Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old August 30th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Anti-DnDScape?

You only have to listen to it if you open the thread, though.

If you don't like a subject, don't open the thread.

~Rednax
Old August 30th, 2010, 08:50 PM

Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness Greyelephant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancampbell View Post
I'm not pointing at any one person here. However, there seems to be some folks who are quick to attempt to dismiss the claims of the so called anti-D&Ders, out of hand. In as much as the anti-D&Ders are slammed for their "constant negativity", there are those pro-D&Ders who seem all to quick to defend it.

Are the designers doing a good job? Yes. Even I, the "king of anti-D&Ders" can see this. However, again, there are those that are so quick to heap praise upon the design team, that any small percived slight on their honor is quickly met with swift hand of justice. (Justice in their eyes) Too bad that the slight didn't exsist, or was not intended. I've seen folks simply say "I liked wave 9 better than D&D, and they get slammed, for being unsupportive.

Everyone has their own opinions. Some don't exactly jive with the majority, but hey, thats how that person feels.

Love D&D, hate D&D, don't care, whatever your feelings are, here we are. A full year removed from the original announcement of D&D, and it remains the most hotly debated topic on this message board. It has become, and remains, the single most divisive subject on these boards. That is a bad thing. No matter your feelings towards D&D, it has divided us.
To be fair, no one got slammed for saying wave 9 was better. It was in response to me saying D1 and D2 have been one of the best waves yet to which this was partially said...

Quote:
I'm not taking anything away from the design team, but man, Wave 9 is one of the best waves EVER! I'm shocked to think that people would think D1 and D2 can hold a candle to it.
Then it was mentioned the same design team did that wave as well (and W 9 is also among my favorite waves). They weren't attacked for not being supportive enough.
Correct. I guess my main beef is that I am used to the designers making such great special powers, but I also used to get great sculpts to go along with them.

Heroscape is a gateway into a wonderful world of games that I never would've known existed otherwise.
Old August 30th, 2010, 09:00 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

No one is forcing anyone to read the thread. If they want to debate about their various opinions they can. If you don't want to read about it. Don't read the thread titled "Anti Dndscape".

Old August 31st, 2010, 10:45 AM

ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Debate is good. It's okay to re-visit the subject of life post-DnD - we're all adults aren't we?

I love the fact that we've got a whole pile of releases happening this year. Who isn't checking this site daily these days? I'm hoping along with the ongoing releases of DnD figs we'll see re-releases of all the existing waves. I've supported Wave 1 by opening my wallet, whilst still buying the current DnD stuff because I want Wave 2 and anything else they can dream up...

Our little game has been fortunate to make it this far. A big thanks to the design team for making inspired choices for re-imagining DnD figs for HS. Here's to a bright future of mixed releases of DnD and NEW classic!

Maybe the bigger issue here is how WotC can continue to better market HS - more than simply using old DnD figs. Terrain bundles for example?

Lastly - if you don't want to read a thread, don't open it. If you don't like something, don't buy it. If you disagree with something - make a valid opinion and prepare to listen to those of others.

I look keenly to the future of HS - whatever form it takes! And to those who don't share my optimism check out the custom threads, battle reports, buy the re-released waves and keep an eye on eBay. Also, there are other games out there...

G.

Betty or Veronica...?
Old August 31st, 2010, 10:57 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

We're not all adults. The game is based for 8 and up. And while I am certainly a lot more than 8, I still like to consider myself at the 8 year old mentallity level. No one truely knows everyone who's on this site but I've digressed.

I love the fact that people who like this stuff (DnDscape) buy it. Some of the group doesn't and some of the community thinks this may be the end of HS as we know it.
And to be totally objective - DnD was the end of HS as we knew it. No new sci-fi or historical units for three waves is definately the end of an era. Has it ended the game...no. We been given a master set and 3 new waves in a year. That is not the end of a game.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; August 31st, 2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: I still don't like elementals or drow.
Old August 31st, 2010, 11:29 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
We're not all adults. The game is based for 8 and up. And while I am certainly a lot more than 8, I still like to consider myself at the 8 year old mentallity level. No one truely knows everyone who's on this site but I've digressed.

I love the fact that people who like this stuff (DnDscape) buy it. Some of the group doesn't and some of the community thinks this may be the end of HS as we know it.
And to be totally objective - DnD was the end of HS as we knew it. No new sci-fi or historical units for three waves is definately the end of an era. Has it ended the game...no. We been given a master set and 3 new waves in a year. That is not the end of a game.
and + rep (from me, at least ).
Old August 31st, 2010, 01:33 PM

PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker PHippo knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy-scaper View Post
Our little game has been fortunate to make it this far. A big thanks to the design team for making inspired choices for re-imagining DnD figs for HS. Here's to a bright future of mixed releases of DnD and NEW classic
Here here!

Sign the Declaration and bring back classic scape!
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30056
Remember: Together we can make a difference
Old August 31st, 2010, 01:56 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy-scaper View Post
Our little game has been fortunate to make it this far.
Little game? Little game?!
This is HEROSCAPE!!!

Serioulsy though, while I understand that this is a little game in terms of total Hasbro sales, the quantity and quality of Heroscape products published over the past 6-7 years is quite impressive (and yes, I include D&DScape as well). It is certainly the biggest game in my collection in terms of physical size, quantity of components, and dollars spent. It has even long since surpassed ASL.

And unlike ASL, I can pull out Heroscape after a 9 month break and still remember how to play!
Old August 31st, 2010, 01:59 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

But how much per game is it costing you?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:21 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
But how much per game is it costing you?
I don't think I could even venture a guess. I know roughly how much I've spent, but I really have no idea how many times I've played. But to put me on the same level as War of the Ring:CE (currently $18.20 per game, by the way) I would had to have played at least 100 games. I haven't played at all in the past year, so thats about 20 games a year. I'm sure I played at least that much in 2005-2007, but maybe not in more recent years.

And yes, I do realize that you were only joking...
Old August 31st, 2010, 04:25 PM
Nostradumbass

DrAwsm is surprisingly tart

I fully chose to read the thread; I have nothing bad to say about it. However, I find it foolish to keep coming back to the same subject over and over again, even though it has the same effects. As someone before stated that debate is good, I feel it's wasted if the topic has been repeated several times. While I believe that DnD is not the end (more of a spin-off) of "classic", it'll be a little while before classic comes back. As long as HS keeps getting produced, under whatever new "skin" it might have, we, the players, shouldn't be divided by something as a simple "reboot." While it may not be exactly what fans want, it's still HS, no matter how you look at it.
Old August 31st, 2010, 05:00 PM
Wrecker of Wednesdays

clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla clancampbell is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAwsm View Post
we, the players, shouldn't be divided by something as a simple "reboot." While it may not be exactly what fans want,
1. Walk into a Star Trek convention. Find the group of fans that are mad over the latest "re-boot". Tell them not to be divided, and its just a "simple" re-boot. Hope you escape with your life. Seriously, some fans don't like change. Some fans hold things near and dear and when that gets F'ed with, they get mad. Same applies to scape.

2. Not what the fans want. Its been made clear by all, that what us fans really want is classic. Yet we keep getting D&D. WHY? (Don't say economy, 4 releases in a year, yeah its cheaper to re-use molds, but thats a bit much, and a green light for D3 without any sales data from D2. Heroscape must be selling somewhere.)

73 tournaments. 175 - 145 - 1 overall record. 6 tournament wins.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion