Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 24th, 2008, 08:39 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
Re: Dallas "Epic" Game Day (July 27) - RULES & ARMIES ON P1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
Funrun and/or R˙chean--could one of the pick-up games be a 3 player map?
Why am I being addressed in this question? I don't recall having much of a say so.

I am looking to test a Gencon champ army at 520 pts

a Heat of the Battle army at 450 pts

And a Marvel: Power of One (must have exactly one marvel figure) at 550

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; July 25th, 2008 at 01:09 PM.
Old July 24th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Funrun and/or R˙chean--could one of the pick-up games be a 3 player map?
Why am I being addressed in this question? I don't recall having much of a say so.

I am looking to test a Gencon camp army for 520 pts

a Heat of the Battle army at 450 pts

And a Marvel: Power of One (must have exactly one marvel figure) at 550
In the list of who's coming you're designated as bringing pick-up game maps. So I thought I'd ask about a 3 player map as I won't be able to build one. Sorry if I addressed you incorrectly.
Old July 24th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rym View Post

A. Rym
B. DrLivingston
C. DrLivingston
D. DrLivingston
E. DrLivingston
F. DrLivingston
G. Rym
H. Rym

1. DrLivingston
2. DrLivingston
3. Rym
4. Rym
5. Rym
6. Rym
7. DrLivingston
8. DrLivingston
I am an idiot. Just go by what's posted above. I mixed up my Armies with my numbers and letters.

So who wants me on their team?

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:01 AM

DFlynSqrl is surprisingly tart

I don't even recognize a single name on some of those army lists...

Have jetpack, will travel.
Old July 25th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynSqrl View Post
I don't even recognize a single name on some of those army lists...
No worries, we can get smoked together.

Old July 25th, 2008, 01:11 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
In the list of who's coming you're designated as bringing pick-up game maps. So I thought I'd ask about a 3 player map as I won't be able to build one. Sorry if I addressed you incorrectly.
You should be sorry!!! uhm...link me the map and I will make sure I have the resources for it. Or just tell me the sets needed.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 25th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

Oh yeah um, Ry, are you bringing the tiles for the pick-up games? I had you earmarked from when you said something about it a few weeks ago. You know my collection is pitiful, but we could just stick to mine if you don't want to bring anything extra, or if u only want to bring enough for one map we can use my stuff for the others.

The R˙chean umlaut thing is inserted automatically by the system when the HTML page renders. It does not change the actual text of your post, so if you go to edit the post it's not there. It's just a cool new site feature I found recently.

FlynSqrl, no need to know what any of the figs do. HS is cool enough that you don't need to know in order to have a fun time.

rym and Dr L, I don't really need to know who is bringing what, only that you two have it all covered one way or the other. Even if EOV is forgotten I do have a set of my own.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old July 25th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by funrun View Post
rym and Dr L, I don't really need to know who is bringing what, only that you two have it all covered one way or the other. Even if EOV is forgotten I do have a set of my own.
Yeah, we've got it figured out. It's just a matter of trying to make the other one look stupid before we even to Sunday. Apparently, it's proven to be not too difficult at all.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old July 25th, 2008, 08:59 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Talking Re: Dallas "Epic" Game Day (July 27) - RULES & ARMIES ON P1

In 2 days we battle!
YIS!
In a different accent, Yes!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society." ~ Mark Twain
Old July 26th, 2008, 11:00 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hey guys, since I won't be participating in the main event I'd be more than happy to help people play test any armies they may want to try out. That is, if you're looking to try your army against a certain opponent, if I have the units, I'll be more than happy to oblige.

I know the standard point value is 520, but I'm not sure what the "metagame" for GenCon this year is. If anyone has suggestions for the kind of army they'd like to play test against, I'm all ears.

EDIT: I can bring tiles for a few pick up maps, as well. I've got three ROTV, one SOTM, 2 FotA and one each of TT, VW, and RttFF. So, if there's a map anyone definitely wants to play on...

EDIT AGAIN: I checked out the thread for GenCon maps, I'll be bringing tiles to make one copy each of Embattled Fen, Fire Isles, Little Ramparts, and Winter Holdout. See you tomorrow!

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; July 27th, 2008 at 12:35 AM.
Old July 26th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
You should be sorry!!! uhm...link me the map and I will make sure I have the resources for it. Or just tell me the sets needed.
All I have is the hard copy of the build Dignan gave me. He hasn't uploaded it to the sight yet.

I did count the hexes used:

Grass--------Rock---------Snow-------Glaciers------Ice----Water
24 hex = 6---24 hex = 6---2 hex = 18---6 hex = 3--- = 33--- = 27
7 hex = 0----7 hex = 12---1 hex = 3----4 hex = 3
3 hex = 4----3 hex = 7-----------------3 hex = 3
2 hex = 0----2 hex = 3-----------------1 hex = 3
1 hex = 6----1 hex = 3

It's pretty heavy on the rock and glaciers...

If it's too much I can look through 3 player maps that are already uploaded to the sight.

Or maybe someone else could pitch in?

Tmac2200 (& his friend) and I need an arena for our soon to be epic match!

EDIT: added an image and I'm (attempting) to upload the map to the sight now. Soon as I do I will add a link.

EDIT: Here's the link:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...do=file&id=762

Last edited by DrLivingston; July 26th, 2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Sorry for the hard to read table format(-). Formatting spaces is apparently beyound my ability.
Old July 26th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

It's been a few pages since we had the player's list posted, so I just wanted to check if this is still accurate? This even number will be nice!

1. funrun: terrain for 2 pickup games
2. Grungebob
3. rym: figures and cards for some armies
4. DrLivingston: terrain for epic map, figures and cards for some armies
5. Strange
6. Squadshed
7. R˙chean: terrain for pickup games
8. podwest
9. markwars
10. DFlynSqrl
11. spiderM9
12. dragon
13.Tmac2200
14.Tmac2200's dad

Don't forget to bring your own drinks, $5 cash, and any figures, cards, dice, and markers you need for pickup games.

See you tomorrow!

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events