Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old July 20th, 2008, 10:41 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Dallas "Epic" Game Day on one GIANT Map (July 27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I am not sure of that age of you and your friend tmac, but I know Strange and Squadshed are in their teens.

I want to make something clear here just becasue I don't want to put any of the "of age" adults in a compromising situation. There will be alcoholic beverages at this event. Obviously, we will not be serving under age participants alcohol but I do hope that the parents of anyone under age are fully aware that adults will be consuming alcohol. Some parent's frown heavily upon such a situation and would not want their adolescent boys anywhere near such an event without their direct supervision. This is not meant to deter anyone form attending. It is basically a disclaimer to protect all parties. I know, as a parent, I would want to know of this situation if I was allowing my 14 year old son to attend without me.

That is all I have to say about that.
Friend=Dad

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society." ~ Mark Twain
Old July 20th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Friend=Dad
Oh, sheesh...Now we got DrL threatening to beat up on Tmac and his dad. You bully you, DrL!

<walking away, shaking head in disgust>

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old July 21st, 2008, 03:28 PM
Site Admin

funrun is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
I am not sure of the age of you and your friend tmac, but I know Strange and Squadshed are in their teens.

I want to make something clear here just becasue I don't want to put any of the "of age" adults in a compromising situation. There will be alcoholic beverages at this event. Obviously, we will not be serving under age participants alcohol but I do hope that the parents of anyone under age are fully aware that adults will be consuming alcohol. Some parent's frown heavily upon such a situation and would not want their adolescent boys anywhere near such an event without their direct supervision. This is not meant to deter anyone form attending. It is basically a disclaimer to protect all parties. I know, as a parent, I would want to know of this situation if I was allowing my 14 year old son to attend without me.

That is all I have to say about that.
Thank you for writing a disclaimer for me. I will mention this more prominently in the first post.

funrun's HS Repaints
Read my blog for interesting randomness as it comes to me.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 12:51 AM
Site Admin

Here's the final menu:
-funrun's handmade speciality hamburgers with cheese
-buns, mayo, ketchup, yellow mustard, dill pickles spears
-Lays potato chips
-bell peppers and cucumbers
-Bacon N Cheese dip (for the veggies and chips)
-funrun's homemade strawberry trifle (takes like strawberry cream pie and strawberry shortcake)

$5 each covers each person for a 1/3+ pound hamburger and everything listed above. This also covers, plates, spoons, and napkins. All drinks are NOT included, it's BYOB.

I've got the rules done, just waiting to finish the armies before I post that part.

funrun's HS Repaints
Old July 23rd, 2008, 01:07 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Cool. I like the menu.
Also, Hoping for an Elf Army.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society." ~ Mark Twain

Last edited by Tmac2200; July 23rd, 2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 02:33 PM

Strange has disabled reputation
Re: Dallas "Epic" Game Day (July 27) - RULES & ARMIES ON P1

Sweet. This is going to be very interesting.

By the way, will figures be provided if we don't have all of the units we're assigned? <hopes to play Monks/Woo/Kaemon>

Whatever does not kill me has made a tactical error.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 03:48 PM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness

After reading all of the battle conditions for each "map" I'm primed for this event! And once I read the menu I was even more ready!

Thanks for doing this funrun.

Old July 23rd, 2008, 04:09 PM
Site Admin

I do need people to volunteer to bring those armies and cards. If there is an entire army listed on Page 1 that you can provide all figures and cards, please let me know. You are welcome to bring more than one army, but you are not guaranteed to play that army in the game since these assignments will be made by your General on the day of the event.

From an organizing standpoint the above method would certainly be easiest to be able to track who owns what by an entire army instead of tracking that person X brought half the figures in Army 2 and person Z brought the other half. It will also make set up easier for each person to bring a few armies and plop them down on the board, rather than if one person brought their whole collection and we had to sort through it all that morning.

I should point out that I worked in a few people's requests, such as:
-Braxas vs. Cyprien
-Elf army
-Kaemon Awa

funrun's HS Repaints

Last edited by funrun; July 23rd, 2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:19 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Man, I am so jazzed about this thing. I can't wait.

funrun, if you haven't already gotten people to, I can bring Army B,3,4,5,6,G, & H

Don't have enough of some of the other commons to bring those.

Just let me know.

And thanks for putting this together. It sounds awesome!

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:28 PM
Site Admin

Thanks Rym!

Please sign up if you can bring any of the armies' figures and cards listed in the first post. Copy this list and put your name wherever you can.

A. ___
B. Rym
C. ___
D. ___
E. ___
F. ___
G. Rym
H. Rym

1. ___
2. ___
3. Rym
4. Rym
5. Rym
6. Rym
7. ___
8. ___

funrun's HS Repaints
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:52 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Talking Re: Dallas "Epic" Game Day (July 27) - RULES & ARMIES ON P1

I am so looking forward to this event!

Old July 23rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just finished reading the armies and scenarios--this is going to be soooo cool! Thank you funrun!

Funrun and/or R˙chean--could one of the pick-up games be a 3 player map? I have a map that Dignan came up with if map instructions/ideas are needed for one.

Armies I can bring:

A. DrLivingston
B. Rym
C. DrLivingston
D. DrLivingston
E. DrLivingston
F. DrLivingston
G. Rym
H. Rym

1. DrLivingston
2. DrLivingston
3. Rym
4. Rym
5. Rym
6. Rym
7. DrLivingston
8. DrLivingston

I was looking over how Generals and Lieutenants were picked--basically a school yard pick. I was wondering if we could save rym the embarrassment of getting picked last by having the Generals select their Lieutenants in secret? Just trying to spare a good guy's feelings...

Last edited by DrLivingston; July 23rd, 2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Okay, I admit it-I was always picked last for dodgeball. Very traumatic. Don't make me relive the shame...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events