Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books
Books Not Heroscape-related.

Old October 14th, 2010, 07:32 PM

hakysak is surprisingly tart
Trying to Find a Book

About ten years ago, I began reading a book about a princess who fights dragons. I cannot remember the title or author, so I was wonder if maybe someone else would know.

At the beginning of the book, the princess learns to ride a horse without a saddle. She uses her hips to communicate with the horse in order to steer it. For some reason, she rides with a saddle and is unable to steer the horse and almost gets seriously injured.

That is all I remember of the book, if anyone can remember that scene.

I think the title has the word "dragon" or "dragon slayer" in it, but I am not sure.
Old October 17th, 2010, 09:06 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness The Grim Reaper's Friend wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Trying to Find a Book

I have no clue what book you're talking about, but whatever it is, it sure sounds weird.

Rise of the Valkyrie (Prequels) - Paused
Spoiler Alert!
Old October 18th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakysak View Post
About ten years ago, I began reading a book about a princess who fights dragons. I cannot remember the title or author, so I was wonder if maybe someone else would know.

At the beginning of the book, the princess learns to ride a horse without a saddle. She uses her hips to communicate with the horse in order to steer it. For some reason, she rides with a saddle and is unable to steer the horse and almost gets seriously injured.

That is all I remember of the book, if anyone can remember that scene.

I think the title has the word "dragon" or "dragon slayer" in it, but I am not sure.
Did she invent a fire-proof thing and fight dragons?

If so... (just recently read it)

The Hero and the Crown by Robin McKinley.

First published in 1984, so it's old enough.

If it helps:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summary
Although she is the daughter of Damar's king, Aerin has never been accepted as full ryalty. Both in and out of the royal court, people whisper the story of her mother, the witch-woman, who was said to have enspelled the king into marrying her, to get an heir to rule Damar--then died of despair when she found out she had borne a daugher insead of a son. But none of the, not even Aerin herself, can pedict her destiny--for she is to be the true hero who will wield the power of the Blue Sword...

Last edited by Fen_Hydra; October 18th, 2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old October 19th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The Enchanted Forest series? It's a princess & dragons, some of which she fights.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; October 19th, 2010 at 11:07 AM. Reason: *chuckle* you'll never guess where I copied the picture from...
Old October 20th, 2010, 12:39 PM

hakysak is surprisingly tart

The Hero and the Crown...

That's it!

thanks Fen_Hydra and others who tried.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Books