Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old June 1st, 2012, 04:32 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Dallas Area "Official" Tournament structure

My buddy James and I are looking to supplement the Heroscape scene with a Summoner Wars Gameday. Check out the Hotter'n A Mug Event at plaidhatgames if your interested. Thanks.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old June 2nd, 2012, 01:33 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
I'm down for a tourney in Grapevine. It will be nice to not drive over an hour for once!
Boo-hoo-hoo

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old June 2nd, 2012, 02:40 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It lives!

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Last edited by DrLivingston; June 2nd, 2012 at 02:40 AM. Reason: In a national park?
Old June 2nd, 2012, 11:54 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Almost. Our travel authorization got delayed for a couple weeks, but we're currently on track to move to South Dakota in a couple weeks.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old June 2nd, 2012, 11:13 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencerjared View Post
Almost. Our travel authorization got delayed for a couple weeks, but we're currently on track to move to South Dakota in a couple weeks.
Upon hearing this news, my wife said "*sniff* I'll miss his pompadour... Tell him I said that!"

Old June 6th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

All right, Lightbringer, you got a week to throw up this Westie tournament before I throw an Eastie thing together (at Madness).

I gots to get my 'Scape on...

Last edited by DrLivingston; June 6th, 2012 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Yeah... your "wife" said that...
Old June 6th, 2012, 10:37 PM

LightBringer has disabled reputation

Sheesh. Sorry about slow response. My wife just gave birth a few days ago, so I've had other things on my mind (a beautiful baby girl).

As for format, I kinda like the MOPs thing we did a long time ago. But I'm not stuck on that idea.

Also, if anyone wants to take the lead on this I am very fine with that (Dr. L), I just wanted to have a closer venue this time.
Old June 7th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Super Doopa

Excuses, excuses.

I do not mind heading up the event, but if you want it in Grapevine, I think you, or Velenne, or some other Westie should probably be the guy in charge.

Summer is the time for the wackiy event, so I am fine with MOPs.

Here's the formats that have been suggested recently:

1. 3 Pack Draft - Bring the figures from 3 packs of Heroscape figures. Both you and your opponent's figures form a common pool from which you both draft your armies.

2. Hodge Podge - You must bring two unique units (heroes or squads). No more than two of the units in your army may be the same, and no more than two may be from the same general.

3. MOPS - everyone brings one or two hexagonal maps (5 hexes to a side) called MOPs. The MOPs are put into groups of four and joined together to create random maps. The maps are taken apart and regrouped for each round.

Last edited by DrLivingston; June 7th, 2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Congratulations, Lightbringer!
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:15 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've never done MOPs before but I am a fan of the draft. I'm already considering my map options. Unnecessarily tall castle, swampy jungle, or all water... Ponderous.
Old June 7th, 2012, 11:27 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

If we're thinking of something crazy for the summer event. What about 'Scapeball?

Spoiler Alert!
It's just an alternate victory path that exists along with the usual "kill them all" conditions. I've personally only broke it out once, but it was a fun little diversion. It could make for a fun tournament.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old June 7th, 2012, 11:59 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm game, sounds like a fun idea.
Old June 7th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Super Doopa

I like this idea a lot. It's different. It will be fun to come up with armies. And if people just want to kill 'em all, they can.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events