Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: What to do for winter tournament structure?
1000 Draft, each player brings a 500 point army which will be drafted card by card. 1 12.50%
Capture the Flag. 0 0%
Pick your Poison, bring two 400 point armies and you will pick the opponents army 5 62.50%
regular tournament play, 500 points. 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 17th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Joseph King, Retired

Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby!
Dallas Winter tournament!

Welcome to the 2014 Dallas Texas Winter tournament! I would be very excited if you would come.

Information
Spoiler Alert!

I have posted a poll of options for you guys to choose from to be the winter tournaments. I don't really know what to do so I am making it a vote! Voting is due February 2nd!

DFW restricted list
Spoiler Alert!

Maps
Spoiler Alert!

Glyphs
Spoiler Alert!

I will need help with maps! I myself cannot supply any of the jungle, (not owning any) but I will be able to supply 1 Guardian, 1 Fire Isles, 1 Jotuns Gap or 1 Ruins of the Pine Tree Marsh.

Thank you so much to R˙chean for assisting me in the idea and creating a time to host this tournament. I am very excited to host and am very happy to be able to create my own Dallas tournament which I have wanted to do for so long.

Thanks Baxter.

Attendance:
Rexmax2
Crazybarks13
Valcor
White Knight and son
R˙chean
Dr. Livingston
Kirk
StacySensei
Boodog

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
theats, allow me to introduce you to Rexmax2 he's our personal Heroscaper entertainer .

Last edited by Rexmax2; February 16th, 2014 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Only Classic scape
Old January 17th, 2014, 08:51 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth capsocrates is a man of the cloth
Re: Dallas Winter tournament!

Hmm... I will put this one on my calendar and talk to my wife. Going to another Texas event sounds fun.

Your custom probably has too much Defense.

--

A Child of the Risen Lord
--
Oklahoma HS Events - Colorado HS Events
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Maps Customs Trades

Last edited by capsocrates; January 17th, 2014 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Although I have to wonder; what is it with you guys and Sunday tourneys?
Old January 17th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Joseph King, Retired

Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby!

Sunday tournaments, I dunno i am just going with the style

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
theats, allow me to introduce you to Rexmax2 he's our personal Heroscaper entertainer .
Old January 17th, 2014, 11:09 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If the attendance can get up, I'll attend.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society." ~ Mark Twain
Old January 18th, 2014, 12:56 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun White Knight is a penguin with a machine gun

I need to check my schedule and check with my wife, but I'd really like to come and bring 1 or both of my sons to play.
Old January 18th, 2014, 01:25 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

The Sunday thing is my fault because I work Saturdays. (like a trained monkey)

I can make this and help with maps and stuff. Thanks for taking the lead to put something together.

We could do dignan's Scraps.

...and what is this nonsense about me allowing you to host an event?

Oh and this would not be the first ever dallas winter tournament, just your first ever Dallas winter tournament

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; January 18th, 2014 at 01:40 AM. Reason: If dignan will allow us to use scraps, that is ;-)
Old January 18th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Joseph King, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
The Sunday thing is my fault because I work Saturdays. (like a trained monkey)

I can make this and help with maps and stuff. Thanks for taking the lead to put something together.

We could do dignan's Scraps.

...and what is this nonsense about me allowing you to host an event?

Oh and this would not be the first ever dallas winter tournament, just your first ever Dallas winter tournament
Oh sorry, didnt realize there had been winter tournaments before, also scraps could be fun, but i do think it will limit the type of event, for instance capture the flag would be very difficult to do with no start zones. It would also limit point values (as it says on his scraps thread) according to the size of the map.

Either way is wonderful, I would be happy to do either.

Jokes Everyday
Quote:

Last edited by Rexmax2; January 18th, 2014 at 08:57 AM.
Old January 18th, 2014, 10:40 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun Dignan is a penguin with a machine gun

Depending on the format, I'm interested in attending. I'll likely be there.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old January 19th, 2014, 10:58 AM

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexmax2 View Post
Oh sorry, didnt realize there had been winter tournaments before, also scraps could be fun, but i do think it will limit the type of event, for instance capture the flag would be very difficult to do with no start zones. It would also limit point values (as it says on his scraps thread) according to the size of the map.

scraps would be the format, not just the maps. It is a heat of battle type format. You wouldn't lay an additional format over it. You would do scraps or ctf; you wouldn't do both.

Last edited by R˙chean; January 19th, 2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Did I get the right link? Yes I did
Old January 19th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Joseph King, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexmax2 View Post

scraps would be the format, not just the maps. It is a heat of battle type format. You wouldn't lay an additional format over it. You would do scraps or ctf; you wouldn't do both.
Oh, now I see. So you are not only suggesting maps but the format.

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
Old January 19th, 2014, 01:17 PM

Well more so the format.

Dignan has made some maps for it but we can make new ones.

It is up to you; it was only a suggestion. It is something he came up with last summer and we have yet to try it out in an event format.

I haven't voted as of yet.

Old January 20th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm in!

I can help with maps as well. When the date gets closer, just PM me what you want me to bring.

I voted pick your poison, but scraps sounds good too.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events