Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old September 14th, 2006, 07:47 PM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
[PCT] (Papercraft cheap things) - Teleportal 1.0 - 15/11/06

Hi to all
This is my first terrain custom fo HS. As i'm not a sculptor, and as i want cheap things, i made it with paper.

This is a Teleport portal.... a Teleportal.

How to build

Print and cut the 3 parts: DO NOT CUT NOW the little space in the middle, you'll do after pre-folding.

To help precise folding, go on a window, place the pieces on the glass, and with a ball pen and a ruler draw the folding lines on the back, using stong pressure (DON'T BREAK THE GLASS!!). Now you can pre-fold all without difficulty.
Then you can cut the previous space.

You must glue first the two part forming the "insert" for the colored part. Use some tiny object to apply pressure when glueing. The black border (it's purple in this image) needs to be aligned with the little space you've just cutted out.

Glue everything else, then take the "base" piece, and start from the "interior". Keep care to the distance between them.

Start closing the sides. You may want to apply some weight to the base before closing it.

You'll finish with this last part.

Make the two tops. You should have these piece, at the end.

Now you can glue the tops to the two columns, obtaining the finished Teleportal.

As the tops and the "columns" are separated piece, you may not like the excess of paper between them: you may cut out the tabs and the "trapezoidal" caps from the columns, and keep only the tabs of the Tops. Now you can glue the tops INSIDE the columns: it's very much difficult, but if done right you'll have better results.

Enjoy

P.S. Sorry for the ugly images

Would you like to listen to my music?

Last edited by Parduz; October 17th, 2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Link updated
Old September 14th, 2006, 08:14 PM
is late for dinner.

Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby! Nooblar rolls all skulls baby!
Wow, that looks really neat! I would like to try it out, but my printer's on the fritz, too

Nice work, though.
Old September 14th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Nice look to the "Ring". What is the DPI of the images so that they print to the correct scale?

Oh, the links for the "Shimmer Pools" doesn't work...

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 14th, 2006, 08:22 PM

Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker Parduz knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi
Nice look to the "Ring". What is the DPI of the images so that they print to the correct scale?

Oh, the links for the "Shimmer Pools" doesn't work...
Fixed the link.

DPI is 150 (sorry about that, i can't upload the PDF file....) which make a 21x29.7 cm image (standard A4 size)

Old September 14th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!
Re: Papercraft Customs #1 - Teleportal [0.1 BETA]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parduz

NOTE:
The textures of the portal comes from an old download from some Quake modding site. I don't remember the site, anyway all credits for the textures goes to those guys.
They look good Parduz. I think the bottom texture in the middle may be my design from your request thread
Old September 14th, 2006, 08:25 PM

CornPuff knows what's in an order marker CornPuff knows what's in an order marker
That looks really cool! Especially printed on transparent paper....

What program did you use to create this?

Also, I remember a thread of papercraft obelisks and the like a little while ago, maybe someone could highlight the art of heroscape papercraft on the front page....
Old September 14th, 2006, 08:31 PM

Cavalier:
yes In the PDF there's full credits to you.

CornPuff:
I've used Anim8or for the 3D mesh, some spare utility to have a "flat" dxf, then CorelDraw and PaintShopPro to "rebuild" the textures.

Me too are waiting for the other paper things....but seems to me that nothing comes out

Old September 14th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death! Cavalier is hot lava death!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornPuff
That looks really cool! Especially printed on transparent paper....

What program did you use to create this?

Also, I remember a thread of papercraft obelisks and the like a little while ago, maybe someone could highlight the art of heroscape papercraft on the front page....
Here's the link to the obelisks thread:
http://heroscapers.com/community/showthread.php?t=2241
Old September 14th, 2006, 08:40 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Quote:
<snip>
More, seems that i can't log in the download section....so i can't ever upload the PDF (can someone pls help me?)

<snip>
Parduz, have you signed up on the downloads section? You have to create a seperate account. Or if you would like to email the PDF to me, I can get it put up for you. PM me if you have questions.
Old September 14th, 2006, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
<snip>
More, seems that i can't log in the download section....so i can't ever upload the PDF (can someone pls help me?)
<snip>
Parduz, have you signed up on the downloads section? You have to create a seperate account. Or if you would like to email the PDF to me, I can get it put up for you. PM me if you have questions.
Sure. SolidSCAPE stays in the Downloads section..... or the site have been tampered and i need to re-register?

So you are the papercraft obelisk man.... thanks for the link

Old September 14th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier
Quote:
<snip>

<snip>
Who made you an Admin?

Parduz: Cavalier is correct, you need to create a new account (you can use your same member name (highly suggested, actually more than highly suggested, you should use the same member name) and use the same password. You should then be able to access the downloads sections and upload your PDFs (as long as a they are less than 2 Mbs after that point they must be forwarded to Truth).

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old September 14th, 2006, 09:37 PM

Malechi:
if i create a new account for the the download section with my member name, i will loose the "ownership" of the SolidSCAPE "uploaded" file?

'cause i WAS registered....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles