Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old January 17th, 2020, 05:57 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!
Re: Cosmic Terrain Brainstorming Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle View Post
I'm glad you like it!

What about some movement rules like this, akin to Asteroids:

RED: Figures may enter a cosmic half-space on the edge of a map, emerging on the corresponding half-space on the opposite side as long as the figure has enough movement left to continue its movement onto a full space.

YELLOW:Figures may move in a straight line from one edge of the map to continue their movement in a straight line from the corresponding space on the opposite edge of the map. If there is no exact corresponding space, choose the space closer to the point the movement originated on (does that make sense?)

Figures may not enter the opponents start-zone using these types of movement within the first round.
Forgive me for being stupid, but what's the thematic justification here? Not seeing why space should be 'looping'. Reminds me of movement I've seen on some board-games where the map's the whole world to represent the world being round, execpt I'm not seeing that justification here.

I agree with the idea that height advantage makes zero sense in space, but we need to be thoughtful and replace it with something else - height adds a lot of strategy, and we'd risk making space battles less interesting than terestrial ones. Oddly, though, I think this could allow us to go to town more on space rules - if we're relying on an all new set of rules to make the battlefield tactically interesting after ditching height, then it's more important to make that rule set pop and be truly dynamic.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 17th, 2020, 07:14 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

What are some ideas you'd be in favor of, LO?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 17th, 2020, 07:35 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
There's not, but there's also no precedent of rolling defense dice against anything other than an attack. That's not to say we couldn't go there. I'm not convinced it's the most elegant approach, though. I suppose it's at least something to consider.

Would defense modifiers come into play?
I would assume not, because like thrown DO's, they are not normal or special attacks, so defense modifiers do not come into play.

And LO, I think I was having too much fun thinking of the map as possibly functioning like the classic game Asteroids, where, like Pac-Man, disappearing to one side causes reappearing on the other.

But speaking of asteroids, if we're having chunks of rock floating around in space, maybe constant movement could be their feature.

Are numbered 6D's ever used in C3G? Perhaps, at the end of each round, for each asteroid, roll the 6D to see which direction the asteroid moves in, with each number corresponding to the direction of a hex face.

6 2
5 3

Players either decide where 1 is in relation to all players, or players take turns rolling for each asteroid, with 1 facing away from the player rolling, and 4 being toward the player rolling.

The smaller the # of rock tiles making up spaces on the asteroid, the more spaces it moves.

1 hex asteroids move 6 spaces in the direction of the number rolled, 5 hex asteroids move 2 spaces. 6-7 hex asteroids move 1 space
8+ hex asteroids do not move in any direction.

Asteroids will stop directional movement if coming into contact with a figure or other terrain. Roll 1 unblockable attack die for collision damage to the figure on asteroids 1-3 hexes, 2 dice for asteroids 4+ hexes.
Figures with super strength roll one less attack die for collision damage.

Might encourage some nice big asteroids to serve as stationary battlegrounds, and smaller floaty ones for non-fliers to ride around on, leading to epic moments of two 'roid riders clashing into one another at the end of a round.
The non Super Strengthened would be better off standing on asteroids while they suffocate, rather than being crushed. It might even be a faster form of transportation for those with super-strength and flying, though unpredictable.
Old January 17th, 2020, 07:50 PM
Casing the Corners

toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness toyhandle wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Maybe figures with super strength may instead choose to attack an adjacent asteroid with a normal attack. Asteroids do not have life, instead, all skulls rolled count as spaces moved away in a straight line away from the figure.

EDIT Figures standing on a moved asteroid do not roll for disengagement.
Old January 17th, 2020, 09:38 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'd forgotten that throwing DOs functions like a different type of attack that you roll defense against. So we do have some precedent, if not really for terrain in particular.

So something like if a figure ends its turn occupying a Cosmic Space, roll two attack dice against it and they roll defense? Maybe something progressive, like two + X attack dice where X = the number of Wound Markers on their Army Card? We wouldn't necessarily have to do a SS/non-SS divide then, as it'd just be using defense as a general toughness rating.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old January 18th, 2020, 12:26 AM
Casing the Corners

Hmm, maybe I need to read some of the most iconic comic space battles, or the ones that really gave an interesting idea of superheroes fighting in space.

I think of space in the Fantastic Four, and how detrimental it was to them*.

It could be an ever looming threat. At the end of R1, Roll two, each character rolls defense dice separately. R2, roll 3, and so on.
Maybe characters with no Superstrength roll one less defense die?

EDIT
*Maybe just The Thing
Old January 18th, 2020, 12:28 AM
Casing the Corners

What if:

Any character ending their movement on a Cosmic Space automatically has height advantage over their target. After the turn ends, height is determined normally.
Old January 18th, 2020, 01:04 AM
Casing the Corners

Maybe on top of rolling one less defense die, characters without super strength also roll one less defense die each around, so end of round skulls eventually become auto wounds.

The idea of cosmic tiles giving auto-height advantage on that turn is to give the sense that when moving in space, these characters want to move vertically to where it's best for them to be. Even non-fliers are basically flying, or falling with style. But things are always also always shifting in space.

With the asteroids idea I put up earlier, the ideas make it so super strengthened folk are less cautious about moving around in space, as they are more resilient to space debris.
Figures without Super Strength are going to want to head for terrain by the end of the round, or else risk getting slammed into, so there will be competition for those spaces.
The possibility of having a large asteroid sent hurling toward even a super strength character isn't ideal, because two unblockable attack dice isn't good for pretty much anyone. So even those with Super Strength and flying may still want to head for terrain.

With the ability to knock asteroids around and asteroid positions being reset before every round, I think it could make order marker placement and movement really interesting. There's pros and con's to being on both types of spaces, and it captures the dangers of outerspace, and the dangers of asteroid fields that C3P0 was talking about.
Old January 18th, 2020, 01:48 AM
Casing the Corners

I feel like cosmic tiles should not allow super leap, but asteroid tiles should allow super leap in single directions, up to the maximum number of moves available to the character.

EDIT:
Or, I think I'm being too rigid with movement. These are superheroes after all, they know what they're doing.
I don't want non-fliers to be too disadvantaged. Straight line movement ok, but they move however # of spaces they want and are allowed.

EDIT 2*
Cosmic tiles should not allow super leap, but terrain tiles should allow super leap in single directions, unless moving onto and off of other terrain tiles.

EDIT 3**
What if all figures gain SPACE LEAP on a cosmic map?
Or maybe it's not a good idea to have tiles bestow abilities onto units.
Maybe all asteroid tiles allow a SPACE LEAP type movement?

Last edited by toyhandle; January 18th, 2020 at 02:10 AM.
Old January 18th, 2020, 07:25 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
What are some ideas you'd be in favor of, LO?
I'm not really sure, but if I come up with anything, I'll let you know! It's certainly a tricky one, and I don't think this is something we could rush. This is a big deal and I'd rather see it awesome in 3 years than okay in 1.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old January 18th, 2020, 07:53 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

3 years? I guess Buildings have been simmering twice that long.
Old January 18th, 2020, 08:02 AM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
3 years? I guess Buildings have been simmering twice that long.
Look, I'm up for those, chap! Push the ideas and people will listen, but vague dreams will only go so far.

The problem there seems to be logistics, sadly, but I'm sure we can make it work - just keep pushing!

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library