Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Old August 1st, 2010, 04:44 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness
S1R's Battle Reports-NHSD 2011 added

SoCal Slaughter 2011

I played a Warforged (WF) x3, Microcorp (MC) x2, Raelin 2.0 army. Our tournament had some restrictions on the units you could bring (otherwise I would've run a GSW/Raelin+Dragon army; format explanation here). I was nervous about Braxas since she could easily roast my expensive figures, and I was also concerned about how well my army could take down big guys like Q9, but I decided that this was my best option with the units I brought, so I went for it.

Game 1

My first game was against CharosInCharge, the second place finisher from last year, on Fossil. He had a beast army with Krug, Mimring, Raelin 1.0, two Swogs, and the rest Arrow Gruts (AG).

He started the game off and moved up Raelin. I moved my warforged towards the unrevealed glyph (we had kelda, gerda, dagmar, valda, and wannok in the pool). I took the glyph and the AGs took out one warforged with the help of a Swog. I also sent up Raelin behind the hive, hoping to setup my MC there with WF blocking. I took initiative the next round and moved my warforged beyond Raelin's aura and took out 2 AG. He positioned Raelin in pretty much the mirror location and once Mimring flew over I couldn't navigate around to get height with Tactical Switch; owever, I was still able to give her two wounds. The AGs and Mimring were on fire (no pun intended) and took out 4 WF and 1 MC.

CiC has got his forces sort of split, with AGs and a Swog on my left and Raelin/Mim/AGs on my right near the tree. I realize I need to take down Raelin and focus on the isolated forces while they're outside of her range, so I move my WF up towards her and to locations where they can block for my MC-however they fail and cause no damage until Raelin takes a disengagement wound from a WF. The MC aren't all that effective, but they manage to take out a Swog (or two, my notes don't say when the second died). The WF are great against the AGs, as they manage to hold off all their attacks. CiC also moves Krug up at the end of the round.

I use my MC to focus fire on Krug while blocking him from taking the high ground next to Raelin and they deal four wounds to him. The Raelin boosted MC hold off against Krug and AGs, only losing one the whole round. The MC bring Krug to 5 wounds and take out an AG as well. The WF move up to try and pin Krug while taking out 2 AGs that are getting close to Raelin.

CiC finally takes back initiative and attacks Raelin with a very angry Krug, but it takes two turns to kill her, letting me kill Krug and Raelin with WF. At this point there are 3 WF, 2 AG and a full life Mimring left. I move my WF over to Mimring and the battle goes on, with the AGs useless against the WF and Mimring picking them off. The game ended with 1 AG and a 2 life Mimring left.

Loss 0-1

Game 2

My next game was against King of the Marro on one of my favorite maps, Embattled Fen. He had Kelda, Raelin, a Fen Hydra (my most hated unit) and zombiessssss.

I won initiative (for the only time except the final round) and advanced my MC, trying to take Wannok and the high ground for zombie sniping. He advances Raelin and his zombies and Kelda takes the wound from Wannok. The next round I try to position Raelin near my guys, but I underestimated their speed on road, as they took out 3 MC and Raelin took out 2 zombies and got a disengagement wound from flying to high ground. At this point I move up my WF as the zombies have crept close to my start zone and the WF take out 3 zombies as retribution for two fallen WF. I had also lost Wannok, so Raelin takes a wound from that.

The zombies keep coming and take out Raelin, but the WF hack them to pieces, killing an unknown number and retaking Wannok (Kelda takes the wound again). The Hydra moves up and takes out a MC on height as well as a WF. I use tactical switch to cozy up to his Raelin and take her out. I kill off Kelda right before KotM was going to use her, and the Hydra tears my army up (still with four heads). I disengage one of my WF to try and take Wannok, but he dies instead. Next round I cut off three Hydra heads and at the end of the round there's 1 MC, 1 WF, 1 zombie and a 1 life Hydra left on the battlefield (after my last MC rolls a 20 for Stealth Armor)

The Hydra takes out my WF and the MC's attacks do nothing to it. My third turn I kill the zombie sitting on Wannok with my MC, who I'd moved to be out of the Hydra's range. Final round of the game was a standoff, with my MC and the Hydra on opposite sides of Wannok. I had won initiative, so on my third turn I moved onto the glyph and uselessly fired up at the Hydra. The Hydra moved down to height and the MC held up to his attack. Wannok finished off the Hydra, for yet another close game.

Win 1-1

Game 3

My third match was against Leotheanimal87 on Arctic Divide. He had the Krav, Frost Giant, and a whole bunch of Phantom Knights (PK).

He won initiative and we both started moving our forces forward. He revealed the Dagmar glyph while I started shuttling my troops to surround Raelin on the hill by my left corner. Since he's only using his PKs I put my OMs on my WF and they take down 2 PKs while 1 WF falls. Next round his PKs take out an MC and WF that hadn't made it into Raelin's aura, my WF take out 2 PKs and Leo advances the Krav. I win initiative again and take out a squad of PKs while two WF fall. Le takes initiative and shortly after I reposition Raelin his KMA take her out along with 2 WF and 1 MC. I only manage to take out 1 KMA.

The Krav are doing work now as they have free rein over the top elevated section since I had decided to move my troops to the lower ground on the sides. I lose 2 WF while only taking out 1 PK. Leo has initiative the next round as well and takes out a WF, so I start moving my MC off the cliff headed towards the Giant, who was just sitting in the start zone doing nothing. I had made a miscalculation though, as there were PKs within flight range behind the glaciers who engaged my low-ground MC and took down two of them. At this point I knew I was gone, as Leo made short work of my 2 last MC with his remaining 2 KMA, 3 PKs, and Frost Giant (with I believe one wound).

Loss 1-2

Game 4

My fourth match was against Oogie Da Bruce on Acorloah's Trial. His army had Nakita Agents, Laglor, Otonashi, and two squads each of Glads and Blasts.

The first round was all positioning as the B/Gs and the MC took off for the top of the map (although Raelin was summoned to the top and held off Blastatron attacks). Oogie got initiative again and killed off Raelin, but my MC were doing work and took out a full squad of glads and 1 blastatron, leaving 3 MC and 2 glads on the top of the map. MY MC take out a glad and a Nakita, but all fall to a rampaging Laglor, causing me to have to send some more up to the top (not a short journey).

I take initiative the next round and put 5 wounds on Laglor (who is now at the top with my MC) and take out a glad while losing one MC. I win initiative again and finish off Laglor and take out the penultimate Nakita (who've managed to take out my remaining MC). I move up the WF along the side and to the top. The next round is all positioning as blastatrons and the WF move up.

I win initiative and move my WF to the top, while G/Bs move up on the other side. I summon the last Nakita to the top (avoiding Engagement Strike; note: the Nakitas never got their smoke to work the whole game) and killed her off. The next few rounds are slow going as I block him from gaining access to the top while killing whatever unit is at the top of the ladder and I move my WF along the side to swoop around and get full attacks in. The blastatrons aren't able to do much against the autodefense, although 4 attacks of two dice every turn takes out 1 WF a round and I clean up the G/Bs and Otonashi. I won with 7 WF left.

Win 2-2

I finished in 6th with a SOS of 10 (pretty high for four rounds!) and around 220 total points remaining. I definitely made some play mistakes (that's what I get for not practicing!) and I don't think my army choice was the best as both the WF and MC really want OMs, although I think the WF were great against the AGs and Blastatrons since without support they can't do anything against the WF. Statistically, Stealth Armor was pretty much right on point, with an average of two saves per game (2/8 is 25% and there's a 30% chance of rolling 15+) so luck didn't affect me that much (especially with WF who get an auto shield.)

SoCal Slaughter 10/16/10
Spoiler Alert!

Bay Area Draft Tourney BR

Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; October 20th, 2011 at 03:26 PM.
Old August 1st, 2010, 11:43 AM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: S1R's Bay Area Draft Tourney BR

S1R, thanks for the nod to your battle report over in Vertigosmooth's BR. Good read, and it sounds like it was totally fun.

I absolutely loved the second report with menchy. As soon as you said 'damn drago, I knew where your report was headed. Too funny at times.

It looks like you drafted pretty well, but had some rust on your gameplay. The 'oil' for that fix is simply play some more. I do hope you get a chance to play more and I look forward to future reports.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-

Last edited by rym; August 1st, 2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: nomnomnoms? That's classic.
Old August 2nd, 2010, 02:09 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
Re: S1R's Bay Area Draft Tourney BR

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
This is my Battle Report for the SF Bay Area Draft Tournament. It was nice to be able to see dnutt's beautiful face and return to the start of my tourney play, as my first Heroscape tournament was also a draft tournament in NorCal-if you didn't know I go to college in SoCal so I don't get to chill with my NorCal peeps as often anymore.
The pleasure was all mine Mr. SmooV

9 RotV - 4 SotM - 5 DDMS - 2 MarvelScape - 7 RttFF - 6 FotV - 5 VW - 4 TT - 4 TJ - 5 GC Xclusive - 6 FB's - 1,561 Figures - 7,147 Hexes - 174.24% Complete -
(All for just $4,000 BUCKS)
Old October 17th, 2010, 09:39 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness S1R_ART0R1US wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: S1R's Battle Reports-NHSD added

Battle report for NHSD added
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:09 PM

Leotheanimal87 is surprisingly tart

Congrats again! I hope to face you again next year and maybe things will be different this time around
Old October 18th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Excellent battle reports! Did you just remember all that? No way I could have remembered that much detail unless I was taking notes during the games. And ever so glad I didn't have to face you, man ... two of those guys you took down stomped me flat. Awesome playing. A well-deserved victory for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 18th, 2010, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Excellent battle reports! Did you just remember all that? No way I could have remembered that much detail unless I was taking notes during the games. And ever so glad I didn't have to face you, man ... two of those guys you took down stomped me flat. Awesome playing. A well-deserved victory for you.
Your army scared me at first, lol but I manage to pull through. It was a great game though and I had a blast. I feel honored to have played an admin.

What I learned from NHSD 2017: “If you have height advantage, don’t use stinger drain.”
Old October 18th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Under Taro's Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotli View Post
Yeah, I took notes-the only game that was crunched for time was the fourth one, but we still finished on time. I'm glad I didn't have to face those two Hydras too-I hate the Hydra. Thanks
Old October 18th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leotheanimal87 View Post
Your army scared me at first, lol but I manage to pull through. It was a great game though and I had a blast. I feel honored to have played an admin.
Heh. There's actually no game wins required to become an admin, so every once in a while one of us gets through who isn't all that awesome. I've done 3 of these tournaments now, and my first year I came in 16 out of 31, and this year 11 out of 20, which is pretty reflective of my ability, I think. Last year ... well, let's not talk about last year.

Quote:
Yeah, I took notes-the only game that was crunched for time was the fourth one, but we still finished on time.
Even that's impressive in my book. I'm happy if I have enough brainpower to devote to the game, much less multitasking.

Quote:
I'm glad I didn't have to face those two Hydras too-I hate the Hydra. Thanks
Oh, I'm sure you would've taken me down. The trick for my army was trying to get the most out of Kelda. I never needed her in game #1, she was useful-ish in game #2, but the PKs really won the game (just barely), she kicked butt in game #3 but I still lost (against CharosInCharge), and then I just couldn't bring her to bear in game #4 (against Leotheanimal87) or game #5. I need better strategies for OM placement with this army. I'd say, just from your battle reports and knowing who you beat, you're a far better player than I, and I don't have any problem admitting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old October 18th, 2010, 07:53 PM
C3G Strategist

CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby! CharosInCharge rolls all skulls baby!

Pretty sure I was able to kill all the 10th =P. But yeah that was a very close and intense match. Congrats again on winning! And don't forget to edit that post on The Book of the Airborne Elite

Hope to play you again next year.
Old October 19th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Under Taro's Banner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharosInCharge View Post
Pretty sure I was able to kill all the 10th =P. But yeah that was a very close and intense match. Congrats again on winning! And don't forget to edit that post on The Book of the Airborne Elite

Hope to play you again next year.
Looks like you got your revenge!

Last edited by S1R_ART0R1US; October 20th, 2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old October 21st, 2011, 01:16 PM

Re: S1R's Battle Reports-NHSD 2011 added

I got my revenge too from last year S1R_ART0R1US :P Were 1 and 1 on NHSD! Hopefully we play each other next year. Your always quite the challenge for me lol Oh and yes my frost giant did have 1 wound in the end

What I learned from NHSD 2017: “If you have height advantage, don’t use stinger drain.”

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports