Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old July 24th, 2008, 03:18 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
Re: New Site: Unresolved Issues

It brings you to the last unread post in a thread, not necessarily the newest post.

DWARVES!
Old July 24th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
It brings you to the last unread post in a thread, not necessarily the newest post.
I understand this, but in this thread, clicking on that icon brings me to the first post of the current thread, dating back to June. I have read the posts in this thread many times since that one, yet it constantly brought me to the sam post at the top of the page.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 24th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
I understand this, but in this thread, clicking on that icon brings me to the first post of the current thread, dating back to June. I have read the posts in this thread many times since that one, yet it constantly brought me to the sam post at the top of the page.

Jim
It's something wonky with the php. The link in my new thread notification e-mail looks like this:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...9&goto=newpost

The site takes that and turns it into this:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...498#post627498

Except when the error happens, and then the site spits out this:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...=17519&page=19

You can see that what the site is supposed to do is point you at a specific thread. Instead we sometimes get the weirdness of it just pointing us at a specific page.

This is one of the things I miss from the old site since the old site just gave us the direct post link in the notification emails and didn't need to figure out what post we should be looking at.

This gets especially frustrating when a good discussion has gotten going and you're directed much farther down the line than you should be because the site has deemed certain posts (whether you've seen them or not) as no longer new.
Old July 26th, 2008, 08:03 PM

Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness Soul Shackle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Is it true (as brought up here) that spell check doesn't work on the thread's title when you create a thread. I didn't want to create a thread just to find out. If not, could that be fixed?

EDIT: bunjee answers the question in that same thread here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee View Post
Although it is unfortunate that the thread title is not included in the spell check, I don't think it is something we will be able to fix ourselves. I suggest copying the title into the body for spell check purposes.

Last edited by Soul Shackle; July 28th, 2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old July 29th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:

Jim
I think this may have to do with the daily noon/midnight new thread reset that has been noted here. Funky stuff seems to happen to the New Posts counts if you are logged in when your time zone switches to noon or midnight. Jim I see you live in Cali, and your post noting the mishap is marked in my page in the 2PM CST hour, which should be right after noon in Cali.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old July 29th, 2008, 05:04 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

pssst.. Jim lives in Massachussettes...Wind Lane lives in Cali
Old July 29th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Wind Lane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This is another one that isn't really that important, but I figured I'd just share it.

About 10pm PST the site becomes very slow and much less responsive. It goes back to normal after about an hour, but it's like there's too many members on.

Is that when the server gets its nightly maintenance run?
Old July 29th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

Oops, wrong person! I don't know exactly why the server does the noon midnight thing or if that is the cause of the problem you are reporting. I also don't know why it would b e slow at 10PM PST, but it is certainly possible it does an index then, which would be 12AM CST and 1AM EST.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old July 29th, 2008, 05:44 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane View Post
This is another one that isn't really that important, but I figured I'd just share it.

About 10pm PST the site becomes very slow and much less responsive. It goes back to normal after about an hour, but it's like there's too many members on.

I don't know if this is it for sure, but sometimes our internet gets real slow, or simply doesn't work for short periods of time. It's either our router-thingy or our internet provider having trouble/doing maintenance.
Does this happen every night? I've never noticed, that's why I think it might be on your side.
Old July 29th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Thanosiest Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind Lane View Post

I don't know if this is it for sure, but sometimes our internet gets real slow, or simply doesn't work for short periods of time. It's either our router-thingy or our internet provider having trouble/doing maintenance.
Does this happen every night? I've never noticed, that's why I think it might be on your side.
It happens every night, but only with this site. Once upon a time ('97 - '9 I did low level tech work and know to test things to try and zero in on the source of the problem.
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:17 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Here is something weird I have noticed...if I post in a thread and my post becomes the first post on a new page of that thread the hex in my USER CP list shows that there is a new post..which there isn't because the new post is mine.
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It does that to me too.

14568 wins, -3 losses.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online