Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old January 20th, 2020, 11:46 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Flash_19's Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
-Orz very much outpaced the deathknights in the build as so never had any opportunity to use barge into battle. I maybe could have used a different bonder first (like setting up an Air Elemental with a vortex screen) and let the battle come to me, but I preferred to draw out some figures with the Nakitas and then hit them hard and fast with Orz. To utilize Barge I would have had to let the Nakitas get engaged first or lead with deathknights and a different bonder first.
-Once I declined to activate Orz while engagd with a Regiment AND deathknight in fear of being forced to attack the deathknight (used an Air Elemental instead)
-Barge into Battle is a bit odd on a hero since there won't be back forces being brought up by Barge ala the HSB. In thoery there are engaged deathknights spread out that he can Barge towards to get a greater variety of movement and attacks, but it didn't play out in this game and seems relatively harder to do with only 2 deathknights per squad and them being expensive so not many to go around typically.
-The image of the mini makes him look like he's wearing a helmet, but he's labaled a cyclops so I guess he is. Evil Eye instead of Barge would make a fun combo (since there are a couple of scap cyclops with that), but maybe the mini doesn't dictate it.
-He did play a lot like the ogre except at single space he was easier to maneuver and easier to avoid with friendly fire.
-He performed well and was a fun unit. Barge wasn't useful in this game although it was just one game. It might work better with a secondary melee squad where he and a strike force of DKs come in after. He did share some similarities in play to the Ogre.
This was very helpful. Thanks!

Yeah - the powers seem to fit the design that I'm going for, but it definitely doesn't feel right yet. I think I want to back off from the Warhulk's space, and try to give him some sort of multiple attack potential (maybe a Cleave-type special?) that fits a berserker with a giant axe. Though the Warhulk's special fits that concept really well of a berserker blind with rage attacking everything within range if possible.

What would you think about something like this (rough draft):
Quote:
Battleaxe Berserker
Orz may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. For each additional figure that Orz attacks this turn, he loses one defense dice until the next time you reveal an order marker.
That is kinda harsh, but maybe there's a way to balance it up a little more. Maybe each additional attack increases the chance that he will lose up to a maximum of 2 defense dice, and at the end of Battleaxe Berserker you roll a D-20 to see if that penalty activates. Sorry - I'm just spitballing here...

Quote:
Battleaxe Berserker
Orz may attack any or all figures adjacent to him. After attacking, roll the 20-sided die. For each figure that Orz attacked this turn, add 2 to your die roll. If you roll a 19 or higher, reduce Orz's defense value by 2 until the next time you reveal an order marker.
I dunno. I'd love to hear what people think!

EDIT: Taking a wound sounds more thematic to me (why would flailing around a giant axe make him less capable of defending himself? but accidently wounding himself in his bloodlust? that sounds more thematic). And it's probably less punishing than losing 2 defense dice - that would be a pretty severe consequence

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 22nd, 2020, 02:27 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Id love some thoughts on this guy from anyone willing to give it.

The figure seems to be generally disliked, but it just feels so negelcted (and so many people already have it!).

Here's the card:

Does it make more sense to have Scrambled Communications only effect enemy Soulborgs? Would that feel too limiting?

After playing with the Mindflayer Mastermind, a special attack that doesn't require LOS is really cool, but 4 spaces always felt so limiting, but I understand the need to keep the range reigned in. Is 5 spaces too far?

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old February 22nd, 2020, 11:05 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Really like this power combo. Very cool ideas. Only suggestion would be to Remove everything after the “Add 1 to your die roll” clause in Scrambled Communications. It’s already a cool power to switch OM’s of your opponents and I actually REALLY like that tactically rather than removing it entirely. The buff to the D20 roll just makes it a little too complicated and it’s a really cool simple power without it! Heck, you could even lower the roll if he’s playing too weak on that power. But yeah well done!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old February 24th, 2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Really like this power combo. Very cool ideas. Only suggestion would be to Remove everything after the “Add 1 to your die roll” clause in Scrambled Communications. It’s already a cool power to switch OM’s of your opponents and I actually REALLY like that tactically rather than removing it entirely. The buff to the D20 roll just makes it a little too complicated and it’s a really cool simple power without it! Heck, you could even lower the roll if he’s playing too weak on that power. But yeah well done!
Thanks so much for that feedback Sir H! And I like your idea for simplifying Scrambled Communications - I agree with your assessment.

Old February 24th, 2020, 10:15 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Just want to throw it out there, maybe call it Armor piercing rounds instead of puncturing rounds. Are puncturing rounds even a thing. Just going off my knowledge of actual types of rounds and ballistics knowledge. There are ballistic tip rounds and armor piercing rounds which would describe what you are after best, also fmg (full metal jacket) rounds designed to go through soft targets and hollow points to do maximum damage to soft targets by spreading out as soon as they hit a target. There are a few more less common types of military rounds as well. Simplified communications looks good. Id say spray that mini black and give it a paintjob. The only thing I dont like about the robot is the blocked colors that arent really cohesive as a colorscheme.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old February 24th, 2020, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Just want to throw it out there, maybe call it Armor piercing rounds instead of puncturing rounds. Are puncturing rounds even a thing. Just going off my knowledge of actual types of rounds and ballistics knowledge. There are ballistic tip rounds and armor piercing rounds which would describe what you are after best, also fmg (full metal jacket) rounds designed to go through soft targets and hollow points to do maximum damage to soft targets by spreading out as soon as they hit a target. There are a few more less common types of military rounds as well. Simplified communications looks good. Id say spray that mini black and give it a paintjob. The only thing I dont like about the robot is the blocked colors that arent really cohesive as a colorscheme.
I appreciate that thought TREX. I don't believe puncturing rounds are a thing. I was thinking about Armor Piercing, but didn't know if that quite fit theme wise with what I wanted - some sort of ballistic capable of traveling through materials to hit a target. TBH the name I really wanted was Railgun Special Attack, but that's already taken and is a different power altogether. But I seem to remember playing a videogame or two back in the day where a rail gun was a high powered gun that could shoot through obstacles like walls and stuff.

As I've thought about it some more, I wonder if something like Mag Rail Special Attack, or Mag Pulse Special Attack would work? From all my experience, that kind of a name seems to fit what I'm going for.... Or maybe something else worth considering is the concept of a focused laser burning through an obstacle to damage an opponent (Star Wars 8 type thing?). Might also add an important limitation to the range of the special attack if there was a qualifier that prevented movement when using that special attack. But then, he's already a slow mover anyway...

And yes. I do not love how he is painted. I think he could really shine with a different color scheme.

Old February 25th, 2020, 12:19 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
I appreciate that thought TREX. I don't believe puncturing rounds are a thing. I was thinking about Armor Piercing, but didn't know if that quite fit theme wise with what I wanted - some sort of ballistic capable of traveling through materials to hit a target. TBH the name I really wanted was Railgun Special Attack, but that's already taken and is a different power altogether. But I seem to remember playing a videogame or two back in the day where a rail gun was a high powered gun that could shoot through obstacles like walls and stuff.

As I've thought about it some more, I wonder if something like Mag Rail Special Attack, or Mag Pulse Special Attack would work? From all my experience, that kind of a name seems to fit what I'm going for.... Or maybe something else worth considering is the concept of a focused laser burning through an obstacle to damage an opponent (Star Wars 8 type thing?). Might also add an important limitation to the range of the special attack if there was a qualifier that prevented movement when using that special attack. But then, he's already a slow mover anyway...

And yes. I do not love how he is painted. I think he could really shine with a different color scheme.
Naming it after a sci fi weapon from an alternate videogame universe that represents a weapon that punches through walls to hit a target would also work great. I wasnt sure what you were going for and my trigger finger got a little itchy. I need more sunshine for more hours after work so I can hit the range.

Old March 1st, 2020, 03:57 PM

Here's the current draft of Major F19. Thanks again @Sir Heroscape and @TREX for the suggestions!

All feedback is welcome!

Old March 1st, 2020, 04:47 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Looks good to me

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old March 1st, 2020, 07:21 PM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Here's the current draft of Major F19. Thanks again @Sir Heroscape and @TREX for the suggestions!

All feedback is welcome!
Looks great. Solid design. Just needs tested to confirm the point cost.

Old April 28th, 2020, 11:37 AM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

450 Points

Highways and Dieways

Glyphs: Wannok, Dagmar

-F19, Warforged x3, Agent Carr
-Minions x3, B-11 Resistance Fighters

Which units survived?
2 Minions
3 B-11s

Battle Summary
Round 1
Minions x2, B11 x1 and WF x1, F19 x2. 2nd Order marker F19 could have set up behind trees, but could not hit his special attack because the 4 move wasn't quite enough to get into range, so instead he used the road to take a normal attack of 4v6 against a Minion that was blocked.

Round 2
-Warforge move to cover
-B-11 ping F19 for 1 wound
-Warfoge cover for F19 more and kill a B-11
-Minions move (WF block an attack)
-F19 takes height and misses a 5v3 against a B-11. Scrambled orders misses on Minion
-Minions close in, killing a Warforged

Round 3
-Minions do 1w to F19 (2 total)
-WF kill 1 Minion
-Minions kill 1 WF
-F19 normal attack kills Minion, Scrambled Miss
-Minions kill F19
-Lost OM (F19)

Remainder
Warforged fought pretty evenly with the minions the rest of the way, but the Minions won out. This left Carr vs. 3 of each squads. Carr got one but then whiffed against a 4 skull

How useful were playtesting units' powers and how often did they come into play?

Attacks
4v6 blocked by Minion
5v3 blocked by B-11
5v6 kills Minion
4v6 blocked by Minion

Damage dealt: 1 Minion (33)

Scrambled Orders: 0/3

Any additional comments (theme, balance, fun factor with and against)?

-4 move was a bit stifling out of the gate on this map since the SZ goes directly into level 2 height. I had placed OM1 on Warforged, and I had to be careful to leave a spot open for F19 to land for his order markers. It also hindered him from getting a special attack off from behind tree cover on a B-11. The move restriction caused him to fall back on the road and take some ground there. Once he was there the special attack never was a factor as there was always a target within range for the higher attack normal attack.

-I could have had one opportunity for the special attack on this map, but I couldn't get within range, after that I always had an enemy within sight, so the normal attack was more beneficial. I don't know if it makes thematic sense, but if the ranges were swapped on the normal and special attack, it would probably be more of a decision point. Just thinking to something like Tul-Bak who has a no LOS on a special attack (though much smaller). It just rarely comes up. This map was also heavy in tree cover, which is much different than Ruin cover, so maybe a more ruin in the battlefield map would make a difference. (or something like Desperado)

-As for this one game, 110 seemed high. Honestly if you made the special attack affect 2 targets, that would go a long way (like DCM3 Explosive Rounds). Keeping the ranges as is. Then I think you've got some very interesting decisions

-Does the F in F19 stand for Flash? Is this you? Are you a soulborg?????
Old April 28th, 2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
-Does the F in F19 stand for Flash? Is this you? Are you a soulborg?????
Thanks so much for that awesome feedback! I really appreciate your playtesting efforts.

As for those questions, am I the only person conceited enough to name a custom figure for a game after their screen name on an internet forum?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards