Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old August 28th, 2008, 11:53 AM

slobberblood has disabled reputation
Heroscape Zombie attack!

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a battle report, just for your info I like to use my own scenery with Heroscape. I measure tiles and turn these into inches on the table top.

Here we go…
The scenario is a common one, survivors in the city need to escape the zombie horde, searching for survivors, and finding weapon tokens hidden in the building.

There are no points cost, basic civilians stats are written up using my patented conversion rules. The three teams are two surviving forces, Swat teams (using Nakita Agents, and Microcorp Agents without special powers.) and civilians about a squad of ten, five SWAT, five civilians. My son Jarrett and his friend Brendon took control of those forces; the zombie army is run by me.

The team survivor start on opposite sides of a six foot board in a building they already control (no zombies); they have to search the board for more survivors and the team that survives with the most people wins the game. There is six roadways going through the city scape, zombies are randomly generated, I have about 120 zombies available to me for the game.

The first turn had my son gather his forces and trying to find a car to travel through all the hordes of undead, (on a D6 roll of 6 the car will work).

The zombies could have a reaction roll if the notice any kind of activity within ten inches.

Jarrett had his swat team protect the civilians while the checked all the local cars. Some zombies start the slow walk towards their meal. Brendon’s forces did the same, but opened fire on the local zombies, making them charge forward to confront him. Brendon’s swat captain and sergeant are mauled and eaten by the horde.

He then retreats back to the protected building. Jarrett finds a working APC and after shooting up a ton of zombies heads towards Brendon’s side of the board, shooting at the passing zombies. Brendon’s troops are besieged by the undead, and can’t escape the building.

Turn two has Jarrett’s APC running through the undead hordes blasting out the window and pulling up to Brendan’s building in hopes to rescue his team.

The hordes keep on growing, Brendon’s survivors run from the building, and make it to the APC. The rest of the game, the teams could only find one other survivor and they lost a SWAT trooper trying to get them out. Over all a fun game was had and we are still working out the kinks in our house rules for Heroscape.

Captain Slobberblood
"In victory, you deserve Champagne, in defeat, you need it.” Napoleon Bonaparte
www.chaos-arts.com
Old August 28th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I'm my own grandpa

Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby! Dennys rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Heroscape Zombie attack!

Nice Pics & Story.

Question: Is that custom made fire on the vehicles, and if so, painted cotton balls?
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys View Post
Nice Pics & Story.

Question: Is that custom made fire on the vehicles, and if so, painted cotton balls?
Those were created by me, steel wool glued to bathroom tile, then painted black, then I used paint for the fire.

Captain Slobberblood
www.chaos-arts.com
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker

Sounds like a fun game and the visual presentation is top notch.

I like your repaint of that Horrorclix figure with the blade as an HS style zombie.
Old August 28th, 2008, 01:45 PM

tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker tomcollins2000 knows what's in an order marker

Nice! always good to see more zombies
Old August 29th, 2008, 02:14 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Awesome setup! Nice report!

Old August 29th, 2008, 02:31 PM

Jedijoe9 is surprisingly tart

Yes! This is awesome! I'm a bit of a zombie fan, so I love seeing these sort of scenarios and your scenery really made it awesome. Which figure did you use in the center of the first picture? It makes an excellent zombie leader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobberblood View Post
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted a battle report, just for your info I like to use my own scenery with Heroscape. I measure tiles and turn these into inches on the table top.
How well does the conversion to inches work? I've considered it a couple times in order to avoid having to carry hexes around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slobberblood View Post
Over all a fun game was had and we are still working out the kinks in our house rules for Heroscape.
Any chance you could post all of your zombie rules? I'd love to try them out sometime

Again, great report! + rep!

Currently investing way to much time for a college student in: nerfing, heroscape, and urban exploration.

Soon moving to Greensburg, PA. 'Scape there? Let me know
Old September 7th, 2008, 02:07 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

Cool report. The setup was amazing! The house rules were great too.

Boise ID Scaper
Old September 8th, 2008, 09:54 AM

Jedijoe9, the center figure is a clone zombie from Horrorclix that I repainted. The conversion to inches works very well, I've been playing war games for about 20 years so it works better for me.
The zombie rules I will have to type up for you it's pretty cool.

Captain Slobberblood
www.chaos-arts.com
Old October 5th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Warning! Reading my posts may make you smarter

mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Really imaginative and fun scenario. I'm a big fan of zombies, myself.
Old October 5th, 2008, 01:46 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Oh boy. That's some cool stuff right there!
Looks incredibly fun. I been meaning to do something like this with my 108 Morindan Zombies! But I can't do terrain and scenery like that! Very nice urban devastation!
The fire on the automobile is very sweet.

Nice work. Lucky kids!
Old October 6th, 2008, 07:18 PM

Wike the Great is surprisingly tart

Nice battle man. Awwwwsome scenery, cool figures, great scenario (its a classic, who can resist a classic ) this game had it all!

Cake > Pie
Ska is NOT dead
Awaiting an Unofficial CoN

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports