Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old January 7th, 2010, 04:42 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!
How to translate a 'Slow' attack into Heroscape

Hello all.

I am working on a custom Uncommon Hero that I would like to have a Breath Weapon of Slow Gas attack. I have come up with an idea that I think works, but I was just wondering if you all had any feedback as to whether or not this would be too powerful of an ability.

Slow Gas Special Attack
Range 5. Attack Special

Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose up to two other figures adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by the Slow Gas Special Attack. Roll the 20-sided die once for each figure. If you roll a 15 or higher then remove an order marker from the chosen figure's army card (or cards if your opponent has more then one common card for that figure) if that order marker would allow the figure to take the next turn.

Does this sound like a decent representation of a 'slow' attack? If not, let me know your thoughts

Thanks for any/all feedback.

My Customs
Winter Olympics = $6,000,000,000
Gold Medal Hockey Tickets = $2,000
Seeing an American Politician forced to wear a Canadian Jersey = Priceless
Old January 7th, 2010, 04:49 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: How to translate a 'Slow' attack into Heroscape

I would think that "slow attack" would mess with Turn Order. Maybe like adding one to the turn order marker number. So Turn 1 is actually Turn 2, Turn 2 is actually turn 3, and Turn 3, is actually turn X ( or 4).

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 7th, 2010, 04:50 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therrian View Post
Hello all.

I am working on a custom Uncommon Hero that I would like to have a Breath Weapon of Slow Gas attack. I have come up with an idea that I think works, but I was just wondering if you all had any feedback as to whether or not this would be too powerful of an ability.

Slow Gas Special Attack
Range 5. Attack Special

Choose a figure to attack. You may also choose up to two other figures adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by the Slow Gas Special Attack. Roll the 20-sided die once for each figure. If you roll a 15 or higher then remove an order marker from the chosen figure's army card (or cards if your opponent has more then one common card for that figure) if that order marker would allow the figure to take the next turn.

Does this sound like a decent representation of a 'slow' attack? If not, let me know your thoughts

1- Slow attack to me means that you would actually reduce their movement value.

2-Commons do not need separate cards to be used to represent the individual Common Hero or Squad (Uncommon Heros do require this)
Old January 7th, 2010, 04:54 PM

Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby! Therrian rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
I would think that "slow attack" would mess with Turn Order. Maybe like adding one to the turn order marker number. So Turn 1 is actually Turn 2, Turn 2 is actually turn 3, and Turn 3, is actually turn X ( or 4).
I toyed with that idea a bit. The issue I had with that was that it would make the ability affect figures that were not involved in the breath weapon, and/or actually give an advantage to the other player by allowing him to use two units in a row if turn 1 became turn 2 and turn 2 stayed turn 2.

I do like the core of that idea alot...do you think the above points are not game breaking?

My Customs
Old January 7th, 2010, 04:56 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Hello all.

Slow Gas Special Attack
Range 5. Attack Special

EDIT:'d

Wouldn't that be a special power? I think it is a pretty cool idea.
You might want to increase the chance, because Dund can do the same thing for all turns. It could read:

Slow Gas Breath
After moving but before attacking, choose a figure within 5 spaces of _. You may also choose up to two other figures adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by the Slow Gas Breath. Roll the 20-sided die once for each figure. If you roll a 11 or higher then that figure (or figures, if it is a common figure) cannot take the following turn.

Just my opinion.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...

Last edited by Killz; January 7th, 2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: ninjad
Old January 7th, 2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Hello all.

Slow Gas Special Attack
Range 5. Attack Special

1- Slow attack to me means that you would actually reduce their movement value.

2-Commons do not need separate cards to be used to represent the individual Common Hero or Squad (Uncommon Heros do require this)
1 - It can be for sure. I thought about that as well, but I didn't want to start introducing 'slow' counters on figures if I could avoid it.

2 - I copied the meat of the ability, including that part, straight from the Dund card. It's pointless for most folks, but I think some people still use the multiple common card method like the rulebook explains. You have multiple cards, but can activate any figures regardless of which card you use, etc.

My Customs
Old January 7th, 2010, 04:59 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

In that case wouldn't "Crippling Gas" be a more appropriate name for it?
Old January 7th, 2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Quote:
Hello all.
EDIT:'d

Slow Gas Special Attack
Range 5. Attack Special

Wouldn't that be a special power? I think it is a pretty cool idea.
You might want to increase the chance, because Dund can do the same thing for all turns. It could read:

Slow Gas Breath
After moving but before attacking, choose a figure within 5 spaces of _. You may also choose up to two other figures adjacent to the targeted figure to be affected by the Slow Gas Breath. Roll the 20-sided die once for each figure. If you roll a 11 or higher then that figure cannot take the following turn.

Just my opinion.
I like that. I think I was being a little cautious with the ability since I read a discussion a day or so about how too many 'Dund' like figures could result in taking all your opponent' turns away, but what you have there seems pretty reasonable.

My Customs
Old January 7th, 2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Hmm, what you say is true The figure I am making is a Young Copper Dragon, which has a Slow Breath Attack, so the name should stay for posterity's sake.

Perhaps the order marker isn't the way to go.

What about something that does involve a counter, that lasts until the end of the round, and does the following on a roll of 15 on the D20.

1 - The figures affected cannot perform any non-attack special abilities until the end of the round.
2 - They can either move or attack, but not do both in a turn until the end of the round.
3 - Their movement and attack are all halved until the end of the round.

Does that seem too powerful?

My Customs
Old January 7th, 2010, 05:10 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Quote:
Hmm, what you say is true The figure I am making is a Young Copper Dragon, which has a Slow Breath Attack, so the name should stay for posterity's sake.

Perhaps the order marker isn't the way to go.

What about something that does involve a counter, that lasts until the end of the round, and does the following on a roll of 15 on the D20.

1 - The figures affected cannot perform any non-attack special abilities until the end of the round.
2 - They can either move or attack, but not do both in a turn until the end of the round.
3 - Their movement and attack are all halved until the end of the round.

Does that seem too powerful?
I think it should only negate movement special ability's. But other than that, It looks cool.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old January 7th, 2010, 05:15 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

The Slow Breath weopon in D&D usually affects movement and the number attacks per turn. So I think negating Multiple attacks and halving Movement might work.

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 8th, 2010, 03:28 PM

mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker mrkurtb knows what's in an order marker

If you want to make it less powerful or if you want to simply add to an effect already listed above, consider:

"If the #1 order marker is on a card of any figure affected by 'Slow Breath' in the previous round, all other players add +8 to their initiative roll."

Drizzt Do'Urden and Guenhwyvar keep on giving.
I recommend everyone try Darth Vader's Massivescape suggestions.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs