Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old August 8th, 2008, 10:22 AM

Strange has disabled reputation
Re: Dallas "Epic" Game Day (July 27) - RULES & ARMIES ON P1

Well, since we've got some pics up, I might as well post a few more...

The almighty terrain tower, with Squadshed standing by for comparison. Dear goodness.

The epic map under construction.

The complete map, divided visibly into its four battle zones.

This was taken during the middle of round 2. The Marro Drones on the left crossed over into the next battlefield to transfer glyphs. They eventually landed enough free hits on the opposing team's Sgt. Drake to kill him before his match started!

A pickup game in progress; this one was between DrLivingston's RIDICULOUSLY LARGE SOULBORG ARMY and the combined forces of Tmac and his dad. Their Airborne Elite (center) kicked the good doctor's robo-hiney.

Only in Heroscape can you pit an army of redcoats against a bunch of aliens and their bone-dragon-riding leader. (And vampires.)

rym explaining why the 10th Regiment of Foot are awesome.

Master Woo standing on Agent Carr's head. This was taken before I remembered that Agent Carr has Phantom Walk. >.<

Charos and Major Q9 interrupt their melee fight to stare bemusedly at the newcomer. Wild Silver Surfer appears!

DrLivingston, mourning the loss of his beloved dragon in the final match of the epic battle.

Exciting stuff overall! One thing about epic battles - they may be a pain to set up, but they sure make for some impressive pictures.

Whatever does not kill me has made a tactical error.

Last edited by Strange; August 8th, 2008 at 10:29 AM. Reason: rotated some pictures to avoid undue neck strain
Old August 8th, 2008, 11:38 AM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

Thanks Strange! Any chance you got a vertical pic of the whole map with the water in the foreground and castle in the background? I just imagine that being the most epic angle.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old August 8th, 2008, 11:41 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dallas "Epic" Game Day (July 27) - *Photos start P15*

Nice work, Spider & Strange!

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; August 8th, 2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old August 8th, 2008, 12:18 PM

Strange has disabled reputation

Unfortunately, I do not - my camera ran out of power immediately after taking the one of the completed map. All subsequent pictures were taken by turning on the camera and hoping it would forget that it was dead for a moment. I'll do better next time... <sigh>

Whatever does not kill me has made a tactical error.
Old August 8th, 2008, 12:23 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
Hey! there is that HEX that we supposedly never passed over but actually passed over 2 times prior to funrun awarding the power glyph to the other team!

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 8th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Hey! there is that HEX that we supposedly never passed over but actually passed over 2 times prior to funrun awarding the power glyph to the other team!
LOL, I had a feeling you thought it was the wrong spot all this time! See the red X next to the drone and spider. It is that single tile that sticks out into the swamp. There is no figure on it in that shot and I am 90% sure there never was a figure on it.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old August 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

No, I fully agree that is the spot. (my post didn't reference any particular hex, only that it was there)

You say you are 90% sure; it is that 10% that bothers me because I am 100% sure it was passed over on Rym's 2nd marker of round 2 by one of his nagrubs that was purposely dodging the Drone in the swamp next to Wo-Sa-Ga so that he could line up behind Wo-Sa-Ga without engaging the swamp water drone.

But who really remembers these things

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; August 8th, 2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old August 8th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
I just started laughing when I saw this...

Thanks for all the pics guys!
Old August 8th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby! Hex_Enduction_Hour rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Well, since we've got some pics up, I might as well post a few more...

The almighty terrain tower, with Squadshed standing by for comparison. Dear goodness.
Oof, gosh that's crazy!!!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events