Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old October 7th, 2006, 04:16 PM

deathsaurx has disabled reputation
Maybe because they each throw only one grenade each?

Dang it, I forgot this place existed.
Old October 7th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsaurx
Maybe because they each throw only one grenade each?
Well, maybe...

But...

So you think Nilfheim coughs up one big chunk of ice? I always though of it as a really sharp hailstorm coming out.
Old October 7th, 2006, 05:13 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Ok, why has no one mentioned that the power is called "Thorian Speed"? The sword gives him the ability to dodge very quickly, but "scatter area" or "rapid" attacks are faster than he can dodge.

I guess it seems pretty straight forward to me.
Old October 7th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjee
Ok, why has no one mentioned that the power is called "Thorian Speed"? The sword gives him the ability to dodge very quickly, but "scatter area" or "rapid" attacks are faster than he can dodge.

Taken directly from Heroscape.com's bios,

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.heroscape.com
The Katana, an enchanted sword that channels the powers of the great warrior Thorian, obscures Alexander's image from afar, making him almost impossible to strike.
Seems pretty strait forward to me.
Old October 7th, 2006, 05:33 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139
Quote:

Taken directly from Heroscape.com's bios,

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.heroscape.com
The Katana, an enchanted sword that channels the powers of the great warrior Thorian, obscures Alexander's image from afar, making him almost impossible to strike.
Seems pretty strait forward to me.
D'oh! I hate it when the bio's contradict the power title. I guess Thorian fog just didn't sound as cool as Thorian speed.

This would be the perfect place to philosophize on why Khosumet's bio makes him out to be such a toughy but his stats make him a little helpless puppy.
Old October 7th, 2006, 10:41 PM

Chimpy knows what's in an order marker Chimpy knows what's in an order marker
Quote:

This would be the perfect place to philosophize on why Khosumet's bio makes him out to be such a toughy but his stats make him a little helpless puppy.
The point of this thread is to look at the heroscape universe outside the game. Questions like "why is khousmet so weak" and "why can't all the figures move at one time in the game" do not really fit in.

Okay back on topic: If Drake appears all blury why can Sullivan aim at him?

"Clay lies still, but blood's a rover; / Breath's a ware that will not keep.
Up, lad: when the journey's over / There'll be time enough to sleep!"
~"Reveille", A.E. Housman
Old October 7th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy
Quote:

The point of this thread is to look at the heroscape universe outside the game. Questions like "why is khousmet so weak" and "why can't all the figures move at one time in the game" do not really fit in.

Okay back on topic: If Drake appears all blury why can Sullivan aim at him?
Well, he knows the area he's in. Once again, think of a TV with static all over it. You can tell where something is, but not well.

He'd shoot in his direction, and it would hit him.
Old October 7th, 2006, 10:47 PM

But he dosn't shoot a huge amount of shrapnel out of his gun. He shoots one bullet which then splinters when it reaches the target.

Old October 7th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

One of which hits the target. From what I can tell, from 40 yards away, it will hit 5-feet across (so says wikipedia). Now, unless I'm mistaken, that would hit Drake. Let's say that two dashes is one foot.

----@@----

The @ is Drake. Now, he can distort himself like this:

--@@@@@@--, the outside ones being blurs.

Sullivan shoots, and the bullet breaks apart.

He will either aim too far left or too far right, seen here:

--@@------

------@@--

Drake would be hit, indirectly, either way.
Old October 7th, 2006, 11:21 PM

Okay, now I understand. I asked my friend what he thought and recieved a 10 minute leeson on what "scattershot" is. (This guy's favorite time of the year is the annual gun and knife show.)

Old October 7th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpy
Okay, now I understand. I asked my friend what he thought and recieved a 10 minute leeson on what "scattershot" is. (This guy's favorite time of the year is the annual gun and knife show.)

Yeah, I've never been a gun fan. I didn't really get it until I read the Wikipedia article on it.

Now, swords, that's a different story!
Old October 7th, 2006, 11:56 PM

Does anybody else have thoughts on question #2?

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction