Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old June 9th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
NBA Finals

Mavs 90
Heat 80

Very nice win for the Mavs considering the way the game started and the fact that Dirk and Josh had terrible nights. After giving up 31 in the first quarter we held Shaq and Wade and company to 49 points over the final three quarters. No one can say that the Mavs can't play defense.

What are you folks thoughts? Are there other fans out there or am I the only one here?

Old June 9th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
I am an NBA fan (go Grizzlies), but I must admit that I don't know how excited I am about these finals.

I just think these darn playoffs have gone on way to long. What are we in our 5th month now???

I have a personal preference for the Heat but that is just me, I don't really know why.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old June 9th, 2006, 10:43 AM

AgentX-127 Woo who?
I was watching the Pistons, but now that they got knocked out I don't really want to reward the Heat, so I'm cheering on the Mavs.
Old June 9th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Resident Artist

hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby! hextr1p rolls all skulls baby!
I'm a huge basketball fan, and I must admit that I AM very excited about these Finals. I've been excited about the NBA Playoffs as a whole, even after the Lakers got knocked off by the Suns. I agree with analysts that this has been the best series of playoffs in quite some time. And I can see these Finals being extremely competitive as well. I'm not even sure who to cheer for, as I like both teams equally. This is just a fun series to watch.

.:: .H3X.™ | aka, PushesPixels :: SotW 31 ::.
"An out of print game is not unplayable. It is simply more treasured."
Old June 9th, 2006, 10:56 AM

DFlynSqrl is surprisingly tart
Go Mav's

Since I'm a local I'm definately glad to see the Mav's in it, but as of 11AM CST time today I will be completely distracted by World Cup Soccer...
Old June 9th, 2006, 10:58 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Re: NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
What are you folks thoughts? Are there other fans out there or am I the only one here?
Other fans out here And I do like this match-up (unfortunately, not able to sit down and watch many games this playoffs - did get to watch some of the Cavs-Pistons and many of the Suns games.) Also heartening to hear the "NBA is back" routine from sport-talkers on ESPN, etc., rather than bemoaning the cultural divide and unwatchable play into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It has been fun watching Dirk take over in the playoffs (even if it was at the expense of the Suns and Spurs - my favorite teams other than the hapless Nuggets), and I am a fan of Avery Johnson from his playing days - great move by Cuban to pick him up from Denver as a seemingly meaningless tack-on in the trade with Denver a few years ago (or maybe it was just dumb luck )

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old June 9th, 2006, 11:04 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker
I'm a fan, I'll be watching as much as possible, I thought Miami was going to whip the Mavs cause they were having a great game, once the Mavs got going the crowd energized them I'm routing for a good series
Old June 9th, 2006, 12:42 PM

Lakai has disabled reputation
I am a huge fan of the Mavs! I was actually really nervious about last nights game, but thankfully the mavs started to come alive after the 1st and play some basketball. All I have to say is GO MAVS GO!
Old June 9th, 2006, 12:48 PM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakai
I am a huge fan of the Mavs! I was actually really nervious about last nights game, but thankfully the mavs started to come alive after the 1st and play some basketball. All I have to say is GO MAVS GO!
That is the "good" part of having one's team knocked out early - stress free enjoyment Of course the bad part, nothing really at stake to be stressed about

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old June 9th, 2006, 02:29 PM
has been BANNED

reapersaurus is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'm a big NBA fan.
Yes, they've been taking too long since the playoffs started - what's with the big lay-off inbetween Conference Finals and NBA finals, anyway?

I'm rooting for Dallas simply because they don't have a free agent '*****' that joined their team specifically to win a championship for pennies-on-the-dollar, and because they don't have Shaq on their team.

Dallas is also a step in the right direction, showing that a good offense and OK defense can win in this league. I think the refs have finally wised up SOME and stopped letting defenders get away with so much raping of the ballhandler.
Of course, it's a few years too late for my Sacto Kings, but it makes for better basketball overall for the NBA to realize that fans like to see offense.
Old June 9th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I love basketball. I just wish they'd fix the playoffs. There's nothing like a sub .500 East Conference team(s) making the playoffs when over .500 West Conference team(s) don't. I wish they'd take the top 16 teams in the league and match them up with 1 playing 16, etc. That way the finals would have theoretically been Dallas vs San Antonio. The broken system they have had what should have been in the finals in the second round. If you can't tell, I'm partial to the Spurs.

That said, I do like the match up for the finals. I can see either team winnning, but I have to go with the Mavs for their depth. Their is a big part of me that wishes Shaq will win one sans Kobe.
Old June 9th, 2006, 04:11 PM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
I love basketball. I just wish they'd fix the playoffs. There's nothing like a sub .500 East Conference team(s) making the playoffs when over .500 West Conference team(s) don't. I wish they'd take the top 16 teams in the league and match them up with 1 playing 16, etc. That way the finals would have theoretically been Dallas vs San Antonio. The broken system they have had what should have been in the finals in the second round. If you can't tell, I'm partial to the Spurs.
The conference seeding is broken. Dallas and the Spurs would have played each other in the Conference Finals. I think Stern said that they would change that next year.
But the NBA finals should always be East vs West. I wouldn't watch if there were 2 west coast teams in the NBA finals.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General