Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games
Other Games Board, Card, Video, etc.

Old January 19th, 2007, 05:07 PM

naps420 Woo who?
Shadowrun players?

Just thought I would ask. I've been a GM of shadowrun since 1st edition and helped Build/GM/Run an online Shadowrun MUD at one point of time.
Was just curious if there were any runners in the shadows around here.
Old January 19th, 2007, 07:02 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I played Shadowrun a loooooooooooong time ago. I haven't played since 1992. I had a lot of fun back then.
Old January 20th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
I love shadowrun, that is one of the games we do at the gaming convention coming up in March called COSCON in Butler Pa. We are always looking for extra game masters and stuff there, if you were interested in running a game or three. They divvy it up by time slots and if you run at least 3 time slots throughout the weekend, your entry fee is paid for and you are entered into a gamemaster drawing for free prizes.

Tiberius is Rogue...
aboard STARSHIP THETA...
Old January 21st, 2007, 10:46 PM

kboleen is surprisingly tart
Wow, Shaowrun. I love Shadowrun, though I haven't played since 1st edition. There was a point from 1989 to 1992 that my friends and I played once a week. We literally had to create new rules because we got so high in level. And that was just doling out 3 or 4 karma each game for us to increase our stats. I purchased 2nd and 3rd editions but never really read through them much. Once my core group fell apart, it was hard to find others who wanted to play.

"Be of good courage..."
Old January 21st, 2007, 11:32 PM

naps420 Woo who?
I've picked up 4th ed book, read through it, but have yet to run a game of it yet. My last game I ran using 3rd ed rules. The runners ended up getting trapped in the Renraku Arch during the shutdown and they had to help those trapped inside, do a few small jobs for the corp they had ties with, and try to escape alive. Was a great game, the players really enjoyed it.

As for the PA thing, Im stuck here in Ohio with no car *sniffs sadly*
Old January 22nd, 2007, 12:50 AM
GenCon General Wars & DW9K Jumpstart Champ 2008

lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla lonewolf is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Shadowrun....I loved that game.

I even liked the SNES version. I hear that there might be another Shadowrun PC game coming out sometime soon.

I bought one of the older rules books just because I liked it so much back in they day. I never played it again, just enjoyed reading the rules book again.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 01:37 AM

naps420 Woo who?
Yeah, that Shadowrun PC game you are refering to is called Shadowrun, being made by Microsoft/FASA.

http://www.shadowrun.com

It's an online only, team based, capture the "relic", FPS coming out sometime later this year for both Windows Vista and Xbox 360. I am far from impressed if you ask me. It looks stunning, it looks like it could be a pretty solid shooter, but they messed with the cannon. For instence, you can now ressurect and teleport, two things that have never been possable by mortals in all of the Shadowrun cannon. It's also set way earlyer in the timeline, I belive sometime in 2021, and FASA has decided to rewrite the history, so the story stands at this...."two factions, one is a corperation, the other a group of elves, fighting for 5 relics of power, in brazil" Sound like shadowrun to you?
Old January 22nd, 2007, 10:25 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
I DM 3rd edition for a small group a runners. I have not stepped into the new edition yet however. It looks interesting. The only thing that turns me off with it is that it is less technical. I always liked the technical parts of Shadowrun.
Old January 22nd, 2007, 06:22 PM

naps420 Woo who?
Combat seems to run a bit more smoothly in 4th ed but alot has changed. The whole Altered Reality thing is totally out there....You are your own personal area network, instead of people hacking into or decking into computer, they hack you, they can mess with your cyber implants or mess with what you percieve in your altered reality. Interesting it is...still have yet to really run a game using it though. Haven't found any players who are interested in it.
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:19 PM

kboleen is surprisingly tart
Re: Shadowrun players?

The two main reasons I enjoyed Shadowrun 1st edition was no levels and the rule of Six. Are the subsequent rules still like that? If I understand SR 4e right, successes are on a role of 4 or 5.

"Be of good courage..."
Old November 22nd, 2008, 12:53 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboleen View Post
The two main reasons I enjoyed Shadowrun 1st edition was no levels and the rule of Six. Are the subsequent rules still like that? If I understand SR 4e right, successes are on a role of 4 or 5.

Come back in 2 years for an answer to your question
Old November 27th, 2008, 03:45 AM

naps420 Woo who?

Wow, I forgot this thread was still here!

Well, I can't answer the question, no game group, no need to learn the rules of 4th ed, which is a shame. I have been trying to ask around, find people interested, but just not looking good in my city. Those who I find who are interested in playing Shadowrun, only are interested in earlier versions and sadly, a few have told me they did not like the rule changes they made to the game system. One of these days, I will find a reason to read that book front to back and try that system out for myself!

I was highly disappointed in the PC/Xbox 360 Shadowrun game. It was an mediocre shooter IMO and just didn't do it for me. It was alright while it lasted, but for me, it had no staying power. I was very happy to hear that Microsoft considered it a flop and sold the right's back to the original creator. I've heard word around the net that there has been talks of them using the license for an MMO, which could be interesting. I wish other well named RPG makers would have tried to get their hands on this license. I could just imagine a Shadowrun game in the hands of Bethesda or Bioware, that could have made for one epic Shadowrun video game.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games