Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 7th, 2012, 08:01 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Borg Samurai and Sci Fi In 2012

Richard Borg games are among my favorites these days; I have them all, including all of their expansions:

Commands and Colors Ancients (Rome, Alexander, Sparta) by GMT
Battle Lore (Medieval/Fantasy) by FFG; formerly Days of Wonder
C & C Napoleonics (France, Britain, Spain with other Allies coming) by GMT
Battle Cry (Civil War and new 150th Anniversary Edition) by Hasbro
Memoir 44 (World War II--all major ground theaters) by Days of Wonder

American Rev is coming too. And since Richard and his pals have many other subjects and expansions in the works, he mentioned that a strong contender for the future will be a naval version for Ancients.

Recently I read a thread on boardgamegeek.com about him being their January Designer of the Month. There he revealed two new games of his for 2012 with different companies:

Samurai Battles ($80, Zvesda) C&C Rules, including Dragon Cards, Fortune, and Honor with new 1/72 miniatures (and another system of rules is included as well).

Abbadon Based on the old Sci Fi computer game (according to a pal of mine), this will be a non C&C board game but with a similar feel.

Just thought I'd pass this info on.

Last edited by chas; February 7th, 2012 at 08:07 AM.
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:20 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Borg Samurai and Sci Fi In 2012

I'm actually going to meet him in July
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:34 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Cool. I usually see him at HMGS wargaming conventions. He's the Perfect Nice Guy. He knows me vaguely as "That Guy Who Buys Everything He Publishes."

In March at Cold Wars Con (Lancaster, PA) I'll be in his Memoir 44 version of Operation Olympic, the hypothetical late war invasion of Japan (if The Bomb hadn't worked).

Here's my favorite Borg story from that boardgamgeek thread:

"What was your most difficult game designing challenge?"

"I was in the offices of Marvel discussing changes to my X-Men Alert game (Pressman) when Stan Lee came by and said 'Why don't you do a card game too, and have it for me next week?' So I also designed Deck The Mutants, which was not a bad little game for one with only a week's development."

Last edited by chas; February 7th, 2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:36 AM
has been BANNED

I'll tell him you said hello..LOL
Old February 7th, 2012, 09:40 AM

Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Fi Skirata is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Richard Borg games are among my favorites these days; I have them all, including all of their expansions:

Commands and Colors Ancients (Rome, Alexander, Sparta) by GMT
Battle Lore (Medieval/Fantasy) by FFG; formerly Days of Wonder
C & C Napoleonics (France, Britain, Spain with other Allies coming) by GMT
Battle Cry (Civil War and new 150th Anniversary Edition) by Hasbro
Memoir 44 (World War II--all major ground theaters) by Days of Wonder

American Rev is coming too. And since Richard and his pals have many other subjects and expansions in the works, he mentioned that a strong contender for the future will be a naval version for Ancients.

Recently I read a thread on boardgamegeek.com about him being their January Designer of the Month. There he revealed two new games of his for 2012 with different companies:

Samurai Battles ($80, Zvesda) C&C Rules, including Dragon Cards, Fortune, and Honor with new 1/72 miniatures (and another system of rules is included as well).

Abbadon Based on the old Sci Fi computer game (according to a pal of mine), this will be a non C&C board game but with a similar feel.

Just thought I'd pass this info on.
Are the minis compatible with 'scape?
Old February 7th, 2012, 10:11 AM
has been BANNED

no too small

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games