heigh 5's and 6's etc. and seeing who gets height in those cases too.
Old November 15th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

One thing that always bugged me was that Bonding seems reversed. By having the Order marker on the Squad card, it seems like the Squad is guiding the Hero not the other way around. You also end up with funniness like a single Grut Archer commanding Mimring and Krug, or a single Knight Commanding the Sirs in battle.

I know there is no going back now, but it has always been a bee in my bonnet.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's