Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old July 30th, 2006, 10:05 AM

minotaur35 has disabled reputation
initiative glyph

Am I wrong in thinking this glyph is broken? we played with it as a permanent glyph for the first 5-6 games then decided it was too powerful and started leaving it out. now we have switched to if you find it you get glyph and can use it any time but only once. This works nicely and can almost guarantee you get first shot somewhere down the line when you really need it. +8 everytime seemed too much
Old July 30th, 2006, 10:15 AM

matty420 has disabled reputation
I agree we did exactly the same thing you did, and using it only once seem to work much better.
Old July 30th, 2006, 12:05 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
as i said in another thread, i dont use glyphs. if i ever decide to do a scenario, i will, but about 99% of my games a last man standing
Old July 30th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: initiative glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotaur35
Am I wrong in thinking this glyph is broken? we played with it as a permanent glyph for the first 5-6 games then decided it was too powerful and started leaving it out. now we have switched to if you find it you get glyph and can use it any time but only once. This works nicely and can almost guarantee you get first shot somewhere down the line when you really need it. +8 everytime seemed too much
I like your house variation, but I don't think this glyph is broken at all.
Old July 30th, 2006, 01:02 PM

Logan_Xavier has disabled reputation
Nah, I don't think it;s broken either.

We use up to three in our games. About 1/2 the time, the person with the Initiative glyph rolls crappy, and ends up going third or fourth.

So really it gives a little boost, that can be beat if the roll is low. Anything over 13 (with the glyph) is hard to beat on a natural roll of a D20.

Bulls: 49-33
Time to crush the Heat and advance to the second round!!
Old July 30th, 2006, 01:34 PM

capfan has disabled reputation
I agree that the glyph is too powerful. I hardly ever use this one and never the range one.
Old July 30th, 2006, 01:57 PM

Command-and-Conquer has disabled reputation
No its not broken. We rarely play with gylphs because we think it makes the game unfair. I don't think it makes it unfair, just that we dont play with them very often.

Need a life outside from Heroscape?

Well good luck.
Old July 30th, 2006, 02:50 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Broken? No, that glyph is certainly not broken! We even hardly try to hold that glyph.

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old July 30th, 2006, 02:58 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth
I agree with several other posters....it isn't broken.

I used to think it might be but if the glyph is in play and your opponent is holding it down, that only means that you have to approach each round as if you will not have initiative.

IMO, (and many others) the only glyph that begins to even approach being broken is the Glyph of Ivor (range + 4)
Old July 30th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
IMO, (and many others) the only glyph that begins to even approach being broken is the Glyph of Ivor (range + 4)
I concurr. Ivor glyph is the closest to something that is broken in this game.
Old July 30th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean
I concurr. Ivor glyph is the closest to something that is broken in this game.
Well, that and Taelord's cost.

Woops - did I say that out loud?

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old July 30th, 2006, 08:24 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Initiative is fine for me, as it only ever comes once per round. Ivor is eliminated from our games. Too much range.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's