Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Which Stat Spread should be used?
EagleOne's! 0 0%
Gold1's! 3 10.00%
NecroBlade's! 5 16.67%
Messenger's! 3 10.00%
Xn F M's! 6 20.00%
ZBeeblebrox's! 4 13.33%
GeneralGrievous13's! 9 30.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 20th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Create-A-Unit 2: Part 6 - Abilities Discussion

Alright, here's my final submission - Posse!, Quick Draw!, and Deputy!. Posse! is an edited version of Xn F M's - I toned it down to keep the point value for our man down a bit. Quick Draw! is a weird Engagment Strike type thing. Deputy! is in the same vein as Rich10's suggestion and Parmenio.

-----

POSSE!: When you reveal an Order Marker on <UNIT>, instead of taking a turn as usual, you may move OR attack with up to two Lawmen you control.

QUICK DRAW!: If a Lawman you control within 6 clear sight spaces of <UNIT> would be dealt damage, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, ignore all damage and place a wound marker on the unit dealing the damage.

DEPUTY!: At the start of the game, you may choose a medium Unique Hero you control. For this game the chosen card is a Lawman, regardless of what is listed on the card.

-----

...now, I'm a big hesitant about the last one - but I think it'll work out, really. Deputy Jotun may be a toughie, but his boosts won't do TOO much, so... yeah. Hopefully it isn't too bad.

Also, I could use some help cleaning up the wording on these. Not that it matters much because HOPEFULLY someone can do that once we get a confirmed set.

And one final thought - SUBMIT YOUR FINAL SHEETS AND MAKE SURE I KNOW! Less than a day left, and so far we're a bit thin on final submissions... make sure you remember!

And one more thing - for officialness's sake, could you use "<UNIT>" for the guy's name? You know, to make it more clear to the voters and such.

And I think I'm done now.

Last edited by johnny139; May 20th, 2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old May 20th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
DEPUTY!: At the start of the game, you may choose and Unique Hero you control. For this game the chosen card is a Lawman, regardless of what is listed on the card.

-----

...now, I'm a big hesitant about the last one - but I think it'll work out, really. Deputy Jotun may be a toughie, but his boosts won't do TOO much, so... yeah. Hopefully it isn't too bad.
Medium-sized? Deputy Jotun may be a toughie, Deputy Raelin may be trouble, but Deputy Q9 is downright scary.

~Aldin, combining Queeglix with shotguns - devestation may ensue

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 20th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:
DEPUTY!: At the start of the game, you may choose and Unique Hero you control. For this game the chosen card is a Lawman, regardless of what is listed on the card.

-----

Medium-sized? Deputy Jotun may be a toughie, Deputy Raelin may be trouble, but Deputy Q9 is downright scary.

Ah! Good thinkin', tex. *edits*

I also shrunk Quick Draw! a bit - because I want this guy to be relatively cheap, and 8 Range is already a big advantage.
Old May 20th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey, Johnny , if your'e worried about your deputies being too powerful, just put a point cap on it. Say 100pts? Or maybe something related to <UNIT>'s point cost.

Edit: y'all came up with a solution and discussed it before I could get my post in . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 20th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I think you need a Quick Draw!, Mr. X.
Old May 20th, 2009, 05:39 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
Quote:

-----

Ah! Good thinkin', tex. *edits*

I also shrunk Quick Draw! a bit - because I want this guy to be relatively cheap, and 8 Range is already a big advantage.
I limited my Deputize to humans to avoid Q9, Cyprien, Nilfheim... I also think that you need to limit the deputy from causing any other figures to move. Otherwise, figures with bonding (like Sir Gilbert, elves,...) could make a Posse like ability to be broken.

Lets be careful to avoid this Lawman helper from becoming too powerful. Otherwise, we will end up with a 300 point figure.
Old May 20th, 2009, 05:40 PM

Messenger has disabled reputation

Quote:
POSSE!: When you reveal an Order Marker on <UNIT>, instead of taking a turn as usual, you may move OR attack with up to two Lawmen you control.

QUICK DRAW!: If a Lawman you control within 6 clear sight spaces of <UNIT> would be dealt damage, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 14 or higher, ignore all damage and place a wound marker on the unit dealing the damage.

DEPUTY!: At the start of the game, you may choose a medium Unique Hero you control. For this game the chosen card is a Lawman, regardless of what is listed on the card.
So Deputy Kaemon Awa gets an extra turn with James Murphy, with no line-of-sight or proximity requirements. And if damage is ever dealt to Deputy Kaemon Awa (through his 4 defense) there's a 35% chance that he will not receive ANY damage at all...

It sounds like we've got another 200 point hero!!

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:22-24
Old May 20th, 2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
I limited my Deputize to humans to avoid Q9, Cyprien, Nilfheim... I also think that you need to limit the deputy from causing any other figures to move. Otherwise, figures with bonding (like Sir Gilbert, elves,...) could make a Posse like ability to be broken.
A Deputy Sir Gilbert could not bond with the knights (they prefer champions). But he could still use his movement enhancement (no restriction there).

So, yes, you'd have the case where you'd be moving two lawmen and up to four squad figures per turn...scary.

There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Old May 20th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
Quote:

So Deputy Kaemon Awa gets an extra turn with James Murphy, with no line-of-sight or proximity requirements. And if damage is ever dealt to Deputy Kaemon Awa (through his 4 defense) there's a 35% chance that he will not receive ANY damage at all...

Not at all. It's Move or Attack - one or the other. James Murphy can't use his shotgun and Kaemon can't use his double attack thingy. Both have good Range, I admit, but it'll take a while to get them into position. AND, on top of that, you need to move Mr. Cleef - which would require leaving one of the two behind - if you want to keep his Quick Draw! bonus.

Same thing with the "bonding" problem presented - you can't use your guy's abilities, only Move or Attack with them. So, yeah, I'd say it's fairly balanced. Only playtesting will tell, though.
Old May 20th, 2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Not at all. It's Move or Attack - one or the other. James Murphy can't use his shotgun and Kaemon can't use his double attack thingy. Both have good Range, I admit, but it'll take a while to get them into position. AND, on top of that, you need to move Mr. Cleef - which would require leaving one of the two behind - if you want to keep his Quick Draw! bonus.

Same thing with the "bonding" problem presented - you can't use your guy's abilities, only Move or Attack with them. So, yeah, I'd say it's fairly balanced. Only playtesting will tell, though.
Aaah...didn't notice that.

Personally, I don't see the problem with Deputy Gilbert. Currently he can take a turn, move some knights, and then the knights get a turn, all on ONE order marker. Reducing that to two Lawmen while moving four figures is not that much more powerful, if at all.

Old May 20th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Special attacks would still work with that phrasing wouldn't they? I don't see how the activated unit would lose it's option to make a special attack unless it's specifically stated. For the record it was never my intention to deny their special attacks.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 20th, 2009, 05:59 PM

I still like my Quickdraw better, though:
Quote:
Quickdraw
When Hero is targeted by a normal non-adjacent attack, roll one combat die. If a skull is rolled treat this as one unblockable wound on the targeting figure. If the targeting figure is destroyed, remove it from the game before it attacks.

Cover Fire
If Hero inflicts one or more wounds on an opponent’s figure, you may move one Lawman you control who is within 8 clear sight spaces of Hero up to 4 spaces. You cannot use Cover Fire to move Hero.

The Quick and the Dead
When Hero is destroyed you may move any unrevealed order markers on this card to any Lawman you control.
Do we allow for alterations later, like wording and such? Or is the power written in stone when it advances?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards