Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: What shall our Hero's purpose be?
A Support Hero for the Primadons! 6 13.64%
A "Dragon Master!" 8 18.18%
A Counter-Dragon Hero! 0 0%
A Vampire/Undead Hunter! 5 11.36%
A Support Hero for the Lawmen! 9 20.45%
An Utgar Cowboy! 3 6.82%
A Melee Booster/Anti-Range Hero! 2 4.55%
A Counter-Soulborg Hero! 8 18.18%
A Support Hero for the Roman Archers! 3 6.82%
A Support Hero for the Zombies of Morindan! 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 30th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: Create-A-Unit 2: Part 2 - Purpose Discussion

Huh - apparently, I can't edit in a poll.

I'll look into that. Please stand by, folks...

EDIT: Neeeevermind. Blame me for not looking at the bottom of the page.

Last edited by johnny139; April 30th, 2009 at 07:57 PM.
Old May 1st, 2009, 11:19 AM

Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death! Lamaclown is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralGrievous13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
Let me throw out another possibility that isn't species specific. How about a hero that has "return fire". This could be a counterstrike for ranged attacks (normal and special). The figure could then be a robot, soulborg or a humanoid type figure (that has body armor with this technology) that would fire back at anything that is shooting at it. That could accomplish what I would like (a counter to Q9) and could encourage more melee battles.
I almost dropped my Mac-n-cheese when I read this. Almost a year ago, I made a soulborg for that had a power just like this. I think that I called it a Reflection Shield. Anyway, I worded the power like the normal counterstrike, but for ranged attacks. It worked really well, since it makes the enemy have to fight you in close combat. I have always thought that this was one of the best powers that I had come up with and it is one of my favorites to use. I would love to see another figure with this power and I was just thinking that a few days ago. + rep for reading my mind.
Aquilla's Alliance has delivered...
http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller.../Gurei-oni.jpg
(pic from the Book of Gurei-Oni)

It is a great ability.
Old May 1st, 2009, 11:33 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Let me throw out another possibility that isn't species specific. How about a hero that has "return fire". This could be a counterstrike for ranged attacks (normal and special). The figure could then be a robot, soulborg or a humanoid type figure (that has body armor with this technology) that would fire back at anything that is shooting at it. That could accomplish what I would like (a counter to Q9) and could encourage more melee battles.
I almost dropped my Mac-n-cheese when I read this. Almost a year ago, I made a soulborg for that had a power just like this. I think that I called it a Reflection Shield. Anyway, I worded the power like the normal counterstrike, but for ranged attacks. It worked really well, since it makes the enemy have to fight you in close combat. I have always thought that this was one of the best powers that I had come up with and it is one of my favorites to use. I would love to see another figure with this power and I was just thinking that a few days ago. + rep for reading my mind.

It is a great ability.
It is a good ability. If it worked against special attacks, it would be a great ability.
Old May 1st, 2009, 11:37 AM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
I actually came up with an Utgar cowboy a while back who did something like this, sort of a quick-draw gunslinger in a black hat. He was pretty cool... need to find that card... hmmm...
Old May 1st, 2009, 01:32 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Something that might be interesting is a d20 based counter-attack ability. It's like counterstrike, but you shoot back at who shot at you. I in other words, you are rolling attack vs their defense after they attack you on their turn, so LOS and range will still matter. In some really odd run of luck against a Kato army, he could conceivably attack 8 times on your opponent's turn.
Old May 1st, 2009, 01:52 PM
...Huzzah!

EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby! EagleOne rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Something that might be interesting is a d20 based counter-attack ability. It's like counterstrike, but you shoot back at who shot at you. I in other words, you are rolling attack vs their defense after they attack you on their turn, so LOS and range will still matter. In some really odd run of luck against a Kato army, he could conceivably attack 8 times on your opponent's turn.
I like that idea!

EagleOne is Syvarris...
in the WYNN KEEP...
Old May 1st, 2009, 04:16 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
I think that would work well so long as it works on normal and special attacks. I think that it would work best on a hero with a fair amount of technology; it would be an automatic part of the armor. It would probably make sense if the hero came from a planet where they had to fight lots of ranged attackers (like soulborgs). Finally, it should probably be a special power so that it works even if the hero is engaged to a different figure.
Old May 1st, 2009, 04:43 PM

GeneralGrievous13 is surprisingly tart
Smile Re: Create-A-Unit 2: Part 2 - Purpose Discussion

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamaclown View Post
Quote:
Quote:

It is a great ability.
It is a good ability. If it worked against special attacks, it would be a great ability.
How could I forget about that lovable one-eyed ogre! Thanks for the reminder Lamaclown.

Also, I agree with you Rich10. I made my Reflection Shield work on both normal and special attacks. The way I see it, you would not turn off a shield that blocks bullets just because you were being attacked by a different kind of bullets. You would have to be or to do that!

*Oops, those bullets look like they're special, I better turn off my shield...*

Old May 1st, 2009, 05:38 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Vote Fortress Door!

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old May 1st, 2009, 06:33 PM

Geryon has disabled reputation

What do you think guys? Saw a lot of people showing desire for a lawman hero, I posted this one a little while back. I've tested him quite a few times and he is a blast and can be quite effective!
Old May 2nd, 2009, 01:08 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

The "Dragon Master" concept makes me want to groan. Its just too...bleh. I don't use the word nerd that often on these boards, and I do like the Eragon series, but it seems like a thousand amateur fantasy writers a day try to create an unoriginal story of a person with enormous powers riding a dragon. Just annoying...and quite nerdy, imo (And yes, I do happen to find the irony in my statement. )

I went with an anti-soulborg hero. Lots of versatility and fun concepts there, imo...

-scorp

scorpiusx presents...The Orphanage....
Old May 2nd, 2009, 01:10 AM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I do like that concept, Geryon, especially with how inexpensive yet effective the lawmen/Deadeye Dan are. +Rep, mi amigo!

-scorp

scorpiusx presents...The Orphanage....

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards