Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old December 1st, 2019, 10:53 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

I had fun in a 3.5 campaign, running two Half-orcs - Melikon, and Lawful Evil Shadow Mage, and Shard, a Lawful Neutral Brawler. They were brothers, and both classes were from third party D20 books.

Old December 1st, 2019, 10:54 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

My character doesn't make any of the group decisions, I'm just some added muscle for the fights really and add some flavor/humor during the role playing sections by doing non-consequential antics. I roll all my characters dice in front of everyone else so everything is out in the open. Growing up I played DND with my older brother and his best friend quite a bit, his friend was the DM and ran a character way back then so we'd have a 3 character group and thus more skill positions filled. Worked out well since his character could hint at the direction we needed to go on any time we got too far off track or missed a clue or something. This is my first serious attempt at being a DM and it seems to be working out pretty well for us.
Old December 2nd, 2019, 06:45 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Cool. I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever try to DM.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old December 2nd, 2019, 11:22 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Years ago I used to play a comic relief character who was actually the "Assistant GM." So I'd hint possibilites to newbies they hadn't thought of, while not being threatening in any way. This seemed to work well as a teaching method to bring others up to speed. I won a "Most helpful To Dungeon Master" prize at an early convention many moons ago, doing that kind of thing.
Old December 2nd, 2019, 11:35 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm going to be starting a Mazes & Minotaurs campaign with only 3 players on Saturday. I'm going to give each of them a servant to their hero so they'll have 6 characters to play with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old December 2nd, 2019, 06:09 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Some creative stuff fellas

Old December 5th, 2019, 09:23 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

We have been playing Res Arcana for the last few days at work. Great game and can't wait for the expansion. Busting out Techno Bowl with McFadden 20 rules today.
Old December 5th, 2019, 08:04 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
We have been playing Res Arcana for the last few days at work. Great game and can't wait for the expansion. Busting out Techno Bowl with McFadden 20 rules today.
Love Res Arcana. It’s an excellent game. Do you play with the drafting variant or do you just deal out a hand for each player?
Old December 6th, 2019, 11:40 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by akden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Love Res Arcana. It’s an excellent game. Do you play with the drafting variant or do you just deal out a hand for each player?
Definitely draft. Then the blame is squarely on you instead of the cards you were dealt. We should play 3-4 player next time you come to the store as a starter/filler game.

Can't wait to start Tainted Grail this weekend and possibly Trickerion with Dahlgaard's Academy and the Dawn of Technology expansions. Although really want to play Trismegistus again too. Tough choices.
Old December 12th, 2019, 11:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

I've been playing a lot of Marvel Champions living card game lately. I've gotten 13 games played, and while that may not be a lot to some that are playing the game, I've also been playing Fallout Wasteland Warfare tabletop miniatures game a decent amount as well.

Back to Marvel Champions, I have only scratched the surface of this game. This game I played today, was the first time I played other than against the basic villain of Rhino 1 and 2. Today I played against Rhino 2 and 3. Tougher for sure, but I was playing as Spiderman with the Justice aspect and Captain Marvel with the Leadership aspect. Such fun playing these 2 heroes. Was able to get threat off schemes pretty easily and chip away at Rhino's health with attacks by the heroes and allies.

Very fun. Can't wait to try a couple other heroes against Rhino 2 and 3. Then move on to Klaw.

Old December 13th, 2019, 09:04 PM
Prickly Cactus

Ok, now I'll have to move on to Klaw. I just beat Rhino on expert mode again, this time with Black Panther and Iron Man.

This was interesting with these 2 heroes, as they are both reliant on getting their tech upgrades out into play. They both also can cycle through their decks pretty good , with abilities or cards that have them draw from their deck. Of all the heroes, I have only cycled through Iron Man's deck once before. This game had me cycle through both decks completely. After you shuffle your discard pile to form your new deck, you take an encounter card from the enemy deck and deal with that. Kind of a penalty for getting through your deck.

Also, this was my 14th game and the first time a hero's nemesis came out. There's a card in the villain deck that when revealed as an encounter card and not a boost card, it has you take your nemesis that was out of play, and have him engaged with the hero. Then you add the nemesis side scheme next to the main scheme, and finally, shuffle the encounter cards for the nemesis into the villain encounter deck. The nemesis I got in this game was Whiplash for Iron Man. It certainly added another cool element to the game.

Old December 14th, 2019, 05:23 PM
Prickly Cactus

3 more games of Marvel Champions living card game.

I stayed up late last night to try playing against Klaw, with Black Panther and Iron Man as my heroes. Iron Man got knocked out and Black Panther wasn't far behind.

I tried the same pair of heroes again today vs Klaw and pretty much the same result, though I believe it was the threshold of the 2nd main scheme got exceeded. I probably should have taken a mulligan for both heroes original card draw, as they both struggled to get their key upgrades out into play in order to get the most out now them. But, perhaps these two aren't the best team against Klaw. Klaw has some nasty minions and with the Masters of Evil characters in there as well, it's brutal. Tiger Shark, Radioactive Man, Whirlwind and Melter are tough.

Klaw also starts out searching his deck for a minion to engage the first player hero. He does that at the start of both schemes. So besides giving you headaches to start with, he also goes through his deck fast and if he decks out to reshuffle, you add 1 more threat to the main scheme each villain phase.

So for the last game I played, I ditched Iron Man and had Captain Marvel partner with Black Panther. This was much better, as she didn't need to ramp up getting upgrades out like Iron Man, and was able to land some powerful attacks, as well as thwart to get rid if some threat from the schemes.

Fun game, with 17 ganes played and barely scratching the surface. It will be neat to see how Captain America plays when he comes out as the next hero, and Green Goblin as the next villain in a bigger villain expansion. Heck, I still have Ultron and a ton of villain combos from the base game to dip into.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games