Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old January 14th, 2008, 04:35 PM

DarkDino Woo who?
SotM Based Armies Hurt!

One of my friends keeps on using the Marro, and is constantly forcing us to band together and take him down first. Has anyone come up with a good counter to a similar army to this 500 point army:

Marro Hive x1 = 160 points
Marro Stingers x2 = 120 points
Marro Drudge x2 = 100 points
Marro Drones x2 = 100 points
Isamu x1 = 10 points
TOTAL:490 Points

Also consider he always puts his army in the swamp which is at one end of a long and narrow type map.
I thought I had a good army to counter but got smashed. Here it is:

Major Q10 x1= 150 points
Ninjas of the Northern Wind x1 = 110 points
Krav Maga Agents x1 = 100 points
Ashra Warriors x2 = 100 points
Deathreavers x1 = 40 points
TOTAL: 500 points

Thank You!

Old January 14th, 2008, 09:45 PM

damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby! damja rolls all skulls baby!
One squad of rats in NEVER enough.

I would use figures with multiple attacks each turn and or bonding. The main threat is the stingers - take them out fast and let your opponent use the hive to bring them back one at a time while you pick of the other weaker Marro.

Braxas = 210
'reavers x2 = 80
Q9 = 180
Marro Warriors = 50

(another varient of this theme would be to lose the MW and add Isamu plus another squad of rats)

Tie up and grab glyphs with rats the unlaod with Quiglix gun.
Use Braxas in the endgame to mop up squaddies. I would also focus my attacks on one type (try stingers first) of squad at a time until I had them down to 1 unit then focus my attacks on a different squad type. Chances are your opponent will not use a turn with a squad that is not full strength.

Sir Gilbert = 105
Knights of Weston x 2 = 140
4th Mass x 3 = 210
Eldgrim = 30
Isamu = 10
TOTAL: 495

(you could take out Eldy and Isamu here for a squad of rats, but I like to use at least 2 squads of these whenever I can)

Use Knights Human Champion Bonding to take a turn with Gilbert or Eldgrim. Use Jandar's dispatch when bonding with Gilbert to keep the 4th Mass up within 8 spaces of Gil, then move knights up to the front. When the enemy get close enough put an order marker on the 4th Mass (#2 and or #3) after moving them up from the dispatch to still use "Wait then Fire". Again Take out Stingers ASAP as they are the most dangerous.

damja is a Venoc Viper...
in THE SPARKLY CAVE
Old January 15th, 2008, 03:36 PM

DarkDino Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by damja
One squad of rats in NEVER enough.

I would use figures with multiple attacks each turn and or bonding. The main threat is the stingers - take them out fast and let your opponent use the hive to bring them back one at a time while you pick of the other weaker Marro.

Braxas = 210
'reavers x2 = 80
Q9 = 180
Marro Warriors = 50

(another varient of this theme would be to lose the MW and add Isamu plus another squad of rats)

Tie up and grab glyphs with rats the unlaod with Quiglix gun.
Use Braxas in the endgame to mop up squaddies. I would also focus my attacks on one type (try stingers first) of squad at a time until I had them down to 1 unit then focus my attacks on a different squad type. Chances are your opponent will not use a turn with a squad that is not full strength.
If I focus on the stingers(especially if he keeps them back) then focus on the smaller squads, I have to once again deal with the stingers, with a diminished army, was he's sure to have taken out at least 3 or 4 figures by now. I used the rats to hold the stingers in place but then his drones freed them up. The army I had used was mainly for taking out the hive. Focusing on the squads, is what I think got me killed because that's what the marro want you to do. Now, those armies are very nice, and I'll try both. But for the hive what we need is a long range like.... Syvarrs or something. Thanks for the advice though! I probably should use the rats to go for glyphs. Hopefully I can beat his army.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion