Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old July 4th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: Ch1can0īs Custom Maps - for 2 MS - New Map: Rampart ē

I think it's interesting how different mapmakers have their own little trademarks and signatures. In addition to how great they look, a central Gerda glyph practically says 'Made by Ch1can0.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old August 8th, 2008, 11:49 AM

dafe31 is surprisingly tart

Ch1can0,

When you get a chance, could you please redownload the build instructions The Outpost and for Sunken Gate. We've been going with BOV battlefields recently and I'm in a castle kind of mood.

Thanks,
DAFE31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1can0 View Post
Hi rehlers!

thx a lot for your feedback! Nice to hear that you had a good time playing Forsaken Fortress. Hope you will also like the next map: The Outpost

On this map the Castle is be connected on the top level so walking units reach all castle parts once they are on top. And as double hex figures canīt use ladders, there are alternative ways up.

Iīm working on some additional scenario rules for this map. If range units get on top of a castle (drop of ae for example) they can camp the whole time and a game can get quite predictable. To give this situation a twist, i thought about a rule to prevent range units from just camping on high ground... Well, they run out of ammo.
------
Using Ammunition
Place 3 wounds as ammo markers on every range squad army card in the game. If at least one squad member makes a range atttack during a turn, remove an ammo marker after that turn from the card. If all ammo markers are removed, the range of the squad drops to 1.

optional:
Refill Ammunition
Anytime you place all squad members of a range army card adjacent to a brandar glyph (ammo crate), refill the ammo markers on the card up to 3.

optional with the use of Refill Ammunition:
Limited Ammo Crates
Place a small pile of 6 woundmarkers on each brandar glyph. Use these to refill the ammuntion on the army cards. So for example an ammo crate can refill two times a range squad from 0 to 3.
------
It can be balanced simply by changing the amount of ammo on the card and where you place the brandar glyph(s). Itīs not tested yet. What do you think about these rules? Any comments and help with the wording is appreciated , thx. =)
Old August 8th, 2008, 05:44 PM

Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker Ch1can0 knows what's in an order marker

thx all for your feedback

Shades fan, did you had a chance to test Rampartē ?

Jexik: Darn, do i place the Gerda glyph so often in the center?!? Didnīt noticed it yet Here two Maps without that special feature...

Dafe31, thx for your interest, the maps are available again:

The Outpost and Sunken Gate

Actually i hadnīt build Sunken Gate yet, hope the map will work

Happy Scaping!

My Maps for 1, 2 and 3+ Mastersets

"We donīt cost enough." - Marro Warrior, just cloned.

Last edited by Ch1can0; August 8th, 2008 at 05:53 PM.
Old August 8th, 2008, 08:01 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker

Haven't seen any new maps in a while and I'm Jonezing. I feel as though all the first maps were free, and now I'm gonna have to pay up front to get more. Well, ok then. I need my fix, and the urge isn't going away. Two master sets, a castle, two forests are my usual, but man does that volcaren feel good once in a while. I have the shakes, and I can't tell if I'm dreaming or not any more. All the other maps barely get me going anymore, but still I use them thinking about the first Ch1can0 buzz. Jeez man, you gotta help me, I mean I'll do anything. I don't know what's real anymore, but the Airborne Elite have to drop. Pleeeezz!
Old August 8th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I actually haven't.
But first chance I get, you can be sure that I will!

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old August 20th, 2008, 04:54 AM
Wears Shades at Night

Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shades fan wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Ok, i have gotten a chance to play Rampart 2, and must say that I love it.[Like most your maps!]

At first glance, I thought it would lose some of my favorite parts of the original Rampart.
Like the wide openness of it, and the heckticness of it. When I played on Rampart, I loved the wide open space in the middle that would eventually become a shooting gallery from the sides[Off the bridges!]

But upon playing this map, I realized that it may have not been as open anymore, but it was a lot more hectic.I didn't play with glyphs, so I am not going to remark at how much more hectic it would have been.

The map is a blast to play with units weaving in and out using the road.The high ground can be hard to get to, but you can get their quickly, if you use the road. I felt that every piece got used, even though it most likely didn't in our 600 point battle. The only part I didn't like is that my hand kept knocking over the turrents, along with jotuns mighty sword. [Hardly your designs fault.]

on the map, because it kept one of my favorite features of the original Rampart, along with another map I love[Battle Bridge!]

Spread Positivity and the joys of gaming.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 12:42 PM

Hi Shades fan, thanks for your feedback, always welcome Cool that you liked rampartē, i still have to play on that map...

pinche guey, creo que no entendi bien lo que dices, perhaps you just need a new map? Here is one (:

Last edited by Ch1can0; September 2nd, 2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:09 PM

pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker pinche_guey knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch1can0 View Post
pinche guey, creo que no entendi bien lo que dices, perhaps you just need a new map? Here is one (:
M'entendiste bien. M'encata tus mapas, son como un addiccion! Cheers!
Old September 13th, 2008, 07:41 AM

Re: Ch1can0īs Custom Maps - for 2 MS - New Map: Prison

thx pinche guey for the kind comment

Iīm editing a new map with 2ms and 2 trff: Twin Caves. Here is the first draft, the idea was to make to facing caves (remember facing worlds, ut, anyone ? )

Will have to build it first to check if the caves are sturdy in rl, but they should, beneath are spots for a glyph on each side.

Some more details

almost done:

Last edited by Ch1can0; September 13th, 2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 07:39 PM

madmuppet is surprisingly tart

The download link for Forsaken Fortress is broken! Is that fixable?
Old September 26th, 2008, 02:21 AM

Hi madmuppet,

Forsaken Fortress is available again, Click

Happy Scaping!

Old September 29th, 2008, 03:53 PM

In most of my maps i have connected startzones using the 24hex tile, this time i wanted to build something different: The startzones have a new shape and different levels. There are outposts of three hexes nearer to the opposing side, this might add more strategy placing the units at the beginning. Startzones are still of another terrain type than the surounding hexes for easy placement and itīs 24 hexes on each side as usual. What do you think of this map?

First draft

Almost done

Last edited by Ch1can0; October 14th, 2008 at 02:40 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios