Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 14th, 2011, 04:43 PM

CanScape has disabled reputation
FINALLY, my HS collection is complete!

...and I realize this thread will be useless without pics, but they'll be coming soon!

Today I just received the last two squads of Sacred Band to finish my collection, which I've been doing for about the last two years. That is, I owned RotV and Orm's Return for a good four years before the bug truly bit...and thanks to this site, lol, I decided that 'one of each' wasn't going to cut it.

So I decided to share this info, partly due to my happiness, but also because I've noticed an increase in the "selling my collection" posts. I know that times are tough all around, and some people just move on from the game, so I feel pretty fortunate to have achieved my goal.

It's odd how when I first got into the game, before I visited this site, I truly knew nothing about Scape. So I thank all the great contributors on this site for that, and Scape carries on through their efforts! Who knows, maybe I'll jump on the custom bandwagon someday! Pics on the way...
Old May 14th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth
Re: FINALLY, my HS collection is complete!

Congrats Canscape!
Old May 14th, 2011, 05:06 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

That's awesome! Now that you've completed that goal, you'll need something to do to fill your time. How about completing my Heroscape collection?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old May 14th, 2011, 06:17 PM

Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker Quack188 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
How about completing my Heroscape collection?
Hah, I second that! I'm quite far from having everything. Congrats!
Old May 14th, 2011, 06:50 PM

in2bator has disabled reputation

I'm only an Aquilla's Alliance, squad of Gladiatrons, and a real (non-customed) TJ and then I will be able to post this joyous news as well.

Good trades with SirGalahad, Nano*22, delphic, Talyn, Tartandoc, langfordrocks.
Old May 14th, 2011, 10:34 PM

killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker killergoat72 knows what's in an order marker

I remember when me and my dad finally finished our full collection....

Honestly I felt kind of empty inside afterwards. How about you?
Old May 14th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death! Taeblewalker is hot lava death!

Weclome to the mountain top.

Old May 15th, 2011, 12:13 AM
Christmas Custom Contest Champion

sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby! sixthflagbearer rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergoat72 View Post
I remember when me and my dad finally finished our full collection....

Honestly I felt kind of empty inside afterwards. How about you?
I am guessing your wallet felt kind of empty too

2 time winner of the Gencon Team Tournament
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revdyer View Post
Special Attacks are severely modified by death.
Trade Thread Selling most of my collection!
Old May 15th, 2011, 02:11 AM

CanScape has disabled reputation

I'll just answer a bunch of the questions rather than individually...due to laziness! First, thanks for the congrats!

Second, yeah, in a way it's kinda sad to complete the collection. I've almost considered getting two of each unique, but really, I don't think it'll be easy, and I've already got two of each large creature (which once upon a time was only Krug, in booster packs anyway)...but we'll see. The 'core' collection is done, so in my mind, it's finished. The waves were the last parts; maybe I'll throw up some "how I acquired this" with each pic. I've never really collected anything before other than some magazines. And while it does take up a bit of space, I'd sooner just mothball it all into compact rubber totes if I really need space. But that's not going to happen anytime soon. I just think, "WWWSD"?..."What Would Weirdscaper Do?"...lol, that guy's collection was a beacon of just what 'too much Scape' truly was!

I still like checking out ebay for Scape, even though I'm done with the buying. Maybe just to see how crazy the prices on the resale stuff gets, but also to see what the sealed packs go for. I've always maintained that my collection was to be played, not sealed away...but still, when you're cracking up a booster that fetches 100 USD, it's a bit disheartening (a pack of Soulborg n' Archers). I think having one of 'everything' sealed would be kinda fun, but only waaaaay back when you could get boosters for like under 10 USD...now, it's just nuts to expect the value to go up much more than what we're seeing now. But who knows?

Speaking of how I went about prioritizing what to buy, I definitely went with terrain first. Getting the final three RotVs took the better part of a year; I wasn't going to pay the nutty prices they're going for now, so I waited until some good deals were to be had on opened sets. I managed to get my TT, VW and TJ back when you could still find them for around 40 USD sealed.

My wallet has definitely taken a hit, but damn, I had a good time! And I'm quite certain that if I ever need to sell, I'll get close to what I paid for it. Well, maybe not after ebay fees, but close enough. I'm not what ya call a seller, really...anybody need a sealed Wave 2 unique pack?...lol!

I still might decide to upgrade from my 'four of every common' on some units....can one really ever have enough zombies, 4th Mass or rats?...I don't think so...ten seems like a nice round number!

It never ends...lol.
Old May 15th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Congrats man !! Now you need to post pictures of your whole collection displayed!
Old May 15th, 2011, 09:17 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

Nice going. I have different numbers of common squads depending on how "hordy" they play, but two is the minimum. Hope you get many years of playing fun out of them!
Old May 15th, 2011, 11:16 PM

belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby! belgarath rolls all skulls baby!

Congrats! I hope to be there one day. I have big gaps from wave 3 on to wave 6. I am also missing TJ, TT, three of the flag bearers, and Aquilla's Alliance.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion